Author Topic: Kobe Scores 61 at Madison Square Garden...Most EVER.  (Read 2284 times)

OchoCinco

Re: Kobe Scores 61 at Madison Square Garden...Most EVER.
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2009, 06:59:35 PM »
LOL here is what America thinks of Kobe's performance...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=frontpage&pollId=67140

lol ill bet 95% never watched jordans game, there just goin off biases. i aint sayin kobes was better, just that i bet 50% watched kobe do it and 5% watched jordan do it.

Not Likely

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2009, 07:03:48 PM »
You know you're good when you can score 61 points and have that as your 4th highest point total in a single game.

he's not good. he's GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT!

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2009, 07:16:20 PM »

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=frontpage&pollId=67140

lol ill bet 95% never watched jordans game, there just goin off biases. i aint sayin kobes was better, just that i bet 50% watched kobe do it and 5% watched jordan do it.

I watched both games and the Jordan game was easily more impressive. That Knicks team was a real basketball team, not a Dantoni 3 ring circus.

OchoCinco

« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2009, 07:18:03 PM »

I watched both games and the Jordan game was easily more impressive. That Knicks team was a real basketball team, not a Dantoni 3 ring circus.

thats good for u, but thats not wat i aws getting at. i never claimed that kobes was better.

Not Likely

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2009, 07:21:01 PM »

wat i aws getting at.  kobes was better.

huh?! ;)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2009, 07:38:59 PM »

how was Jordan's game more impressive, ya damn moron? he was being guarded 1-on-1 by John Starks, LMAO. Kobe was double-teamed the whole game. Add to that, Kobe's 61 came on 31 shot attempts. Jordan's came on 37 attempts......AND the 3 point line was a few feet closer when Jordan did it. LOL@your pathetic hate blinding you.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2009, 07:44:59 PM »
50-10-8-4 > 61-3-0-0

Which of the above would you all consider a better game? 

INCREDIBLE performance by Kobe to be sure, but I still don't get how Kobe fans say it proves he is the best.  Do it when it matters.  Phil himself said he was "out of gas" in game 6 last year- how do you not show up for the biggest game of your life?  Suck it up.

And Lakers fans better hope Kobe doesn't start thinking he has to do this every game, as we all know how that story plays out.  Dude is by far the best individual, one on one (or one on five) player, but last night he didn't give anyone the ball not named Gasol.

damn dude...you really hate Kobe, huh? LOL

First, which game do you think is better NIK?  To me, it shows the difference between Kobe and LBJ.  Lebron is better at getting his team involved and rebounding, while Kobe when on is simply unstoppable. 

Do I hate Kobe?  NOT even close.  His game, when he is playing like last night, is so similar aesthetically to Jordan's that it is amazing.  However, I have never really liked the way he carries himself, and have been disappointed in him in the playoffs a couple of times.  As far as I am concerned, he had the chance to go out a fighter in the playoffs last year and prove the haters wrong, but instead went out with a whimper (and that wasn't the first time he did that in the playoffs).  Someone in this thread said Kobe can score 60 against any team, any time he wants, but if that was the case he would've went off against the Celtics. 

Still, lets leave it at this- historic game being that is was played at the Garden, and one of the best individual performances in a long time.

But i fail to see how 60/3/0 is better than 50/10/8/4.  I would rather just have this thread focus on Kobes amazing game last night, but when it was said that this proves Kobe is WAY BETTER than anyone else in the NBA, then it becomes what is is

Kobe's game was easily better than LeBron's. Cleveland was running an ISO offense for LeBron last season, which means he was involved in every play. Kobe single-handedly dismantled New York's offense and was being double and sometimes even triple teamed, causing Gasol to have a much easier time scoring and rebounding in the paint..did you even see both games? scoring 61 in 31 attempts is a lot more impressive than 50 on 30 attempts. The fact that Kobe is defended harder than Kobe ON ITS OWN makes him more vital to his teammates success than LeBron does...stop the hate, congratulate...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2009, 07:57:21 PM »
I'm still in shock that it's not widely considered an outrage to utter Kobe and Lebron in the same breath. some people are pathetic.

maybe Turf Hitta meant as far as this year is concerned

but seeing every post he makes is some dumbass comment about the Lakers he probably does feels that way overall

LeBron is the fuckin man but just calm down on saying he's better overall than Kobe

nice unfounded claim. Anyway,  LeBron is not as skilled as Kobe, but his ability to put a team of guys who range from  nobodies to decent role players is rivaled only by CP3. Kobe is easily one of the best to play the game ever, but I don't think he is the best in the current NBA. And stop the bullshit comparisons about Kobe being more of a legend. He's a 13 year vet and James has played roughly half of that. Kobe SHOULD be more of a legend right now.

you're an idiot...Cavs have one of the best defensive teams in the league. that's WITHOUT LeBron. their defense is more vital to their success than LeBron is. Learn your basketball before you make an ass of yourself. "Kobe is not the best in the current NBA"...LMFAO.

Take LeBron off the Cavs and you got a group of scrubs. Take Kobe off the Lakers and you still have Bynum, Gasol and Odom.

Lakers would not make the playoffs without Kobe...Cavs have great D, they'd for sure be a playoff team in the East without LeBron. LOL@The Cavs being scrubs.

PG Mo Williams=all-star level point guard, Daniel Gibson=great role player, spot-on shooter
SG Delonte West=quality combo guard, great defender,  Tarrence Kinsey=good back-up, former rookie of the month
SF Sasha Pavlovic=nice role player who can play both ends, Wally Szczerbiak=nice veteran back-up guard, scorer
PF Ben Wallace=former defensive player of the year, JJ Hickson=quality rookie
C Zydruna Ilgauskas=all-star caliber center, Andreson Varaejo=starting center on most other teams

yea....scrubs. ::)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2009, 08:50:46 PM »

how was Jordan's game more impressive, ya damn moron? he was being guarded 1-on-1 by John Starks, LMAO. Kobe was double-teamed the whole game. Add to that, Kobe's 61 came on 31 shot attempts. Jordan's came on 37 attempts......AND the 3 point line was a few feet closer when Jordan did it. LOL@your pathetic hate blinding you.

Right, Laker fans in California are the only ones who are not "blind haters." 49 out of 50 states polled are more impressed by Jordan's performance (not to mention Jordan won the international poll as well). LOL @ your pathetic homerism blinding you. Sorry buddy, it looks like the REST OF THE KNOWN WORLD agrees with me.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2009, 10:25:35 PM »

Right, Laker fans in California are the only ones who are not "blind haters." 49 out of 50 states polled are more impressed by Jordan's performance (not to mention Jordan won the international poll as well). LOL @ your pathetic homerism blinding you. Sorry buddy, it looks like the REST OF THE KNOWN WORLD agrees with me.

LOL...they just had a segment about this on the Laker Hater Network AKA BSPN. They showed the poll...62% voted MJ 38% voted Kobe. Then they went into details about the game and showed clips from both games. the undisputed outcome was that Kobe's game was the better one and that MJ would win ANY poll with his name in it. BSPN! Step your hating game up.

Rick McCrank

« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2009, 11:08:12 PM »

Kobe fans have already stated Kobe>>>MJ is undebatable lol.

don't put us all in the same boat homeboy

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2009, 12:07:05 AM »
and kobe did this with 8 fingers which is more amazing  :o 8)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2009, 12:48:00 AM »

LOL...they just had a segment about this on the Laker Hater Network AKA BSPN. They showed the poll...62% voted MJ 38% voted Kobe. Then they went into details about the game and showed clips from both games. the undisputed outcome was that Kobe's game was the better one and that MJ would win ANY poll with his name in it. BSPN! Step your hating game up.

LOL you need to stop. It was around this same time last year that you were screaming "David Stern is coming to get me!" You think everybody who doesn't perpetually ride Laker dicks unconditionally is a Laker hater. Trust and believe its well documented here. Anyway, there is good reason for MJ to win damn near any poll his name is in, but you wouldn't know anything about that I guess.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2009, 12:54:24 AM »
I'm still in shock that it's not widely considered an outrage to utter Kobe and Lebron in the same breath. some people are pathetic.

maybe Turf Hitta meant as far as this year is concerned

but seeing every post he makes is some dumbass comment about the Lakers he probably does feels that way overall

LeBron is the fuckin man but just calm down on saying he's better overall than Kobe

nice unfounded claim. Anyway,  LeBron is not as skilled as Kobe, but his ability to put a team of guys who range from  nobodies to decent role players is rivaled only by CP3. Kobe is easily one of the best to play the game ever, but I don't think he is the best in the current NBA. And stop the bullshit comparisons about Kobe being more of a legend. He's a 13 year vet and James has played roughly half of that. Kobe SHOULD be more of a legend right now.

you're an idiot...Cavs have one of the best defensive teams in the league. that's WITHOUT LeBron. their defense is more vital to their success than LeBron is. Learn your basketball before you make an ass of yourself. "Kobe is not the best in the current NBA"...LMFAO.

Take LeBron off the Cavs and you got a group of scrubs. Take Kobe off the Lakers and you still have Bynum, Gasol and Odom.

Lakers would not make the playoffs without Kobe...Cavs have great D, they'd for sure be a playoff team in the East without LeBron. LOL@The Cavs being scrubs.

PG Mo Williams=all-star level point guard, Daniel Gibson=great role player, spot-on shooter
SG Delonte West=quality combo guard, great defender,  Tarrence Kinsey=good back-up, former rookie of the month
SF Sasha Pavlovic=nice role player who can play both ends, Wally Szczerbiak=nice veteran back-up guard, scorer
PF Ben Wallace=former defensive player of the year, JJ Hickson=quality rookie
C Zydruna Ilgauskas=all-star caliber center, Andreson Varaejo=starting center on most other teams

yea....scrubs. ::)

If you can't get into the playoffs with a former all star(Odom), a current all star (Gasol) and a future all star (Bynum) then something is seriously wrong. Are you actually saying you would rather have Kobe surrounded by LeBron's supporting cast for your playoff roster? Be serious. The Cavs are nothing without LeBron, probably not even a playoff team. No team led by Mo Williams will ever win anything.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2009, 01:22:25 AM »
Are you actually saying you would rather have Kobe surrounded by LeBron's supporting cast for your playoff roster?

:laugh:
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin