Author Topic: Kobe Scores 61 at Madison Square Garden...Most EVER.  (Read 2281 times)

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Kobe Scores 61 at Madison Square Garden...Most EVER.
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2009, 01:44:20 AM »
Bryant's performance on Monday night drew the highest rating (2.09) in nearly two years for a Knicks' game on MSG Network

8)

yeapp

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2009, 01:49:09 AM »
Not disrespecting anyone here but.......

Lebron is a great player.

Kobe is one of the GREATEST players of all time. I def stack Kobe ahead of Lebron.

I've been watching basketball for about 20 years now (been a Bulls fan the ENTIRE time), and my opinion is I believe Kobe is the 2nd greatest player to EVER play the game, behind Michael Jordan.

The word "GREAT" or "GREATEST" isn't something that I usually just throw around out there, but I truely believe that Kobe is in that top knotch tier with MJ, though I still believe MJ's skill level was slightly above Kobe's.

However, Lebron should not be thrown in to that category (yet, anyways).
real talk Oscar Robinson,Magic Johnson,Larry Bird

but any a way Kobe is physically as great as Jordan what he laccs is the court generalship,team leadership,will,and mental strength Jordan had you can not compare Kobe to Jordan

Jordan never took a night off in his prime never

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2009, 03:38:09 AM »
This is not a case for Kobe. If we are talking about skills, then Kobe is the winner. If we are talking about the player with the biggest positive impact on his team, its LeBron.

Take LeBron off the Cavs and you got a group of scrubs. Take Kobe off the Lakers and you still have Bynum, Gasol and Odom.

I don't know. I mean both players have a ridiculous impact on their own teams. I don't like those arguments anyway. Everybody plays a role in his own team. Even Trevor Ariza is playing a great role in those Lakers, just like Rick Fox, Robert Horry etc.. used to do for the 3peat team. You know.. i've always said that: everybody has a role, and you have to respect that. I've always said it's wrong to say things like "Shaq won 3 ring", "Kobe won 0", "Kobe won the one against Indiana", etc.. Those arguments are stupid. It's a team game. I make you an example: obviously if you take LeBron James off the Cavs, they won't win the ring no more. It's a safe thing to say that. You are right. But.... it's the same if you take Mo Williams out too, man. Or if you take both Varejao and Ilgauskas off the team. Can you immagine the Cavs reaching the NBA Finals in 2007 without Gibson? Dude stepped up playing even better than LeBron. Role players, but still fundamental. Can you immagine the 2002 Lakers reaching the Final without Robert Horry? Or the 2000 Lakers winning the Finals against Indiana without the 21 years old Kobe Bryant (and i know everyone say "Shaq won L.A. 3 rings") stepping it up when Shaq got fouled out in that infamous Overtime? It was Shaq's team, obviously. But Kobe was decisive too. Even more than Shaq, that night. So.. i don't know, man. If this one is an argument you like go ahead and say that. I'm not a fan of those argumentations. To me Kobe Bryant is the best player out of the two. Point. Then you can make 300 other considerations, but i won't follow you on this one.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2009, 03:43:14 AM »
LOL here is what America thinks of Kobe's performance...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=frontpage&pollId=67140

I understand it. I mean those Knicks sucks. Them Knicks were a good team. Obviously it's different. There are some 50 points performances by Kobe which are more impressing than some 60 ones too. But still... to make 61 points ain't easy, even against those Knicks. And it's impressive.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 03:45:26 AM by Antonio »

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2009, 06:41:30 AM »
Jordan's MSG performance was a WAY bigger moment.  The GOAT comes outta retirement and drops the double nickel in MSG?  Get the fuck outta here. That was right on the heels of him coming out of retirement, rockin the 45- he shook the rust off like a motherfucker that night.  Eventhough he had been away from the game for 2 years, he stepped right back in and showed everybody that he still had it.  I remember watching that shit in my living room, it was crazy. 

Dropping 61 anywhere is a hell of a task, mad props for that.  It's not touching Jordan's performance.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2009, 06:44:51 AM »

<a href="http://youtube.com/v/4NoT8m50_UI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://youtube.com/v/4NoT8m50_UI</a>

thisoneguy360

« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2009, 10:08:12 AM »
Jordan's performance will always be higher regarded because of the situation and Michael's aura during the time he played, but at the end of the day 62>55.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2009, 10:24:29 AM »
What's people's obsession with MSG? Is this some sort of magical place or something? Those Knicks of today fucking suck and are also inflating stats. No comparison to MJ's game no comparison to Kobe's best games either. Close this thread.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2009, 12:10:05 PM »
LOL here is what America thinks of Kobe's performance...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=frontpage&pollId=67140

I understand it. I mean those Knicks sucks. Them Knicks were a good team. Obviously it's different. There are some 50 points performances by Kobe which are more impressing than some 60 ones too. But still... to make 61 points ain't easy, even against those Knicks. And it's impressive.

any time you dump 50+ in, its a great performance. I don't mean to take anything away from him.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2009, 12:11:45 PM »
Jordan's performance will always be higher regarded because of the situation and Michael's aura during the time he played, but at the end of the day 62>55.

dantoni = more possessions = more fga = more points

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2009, 02:57:48 PM »
did NIK really just call the TV network that is almost as big a Kobe fan as he is BSPN? :laugh:

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2009, 05:15:16 PM »
I was actually at the game on Monday, the atmosphere was fucking crazy. Based on the crowd reaction, it's obvious who the night belonged to at the Garden.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2009, 05:16:44 PM »
I was actually at the game on Monday, the atmosphere was fucking crazy. Based on the crowd reaction, it's obvious who the night belonged to at the Garden.

it shows how terrible Knicks fans are.

how do you root for a player who is single handedly making your team look like shit & breaking records in your buidling?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2009, 05:17:35 PM »
did NIK really just call the TV network that is almost as big a Kobe fan as he is BSPN? :laugh:

holy crap.. you're dumber than i thought.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2009, 05:24:47 PM »
I'm still in shock that it's not widely considered an outrage to utter Kobe and Lebron in the same breath. some people are pathetic.

maybe Turf Hitta meant as far as this year is concerned

but seeing every post he makes is some dumbass comment about the Lakers he probably does feels that way overall

LeBron is the fuckin man but just calm down on saying he's better overall than Kobe

nice unfounded claim. Anyway,  LeBron is not as skilled as Kobe, but his ability to put a team of guys who range from  nobodies to decent role players is rivaled only by CP3. Kobe is easily one of the best to play the game ever, but I don't think he is the best in the current NBA. And stop the bullshit comparisons about Kobe being more of a legend. He's a 13 year vet and James has played roughly half of that. Kobe SHOULD be more of a legend right now.

you're an idiot...Cavs have one of the best defensive teams in the league. that's WITHOUT LeBron. their defense is more vital to their success than LeBron is. Learn your basketball before you make an ass of yourself. "Kobe is not the best in the current NBA"...LMFAO.

Take LeBron off the Cavs and you got a group of scrubs. Take Kobe off the Lakers and you still have Bynum, Gasol and Odom.

Lakers would not make the playoffs without Kobe...Cavs have great D, they'd for sure be a playoff team in the East without LeBron. LOL@The Cavs being scrubs.

PG Mo Williams=all-star level point guard, Daniel Gibson=great role player, spot-on shooter
SG Delonte West=quality combo guard, great defender,  Tarrence Kinsey=good back-up, former rookie of the month
SF Sasha Pavlovic=nice role player who can play both ends, Wally Szczerbiak=nice veteran back-up guard, scorer
PF Ben Wallace=former defensive player of the year, JJ Hickson=quality rookie
C Zydruna Ilgauskas=all-star caliber center, Andreson Varaejo=starting center on most other teams

yea....scrubs. ::)

If you can't get into the playoffs with a former all star(Odom), a current all star (Gasol) and a future all star (Bynum) then something is seriously wrong. Are you actually saying you would rather have Kobe surrounded by LeBron's supporting cast for your playoff roster? Be serious. The Cavs are nothing without LeBron, probably not even a playoff team. No team led by Mo Williams will ever win anything.

Now I don't even think you follow the NBA...Odom isn't a former all-star. Their are better rosters out their than the Lakers minus Kobe that ain't making the playoffs in the west (Clippers, Utah, etc.).. However, Cleveland's defense, even without LeBron, is way too good to not make the playoffs in the east, where you don't even have to have a winning record to make the playoffs. Cleveland minus LeBron is still good enough defensively to be better than Milwaukee, who's in the playoffs right now. For the record, I prefer the Lakers' supporting cast, but Kobe would win titles with either one.