Author Topic: Kobe Scores 61 at Madison Square Garden...Most EVER.  (Read 2277 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Kobe Scores 61 at Madison Square Garden...Most EVER.
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2009, 05:25:50 PM »
did NIK really just call the TV network that is almost as big a Kobe fan as he is BSPN? :laugh:

holy crap.. you're dumber than i thought.

lol, i honestly dont believe you have ever seen an episode SportsCenter or any of ESPN's NBA related shows based off that comment.

the last time they ever talked near bad about him was when he got in trouble a few years ago, but what sports analysts didnt?

they might still make Jordan look to be the standout greatest of all time, but they talk about Kobe as second behind MJ.

i know that a statement like "second to MJ" is blasphemous in you Laker bible, but they talk beyond highly about Kobe.

not that he doesnt deserve to be talked about highly, but they are far off from making your golden child look bad lmao.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2009, 05:27:25 PM »
Not disrespecting anyone here but.......

Lebron is a great player.

Kobe is one of the GREATEST players of all time. I def stack Kobe ahead of Lebron.

I've been watching basketball for about 20 years now (been a Bulls fan the ENTIRE time), and my opinion is I believe Kobe is the 2nd greatest player to EVER play the game, behind Michael Jordan.

The word "GREAT" or "GREATEST" isn't something that I usually just throw around out there, but I truely believe that Kobe is in that top knotch tier with MJ, though I still believe MJ's skill level was slightly above Kobe's.

However, Lebron should not be thrown in to that category (yet, anyways).
real talk Oscar Robinson,Magic Johnson,Larry Bird

but any a way Kobe is physically as great as Jordan what he laccs is the court generalship,team leadership,will,and mental strength Jordan had you can not compare Kobe to Jordan

Jordan never took a night off in his prime never

Kobe's mental toughness and dedication to the game > Jordan's....people who played with both have testified to this. Kobe would never give up basketball to play baseball, and he's been through more scrutiny.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2009, 05:30:28 PM »
did NIK really just call the TV network that is almost as big a Kobe fan as he is BSPN? :laugh:

lol, i honestly dont believe you have ever seen an episode SportsCenter or any of ESPN's NBA related shows based off that comment.

the last time they ever talked near bad about him was when he got in trouble a few years ago, but what sports analysts didnt?

they might still make Jordan look to be the standout greatest of all time, but they talk about Kobe as second behind MJ.

i know that a statement like "second to MJ" is blasphemous in you Laker bible, but they talk beyond highly about Kobe.

not that he doesnt deserve to be talked about highly, but they are far off from making your golden child look bad lmao.

Damn dude, how retarded are you? of course they're gunna talk highly about Kobe, he gets them great ratings. still, BSPN is known by the Laker Nation as a joke of a network with ridiculous amounts of east coast bias. They were pretty much covering the Celtics last year about twice as much as they covered the Lakers. They also like to hype up players like LeBron and Wade as some of the greatests and market them as players on Kobe's level. Anyone who knows shit about BSPN knows this...ask ANY true Laker fan what they think of BSPN.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2009, 05:32:15 PM »
Jordan's performance will always be higher regarded because of the situation and Michael's aura during the time he played, but at the end of the day 62>55.

dantoni = more possessions = more fga = more points

lol...come on, muthafucka. i already pointed out that Jordan's 55 came on 37 attempts, while Kobe's 61 came on 31. :-*

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2009, 05:33:06 PM »
I'm still in shock that it's not widely considered an outrage to utter Kobe and Lebron in the same breath. some people are pathetic.

maybe Turf Hitta meant as far as this year is concerned

but seeing every post he makes is some dumbass comment about the Lakers he probably does feels that way overall

LeBron is the fuckin man but just calm down on saying he's better overall than Kobe

nice unfounded claim. Anyway,  LeBron is not as skilled as Kobe, but his ability to put a team of guys who range from  nobodies to decent role players is rivaled only by CP3. Kobe is easily one of the best to play the game ever, but I don't think he is the best in the current NBA. And stop the bullshit comparisons about Kobe being more of a legend. He's a 13 year vet and James has played roughly half of that. Kobe SHOULD be more of a legend right now.

you're an idiot...Cavs have one of the best defensive teams in the league. that's WITHOUT LeBron. their defense is more vital to their success than LeBron is. Learn your basketball before you make an ass of yourself. "Kobe is not the best in the current NBA"...LMFAO.

Take LeBron off the Cavs and you got a group of scrubs. Take Kobe off the Lakers and you still have Bynum, Gasol and Odom.

Lakers would not make the playoffs without Kobe...Cavs have great D, they'd for sure be a playoff team in the East without LeBron. LOL@The Cavs being scrubs.

PG Mo Williams=all-star level point guard, Daniel Gibson=great role player, spot-on shooter
SG Delonte West=quality combo guard, great defender,  Tarrence Kinsey=good back-up, former rookie of the month
SF Sasha Pavlovic=nice role player who can play both ends, Wally Szczerbiak=nice veteran back-up guard, scorer
PF Ben Wallace=former defensive player of the year, JJ Hickson=quality rookie
C Zydruna Ilgauskas=all-star caliber center, Andreson Varaejo=starting center on most other teams

yea....scrubs. ::)

If you can't get into the playoffs with a former all star(Odom), a current all star (Gasol) and a future all star (Bynum) then something is seriously wrong. Are you actually saying you would rather have Kobe surrounded by LeBron's supporting cast for your playoff roster? Be serious. The Cavs are nothing without LeBron, probably not even a playoff team. No team led by Mo Williams will ever win anything.

Now I don't even think you follow the NBA...Odom isn't a former all-star. Their are better rosters out their than the Lakers minus Kobe that ain't making the playoffs in the west (Clippers, Utah, etc.).. However, Cleveland's defense, even without LeBron, is way too good to not make the playoffs in the east, where you don't even have to have a winning record to make the playoffs. Cleveland minus LeBron is still good enough defensively to be better than Milwaukee, who's in the playoffs right now. For the record, I prefer the Lakers' supporting cast, but Kobe would win titles with either one.

LOL what?

Kobe would not get past Boston in the Eastern Conference Finals if he was on the Cavs! :loco:

besides Mo Williams being better than Derek Fisher; Lakers starters>>>Cavs starters, then probably Laker bench>>>Cav bench.

no matter how great Kobe is, the fact is Lakers (as a whole)>>>Cavs (as a whole).

you can switch Kobe & Lebron & the Lakers would still win because the whole cast of Lakers players would outplay the whole cast of the Cavs.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2009, 05:33:32 PM »
Jordan's MSG performance was a WAY bigger moment.  The GOAT comes outta retirement and drops the double nickel in MSG?  Get the fuck outta here. That was right on the heels of him coming out of retirement, rockin the 45- he shook the rust off like a motherfucker that night.  Eventhough he had been away from the game for 2 years, he stepped right back in and showed everybody that he still had it.  I remember watching that shit in my living room, it was crazy. 

Dropping 61 anywhere is a hell of a task, mad props for that.  It's not touching Jordan's performance.

Brilliant logic! Because he came out of retirement, it makes it a greater performance. ::)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2009, 05:36:02 PM »
I'm still in shock that it's not widely considered an outrage to utter Kobe and Lebron in the same breath. some people are pathetic.

but seeing every post he makes is some dumbass comment about the Lakers he probably does feels that way overall

LeBron is the fuckin man but just calm down on saying he's better overall than Kobe

nice unfounded claim. Anyway,  LeBron is not as skilled as Kobe, but his ability to put a team of guys who range from  nobodies to decent role players is rivaled only by CP3. Kobe is easily one of the best to play the game ever, but I don't think he is the best in the current NBA. And stop the bullshit comparisons about Kobe being more of a legend. He's a 13 year vet and James has played roughly half of that. Kobe SHOULD be more of a legend right now.

you're an idiot...Cavs have one of the best defensive teams in the league. that's WITHOUT LeBron. their defense is more vital to their success than LeBron is. Learn your basketball before you make an ass of yourself. "Kobe is not the best in the current NBA"...LMFAO.

Take LeBron off the Cavs and you got a group of scrubs. Take Kobe off the Lakers and you still have Bynum, Gasol and Odom.

Lakers would not make the playoffs without Kobe...Cavs have great D, they'd for sure be a playoff team in the East without LeBron. LOL@The Cavs being scrubs.

PG Mo Williams=all-star level point guard, Daniel Gibson=great role player, spot-on shooter
SG Delonte West=quality combo guard, great defender,  Tarrence Kinsey=good back-up, former rookie of the month
SF Sasha Pavlovic=nice role player who can play both ends, Wally Szczerbiak=nice veteran back-up guard, scorer
C Zydruna Ilgauskas=all-star caliber center, Andreson Varaejo=starting center on most other teams

If you can't get into the playoffs with a former all star(Odom), a current all star (Gasol) and a future all star (Bynum) then something is seriously wrong. Are you actually saying you would rather have Kobe surrounded by LeBron's supporting cast for your playoff roster? Be serious. The Cavs are nothing without LeBron, probably not even a playoff team. No team led by Mo Williams will ever win anything.

Now I don't even think you follow the NBA...Odom isn't a former all-star. Their are better rosters out their than the Lakers minus Kobe that ain't making the playoffs in the west (Clippers, Utah, etc.).. However, Cleveland's defense, even without LeBron, is way too good to not make the playoffs in the east, where you don't even have to have a winning record to make the playoffs. Cleveland minus LeBron is still good enough defensively to be better than Milwaukee, who's in the playoffs right now. For the record, I prefer the Lakers' supporting cast, but Kobe would win titles with either one.

LOL what?

Kobe would not get past Boston in the Eastern Conference Finals if he was on the Cavs! :loco:

besides Mo Williams being better than Derek Fisher; Lakers starters>>>Cavs starters, then probably Laker bench>>>Cav bench.

no matter how great Kobe is, the fact is Lakers (as a whole)>>>Cavs (as a whole).

you can switch Kobe & Lebron & the Lakers would still win because the whole cast of Lakers players would outplay the whole cast of the Cavs.

Besides Derek Fisher, Laker starters are better at every position? so Luke Walton is better than LeBron James? LMAO. moron.

LeBron would be LOST in a motion offense such as the triangle.

Apparently, you don't know who Kobe is. :-\

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2009, 05:41:56 PM »
^lmao smartass. clearly you would match up Kobe & LeBron lmao.

& i have an idea who Kobe is (esspecially vs. the Celtics), we all saw the finals last year. ;)
Jordan's performance will always be higher regarded because of the situation and Michael's aura during the time he played, but at the end of the day 62>55.

dantoni = more possessions = more fga = more points

lol...come on, muthafucka. i already pointed out that Jordan's 55 came on 37 attempts, while Kobe's 61 came on 31. :-*

honest question, how many free throws did Jordan take in that game?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #83 on: February 04, 2009, 05:50:22 PM »
^I dunno, but I know he definitely missed at least 1 free throw. :laugh:

how are you gunna penalize a player for drawing fouls? he's THAT good...the only way to stop him is fouling him. NOTHING to use against him.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #84 on: February 04, 2009, 09:29:51 PM »

LOL what?

Besides Derek Fisher, Laker starters are better at every position? so Luke Walton is better than LeBron James? LMAO. moron.

Putting words in my mouth and then arguing against those words as if I had actually said them does not make you right, rather it makes you look even more pathetic when you have to reach like that and then frame your argument around shit that nobody said.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #85 on: February 04, 2009, 09:34:17 PM »

Oh, pardon me. To put it in your words, Odom is a former "all star caliber player." Forgive me. Now, it shows a complete lack of faith in your team if you don't think that laker team even without Kobe couldn't make the playoffs. Without Kobe you still have 3 legit scoring options. Take Kobe off the Cavs and who puts points on the board? Mo Williams??? He's gonna carry that team sans James to the playoffs? If they did they'd be fighting for position with the Bucks for the 2nd half of the season.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #86 on: February 04, 2009, 11:47:26 PM »

From 2004-2007 EPSN (and most news outlets for that matter), didn't have many nice things to say about Kobe. Even when he scored 35ppg or 81 against the Raptors, they were saying he was a ball hog (despite leading the team in assists for years), and didn't make players better. After Christmas Day 2007 they all jumped back on the Lakers' nuts. But even today you'll still see annalist argue whether LeBron or even Wade is better then Kobe. Whether you think LeBron is better then Kobe, I'm not here to discuss. I'm just saying ESPN is far from unbiased when it comes to the NBA.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #87 on: February 05, 2009, 01:37:57 PM »

LOL what?

Putting words in my mouth and then arguing against those words as if I had actually said them does not make you right, rather it makes you look even more pathetic when you have to reach like that and then frame your argument around shit that nobody said.

when/how did i put words in ya mouth?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2009, 01:43:49 PM »

Oh, pardon me. To put it in your words, Odom is a former "all star caliber player." Forgive me. Now, it shows a complete lack of faith in your team if you don't think that laker team even without Kobe couldn't make the playoffs. Without Kobe you still have 3 legit scoring options. Take Kobe off the Cavs and who puts points on the board? Mo Williams??? He's gonna carry that team sans James to the playoffs? If they did they'd be fighting for position with the Bucks for the 2nd half of the season.

LOL...Mo Williams, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Delonte West are not legit scoring options? Mo Williams is a scorer, and was considered for this years all-star squad. stop playing down LeBron's supporting cast and quit avoiding the fact that their success relies on their d, not their scoring.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #89 on: February 05, 2009, 02:56:30 PM »
^I dunno, but I know he definitely missed at least 1 free throw. :laugh:

how are you gunna penalize a player for drawing fouls? he's THAT good...the only way to stop him is fouling him. NOTHING to use against him.

i didnt...lmao.

where did i penalize Kobe?

i was just asking.

because you keep saying he had 61 on 31 attempts BUT he went to the line at least 9 times & those 9 shots he got fouled on dont count towards his attempts.

you can say "he would have hit all 9 anyway", which i wouldnt be shocked at, but that means he really took 40 attempts...