Author Topic: R.I.P. Big Pun  (Read 294 times)

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
R.I.P. Big Pun
« on: February 07, 2009, 03:08:58 PM »
it's 9 years today

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/CA7DvbWy7bs" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/CA7DvbWy7bs</a>

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

herpes

Re: R.I.P. Big Pun
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 03:12:24 PM »
damn 9 years ago already

Blood$

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 04:23:32 PM »
R.I.P. Big Pun

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 04:28:27 PM »
damn 9 years ago already

thats flys by way too fast, i was at bk when i heard the news about to go clubbin

westsiderider323

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 05:09:36 PM »
RIP Big Pun

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 05:12:07 PM »
Rest In Peace Big Punisher

Lunatic

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 05:21:38 PM »
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

stillinrehab

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2009, 01:07:41 AM »

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2009, 07:08:00 AM »

Why is Big Pun so revered? why is he seen as one of the best ever? I have capital punishment and yes it is a classic but surely calling him one the best ever is just meaningless because we only have one album from him. Unless of course you are including Yeah Baby in that to, which was more or less utter crap but you can tell that he was really struggling with hie health at that point so I don't even include that one. For all we know, his follow ups could have been very poor. In my opinion Power Of The Dollar is a damn near classic album but 50 cent didn't follow it up with classic albums. Despite what people say, get rich or die trying is hardly a masterpiece, catchy and production wise it is top notch but that is where it ends. I am not denying it is tragic that his career was never allowed to flourish, but I guess we will never know whether he would have been consistent, or just been yet another sellout.

2euce 7even

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2009, 12:16:00 PM »
RIP Big Punisher.

Webby05

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2009, 12:18:57 PM »

Why is Big Pun so revered? why is he seen as one of the best ever? I have capital punishment and yes it is a classic

You just answered your own question, plus Pun did alot of dope tracks away from the capital punishment album

herpes

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2009, 12:30:10 PM »

Why is Big Pun so revered? why is he seen as one of the best ever? I have capital punishment and yes it is a classic but surely calling him one the best ever is just meaningless because we only have one album from him. Unless of course you are including Yeah Baby in that to, which was more or less utter crap but you can tell that he was really struggling with hie health at that point so I don't even include that one. For all we know, his follow ups could have been very poor. In my opinion Power Of The Dollar is a damn near classic album but 50 cent didn't follow it up with classic albums. Despite what people say, get rich or die trying is hardly a masterpiece, catchy and production wise it is top notch but that is where it ends. I am not denying it is tragic that his career was never allowed to flourish, but I guess we will never know whether he would have been consistent, or just been yet another sellout.

Hey may of fell off later on in his career but that can be label politics that leads to that.  But one album is all it takes to show how dope of MC you are.  Even though it was only one album he torn the mic to shreds like few others could.  The power of the dollar by 50 was a great album but as MC's 50 could not touch Pun.  Even if 50 still sounded like POTD 50 he still wouldn't being seeing Pun.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2009, 01:14:18 PM »
R.I.P. "Big Moon Dog"
Big Punisher....."Takin' out all y'all Super heroes!"

mrkmaidog

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2009, 03:46:11 PM »
rip pun. one of the best outta NY to ever do it. i really cant see alotta rappers outshining him, when i listen to his tracks. man im still fiending for more of pun's music. isn't there any unreleased material thats locked away? i remember a couple years ago i heard someone owns puns unreleased music, but isn't trying to put it out there or something like that.