Author Topic: You know what the NBA is really missing?  (Read 2424 times)

tempo2

Re: You know what the NBA is really missing?
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2009, 03:46:02 AM »
the best games to watch in that sense i think are the hawks v celtics games. theyve had some really testy games over the last couple of seasons. of course indiana v detroit was also nice a few years ago.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2009, 06:46:50 AM »
Lakers vs Kings was good.
Lakers vs Suns too.
Lakers vs Celtics is looking good.

Do you watch the rest of the league? Or just Laker games? lol  Those rivalries were ok, but obviously nowhere near the rivalries of the past.

I used to watch a lot of games from other teams too, but now 99% of the games i watch are Lakers games, yeah. They show NBA games when it's 2 AM or 4:30 AM here, so it's hard for me to find watching a Bobcats vs Timberwolves game interesting, in those conditions. I download good games, tho. Like Celtics vs Spurs, i've downloaded it and watched it on the pc.

Anyway i know it's nowhere near the rivalries of the past but....

(chek the next post..)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 06:50:15 AM by Antonio »

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2009, 06:47:55 AM »
You may think I'll be off topic but there are few rivalries nowadays because the way the game is called is GAY imo  ... these Bulls/Pistons , Bulls/Knicks , Knicks/Heat in the late 90es were the shit because teams were able to play extra physical ... good battles in the paint , hard fouls will lead to technical fouls , cheap shots so hatred and rivalries ... that latest C's - Lakers was the shit coz some cheap shots happened , still way too many weak fouls were called ...

True that.

Kool Beenz

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2009, 11:44:12 AM »
Spurs and Suns were always my favorite

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2009, 02:09:24 PM »
whats the NBA missing?  good officiating and a larger floor
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2009, 09:58:03 PM »
Lakers/Celtics are on there way, but they arent like Yankees/Redsox level yet lol.

even so, i cant see it being the same. I think its just the way the league itself has changed. Its like they all are friends lol

all friends? did you watch the last Lakers/Celtics matchup? LOL

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2009, 12:01:54 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/TwlhcnoljnM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/TwlhcnoljnM</a>
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 11:18:54 AM by Antonio »

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2009, 10:42:15 AM »
Lakers/Celtics are on there way, but they arent like Yankees/Redsox level yet lol.

even so, i cant see it being the same. I think its just the way the league itself has changed. Its like they all are friends lol

please. The current Lakers/Celtics "rivalry" (which should be used VERY loosely) is hardly a vicious rivalry lol.  Im talkin teams who genuinly dislike eachother. Chances are, for that to happen it will have to be a rivalry within the same division or conference. The Lakers and Celtics simply dont play eachother enough to really DISLIKE eachother.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2009, 10:57:32 AM »

please. The current Lakers/Celtics "rivalry" (which should be used VERY loosely) is hardly a vicious rivalry lol.  Im talkin teams who genuinly dislike eachother. Chances are, for that to happen it will have to be a rivalry within the same division or conference. The Lakers and Celtics simply dont play eachother enough to really DISLIKE eachother.

Outside of Odom and KG, I think ToNe's right. I mean, I have no idea what Odom's beef with KG is, but his been on him hard and almost dirty for the last year. Other than that, I'm shocked Ray Allen hasn't tried to get into Kobe's head more, as Allen and Kobe once had a heated rivalry. Instead it's Kobe putting Rondo in his place.

wcsoldier

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2009, 11:26:35 AM »
^^^^ That Lamar/KG thing has started in the 1st game of the regular season of last season , KG blocked Lamar layup and said sth like "get the fuck out of here  with that weak shit" then Lamar chased the loose ball and throw Allen out of the bounds ...

Allen getting in Kobe head ? He's Kobe bitch , maybe he does not want this to happen again 

... talking shit with Kobe won't bring anything good , unless you want him to drop 50 on your ass in the next game

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2009, 11:39:35 AM »
^^^^ That Lamar/KG thing has started in the 1st game of the regular season of last season , KG blocked Lamar layup and said sth like "get the fuck out of here  with that weak shit" then Lamar chased the loose ball and throw Allen out of the bounds ...

Allen getting in Kobe head ? He's Kobe bitch , maybe he does not want this to happen again 

... talking shit with Kobe won't bring anything good , unless you want him to drop 50 on your ass in the next game

Kobe dropping 50 isnt always the best thing for the Lakers as a team.  Thats the point of getting into Kobe's head. Hoping you can use his ego against him and get Kobe to revert back to shooting on every touch cus he's taking your shit talkin personal. 
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

wcsoldier

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2009, 12:52:39 PM »

Kobe dropping 50 isnt always the best thing for the Lakers as a team.  Thats the point of getting into Kobe's head. Hoping you can use his ego against him and get Kobe to revert back to shooting on every touch cus he's taking your shit talkin personal. 

I totally agree .... I don't think history shows it is a good tactic though ... he's more likely to go bananas during the next meeting and not in the same game in this era ... but it was true in his early seasons ...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2009, 02:04:07 PM »

The Celtics and Lakers genuinely hate each other...Sasha wont wear green and Ariza said he'd rather kill himself than play for the Celtics before his career's over. watch more games.

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2009, 02:26:58 PM »

The Celtics and Lakers genuinely hate each other...Sasha wont wear green and Ariza said he'd rather kill himself than play for the Celtics before his career's over. watch more games.

keep tryin man...you just want the Lakers to be so much more important then they are lol

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2009, 10:27:35 PM »

keep tryin man...you just want the Lakers to be so much more important then they are lol

Number 1 team by SI and ESPN, and best record in the NBA.. I'd say that's pretty important. The title of the Yankee's of the NBA, that's pretty important, and the only westcoast team that gets coverage in Sportscenter, that's pretty important.