Author Topic: You know what the NBA is really missing?  (Read 2425 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: You know what the NBA is really missing?
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2009, 12:50:21 PM »
Lakers/Celtics are on there way, but they arent like Yankees/Redsox level yet lol.

even so, i cant see it being the same. I think its just the way the league itself has changed. Its like they all are friends lol

all friends? did you watch the last Lakers/Celtics matchup? LOL

please. The current Lakers/Celtics "rivalry" (which should be used VERY loosely) is hardly a vicious rivalry lol.  Im talkin teams who genuinly dislike eachother. Chances are, for that to happen it will have to be a rivalry within the same division or conference. The Lakers and Celtics simply dont play eachother enough to really DISLIKE eachother.

The Celtics and Lakers genuinely hate each other...Sasha wont wear green and Ariza said he'd rather kill himself than play for the Celtics before his career's over. watch more games.

keep tryin man...you just want the Lakers to be so much more important then they are lol

Number 1 team by SI and ESPN, and best record in the NBA.. I'd say that's pretty important. The title of the Yankee's of the NBA, that's pretty important, and the only westcoast team that gets coverage in Sportscenter, that's pretty important.

not more important then anyone else. Especially considering...how many years since the last title?  If you want the title of Yankees of the NBA lol go ahead...you can wait that long for a title also. Joke
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2009, 08:51:55 AM »
Lakers/Celtics are on there way, but they arent like Yankees/Redsox level yet lol.

even so, i cant see it being the same. I think its just the way the league itself has changed. Its like they all are friends lol

please. The current Lakers/Celtics "rivalry" (which should be used VERY loosely) is hardly a vicious rivalry lol.  Im talkin teams who genuinly dislike eachother. Chances are, for that to happen it will have to be a rivalry within the same division or conference. The Lakers and Celtics simply dont play eachother enough to really DISLIKE eachother.

The Celtics and Lakers genuinely hate each other...Sasha wont wear green and Ariza said he'd rather kill himself than play for the Celtics before his career's over. watch more games.

keep tryin man...you just want the Lakers to be so much more important then they are lol

Number 1 team by SI and ESPN, and best record in the NBA.. I'd say that's pretty important. The title of the Yankee's of the NBA, that's pretty important, and the only westcoast team that gets coverage in Sportscenter, that's pretty important.

not more important then anyone else. Especially considering...how many years since the last title?  If you want the title of Yankees of the NBA lol go ahead...you can wait that long for a title also. Joke

I don't know about the Yankee's next title, but I can say that the Lakers are looking good this year.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2009, 11:24:11 AM »
when Duke/North Carolina rivalry is a bigger rivalry for a college sport than any rivalry in the NBA, there is a problem lol.

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2009, 11:28:32 AM »

I don't know about the Yankee's next title, but I can say that the Lakers are looking good this year.

nothing matters unless it happens.  Laker fans thought they looked good last year, and they got mopped in the finals by a real team.  Lakers fans thought they looked good when they tried to beef up their team with a bunch of Hall of Famers, and they got mopped in the finals by a real team.  Thing is, especially on this forum, Laker fans run their mouth all year long about how great they are, about how theyre gonna win the title, how theyre head n shoulders above everyone else (lol) and the reality is, its been how many years since any of that was true?  You and I are Raider fans, fuck man, i bleed Black n Silver...but as a REAL fan, im not stupid enough to say that we are gonna win the Superbowl every fuckin year. Thats not a fan, thats just retarded. I know when my team is bad, when theyre good, when theyre great. If you think and say your team is great every year (NIK), youll be wrong 95% of the time. Bad percentage.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2009, 11:34:47 AM »
when Duke/North Carolina rivalry is a bigger rivalry for a college sport than any rivalry in the NBA, there is a problem lol.

yeah, in all fairness though...Duke/N. Carolina is pretty good lol

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2009, 12:14:30 PM »

no doubt, i love it.

but the NBA should have a better one.

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2009, 12:18:19 PM »

no doubt, i love it.

true. the thing is with college basketball, especially Duke and N.C. is that through recruiting they have the ability (for the most part) to always be great. The NBA is so up and down, that rivalries seem to last for a few years, then die out because one or both teams start to suck.  Problem is, the NBA doesnt even seem to get too many good rivalries even for a 3 or 4 yr period.
but the NBA should have a better one.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2009, 01:06:52 PM »

nothing matters unless it happens.  Laker fans thought they looked good last year, and they got mopped in the finals by a real team.  Lakers fans thought they looked good when they tried to beef up their team with a bunch of Hall of Famers, and they got mopped in the finals by a real team.  Thing is, especially on this forum, Laker fans run their mouth all year long about how great they are, about how theyre gonna win the title, how theyre head n shoulders above everyone else (lol) and the reality is, its been how many years since any of that was true?  You and I are Raider fans, fuck man, i bleed Black n Silver...but as a REAL fan, im not stupid enough to say that we are gonna win the Superbowl every fuckin year. Thats not a fan, thats just retarded. I know when my team is bad, when theyre good, when theyre great. If you think and say your team is great every year (NIK), youll be wrong 95% of the time. Bad percentage.

God Damn, you mentioned my first love, someday the Raiders will get back to the promise land...  :'(

Now for the Lakers, here's the thing, of course people run their mouth here, you have Sccit rallying people up, you got people who love to hate the Lakers, and you put them all in the same place and it's going to be as it is here. Once the Lakers win 1 or 2 titles, it's going to be the same shit. When the Lakers where in their 3 peat, you still had Rod and them talking shit 'cause they felt their Kings got robbed. When your Spurs were winning, no one was really talking shit 'cause the Spurs were damn good, but some people like Sccit were still trying to rep for their team. It's all good, it's sports, fans do that stuff. Myself, I ain't dump enough to say a 3 peat is better than 4 in 7 years. But at the same time, I still root for my Lakers, and hope that Kobe gets that 4th ring. I also know that this year the Lakers have had Gasol all year, last year the Celtics swept the Lakers and this year the Lakers swept the Celtics and Cavs, so things are looking up. ESPN had two rankings this week, one with the Lakers number 1 and the other with Boston number 1 even though the Lakers have a better record and swept Boston this year. I have no beef with other teams, but I got beef with the Lakers are ranked number 3 even though they have the best record and swept the so called number 1 team. That's hate, and that's when I enter debates.

« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2009, 01:22:20 PM »

nothing matters unless it happens.  Laker fans thought they looked good last year, and they got mopped in the finals by a real team.  Lakers fans thought they looked good when they tried to beef up their team with a bunch of Hall of Famers, and they got mopped in the finals by a real team.  Thing is, especially on this forum, Laker fans run their mouth all year long about how great they are, about how theyre gonna win the title, how theyre head n shoulders above everyone else (lol) and the reality is, its been how many years since any of that was true?  You and I are Raider fans, fuck man, i bleed Black n Silver...but as a REAL fan, im not stupid enough to say that we are gonna win the Superbowl every fuckin year. Thats not a fan, thats just retarded. I know when my team is bad, when theyre good, when theyre great. If you think and say your team is great every year (NIK), youll be wrong 95% of the time. Bad percentage.

God Damn, you mentioned my first love, someday the Raiders will get back to the promise land...  :'(

Now for the Lakers, here's the thing, of course people run their mouth here, you have Sccit rallying people up, you got people who love to hate the Lakers, and you put them all in the same place and it's going to be as it is here. Once the Lakers win 1 or 2 titles, it's going to be the same shit. When the Lakers where in their 3 peat, you still had Rod and them talking shit 'cause they felt their Kings got robbed. When your Spurs were winning, no one was really talking shit 'cause the Spurs were damn good, but some people like Sccit were still trying to rep for their team. It's all good, it's sports, fans do that stuff. Myself, I ain't dump enough to say a 3 peat is better than 4 in 7 years. But at the same time, I still root for my Lakers, and hope that Kobe gets that 4th ring. I also know that this year the Lakers have had Gasol all year, last year the Celtics swept the Lakers and this year the Lakers swept the Celtics and Cavs, so things are looking up. ESPN had two rankings this week, one with the Lakers number 1 and the other with Boston number 1 even though the Lakers have a better record and swept Boston this year. I have no beef with other teams, but I got beef with the Lakers are ranked number 3 even though they have the best record and swept the so called number 1 team. That's hate, and that's when I enter debates.

Yeah man. The thing is, there are more then just Laker fans and Laker haters. Theres the largest group and thats the one in the middle that is neither a Laker fan nor a Laker hater.  You got a lot of over dramatic Laker fans who would love to believe that everyone who doesnt love the Lakers, must hate them. lol. When in reality, a lot of us (most of us) just look at them as another team in the West.  I dont see that many Laker haters on this forum.  I see more people that just get annoyed with the lip flapping done all year even when the team hasnt proven shit.  Its comical.  If the Lakers win a title this year, good for them. That would make them the best this year. Just like the years we won. If the Celtics win again, good for them. Theyre the best 2 years in a row.  But like I said, I try to never run my mouth so much during the season (and Ive had plenty of reason to throughout the last decade), and I dont make a million excuses every year that my team loses in the playoffs either.  Its just crazy to me to think of anyone not being able to admit they arent the best, even when their team hasnt won a title in 6 yrs

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2009, 01:30:50 PM »

Yeah man. The thing is, there are more then just Laker fans and Laker haters. Theres the largest group and thats the one in the middle that is neither a Laker fan nor a Laker hater.  You got a lot of over dramatic Laker fans who would love to believe that everyone who doesnt love the Lakers, must hate them. lol. When in reality, a lot of us (most of us) just look at them as another team in the West.  I dont see that many Laker haters on this forum.  I see more people that just get annoyed with the lip flapping done all year even when the team hasnt proven shit.  Its comical.  If the Lakers win a title this year, good for them. That would make them the best this year. Just like the years we won. If the Celtics win again, good for them. Theyre the best 2 years in a row.  But like I said, I try to never run my mouth so much during the season (and Ive had plenty of reason to throughout the last decade), and I dont make a million excuses every year that my team loses in the playoffs either.  Its just crazy to me to think of anyone not being able to admit they arent the best, even when their team hasnt won a title in 6 yrs

I use to stay out too, but of course as of late it's been kind of crazy and so I had to put my 2 cents in. I mean, based on agreeing with Sccit alone made me sit on the sidelines... lol. But then I was like, what people are saying ain't right. You know me man, I was a Shaq guy so post 2004 was a little tough on me as a Laker fan, I stayed with them 'cause since the days of Magic I bleed gold and FORUM BLUE... ha ha ha. If you don't know Forum Blue, you ain't a true Laker fan. So Sccit got himself into some shit, but others want to hate, even ESPN is hating. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerranking

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2009, 03:59:55 PM »

LOL...ToNe is so whack.

« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2009, 04:08:24 PM »

LOL...ToNe is so whack.

yah mama  ;)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2009, 04:13:14 PM »
The Boston and Laker rivalry was renewed ever since KG chose Boston over LA...it's been brewing since Ray Allen talked shit about Kobe...it's been stamped ever since Gasol was acquired...the exclamation point was Odom tackeling Ray Allen last season...the shit that happened in the Finals, with the Celtics showboating and what not was more than a confirmation that this was THE rivalry...Now, with the games this season, it's just more shit up in the mix. Odom bitching Garnett, Doc Rivers getting fined, Kobe treating Rondo like a lil boy, top 2 teams in the league...HISTORY BETWEEN THE FRANCHISES...all that shit, you're retarded if you think this isn't a legit rivalry.

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2009, 04:38:10 PM »
The Boston and Laker rivalry was renewed ever since KG chose Boston over LA...it's been brewing since Ray Allen talked shit about Kobe...it's been stamped ever since Gasol was acquired...the exclamation point was Odom tackeling Ray Allen last season...the shit that happened in the Finals, with the Celtics showboating and what not was more than a confirmation that this was THE rivalry...Now, with the games this season, it's just more shit up in the mix. Odom bitching Garnett, Doc Rivers getting fined, Kobe treating Rondo like a lil boy, top 2 teams in the league...HISTORY BETWEEN THE FRANCHISES...all that shit, you're retarded if you think this isn't a legit rivalry.

if this is the best rivalry the NBA is going to have...then I might as well not give a shit about rivalries anymore.  Ive seen bigger rivalries at the Y lol

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2009, 07:37:52 PM »

if this is the best rivalry the NBA is going to have...then I might as well not give a shit about rivalries anymore.  Ive seen bigger rivalries at the Y lol

In general, the Lakers and Celtics are huge rivals. The franchises are not just battling over rings, they are battling over who is the greatest franchise in NBA history.