Author Topic: Big C-Style Presents 19th Street LBC Compilation  (Read 1481 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Big C-Style Presents 19th Street LBC Compilation
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2009, 02:04:16 PM »
High class material. True classic. 8)

was the album catching any buzz when it came out?  like magazine reviews anywhere?

or just underground?
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Epademik

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2009, 02:16:46 PM »
I originally heard some of these tracks while hanging on the Andy block in Long Beach years ago... I ended up buying it a couple months later at the record shop. I bang the shit out of that cd on the regular. Great album!
i Rap. i Produce. i Mix. #badseed #onewest

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2009, 02:18:25 PM »
I originally heard some of these tracks while hanging on the Andy block in Long Beach years ago... I ended up buying it a couple months later at the record shop. I bang the shit out of that cd on the regular. Great album!

what's the CD insert look like?  are there any pages or is it just a cover?
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Luigi Vercotti

• Lil Geezy
  • High Class
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2009, 02:45:57 PM »
High class material. True classic. 8)

was the album catching any buzz when it came out?  like magazine reviews anywhere?

or just underground?

Album did not have a big promotion at all, but has became a classic real fast when you ask fans of westcoast music (you could call it easily LBC music) , think I remember some adds in The Source magazine, same was with BIG C STYLE presents: Straight Outta Cali, and VA: Escape From Deathrow albums.

C STYLE PRESENTS 19 STREET LBC COMPILATION - - - C STYLE PRESENTS STRAIGHT OUTTA CALI ---- VA: ESCAPE FROM DEATHROW  (CLASSIC TRILOGY, ITS A MUST HAVE)
I decided to open a high class night club for the gentry at Biggleswade with international cuisine and cooking and top line acts, and not a cheap clip joint for picking up tarts -- that was right out, I deny that completely.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2009, 03:20:21 PM »
Snoop was a fool to not sign Crooked

wasn't this the same timeframe he was putting out the EAstsidaz??

Okka

« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2009, 11:03:35 AM »

I think these tracks was recorded in 1995-1998? 1999 was the first time Snoop started fuckin with Goldie Loc.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2009, 04:33:59 PM »

I think these tracks was recorded in 1995-1998? 1999 was the first time Snoop started fuckin with Goldie Loc.

ah really??

guess that makes a lil more sense.

doja

• 'G'
  • atomic dog
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2009, 03:59:24 AM »

Okka

« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2009, 10:23:18 AM »
Aye Coco can you give some info on those tracks you are featured on ? Like some memories about recordin' them and shit like that.

Coke Loc

• Lil Geezy
  • HE IS I & I AM HIM........
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2009, 03:18:43 PM »
Yea I remember when we recorded dippin in my Lo Lo, we did it at Larrabee studio on Santa Monica blvd, that was the first song I ever recorded in the real studio... it was a Dr. Dre session all I remember is we smoked a gang of weed ...  8) and we was all kickin it in the studio, and Snoop put on that beat... I think Dave Swang did the tracc ... Snoop put on the beat, and went in the booth and laid the hook... then we wrote and laid the raps.... man I remember the dayz :laugh:  we thought we was bout to be the biggest thang since the jackson 5 lol.....   we had alotta fun doe .....
http://myspace.com/thelowlifeking
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 03:25:50 PM by Coke Loc »
THE LOWLIFE KING

Shango

« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2009, 03:20:11 PM »
any chance we get that unreleased LBC Crew album ?

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2009, 03:22:03 PM »
did LBC Crew and 2pac record "boom boom boom" together? (aka Out the moon)

it's wierd h ow pac's verse cuts off a bit like he was gonna finish "mobbin in my...."

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2009, 03:36:59 PM »
Yea I remember when we recorded dippin in my Lo Lo, we did it at Larrabee studio on Santa Monica blvd, that was the first song I ever recorded in the real studio... it was a Dr. Dre session all I remember is we smoked a gang of weed ...  8) and we was all kickin it in the studio, and Snoop put on that beat... I think Dave Swang did the tracc ... Snoop put on the beat, and went in the booth and laid the hook... then we wrote and laid the raps.... man I remember the dayz :laugh:  we thought we was bout to be the biggest thang since the jackson 5 lol.....   we had alotta fun doe .....

jackson 5 haha, classic. propz for sharin on the good times!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Okka

« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2009, 04:45:40 PM »

Thanks for sharin' that, feel free to tell us more stories ;D

skriLL

« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2009, 05:06:00 PM »
are there any chances that we get to hear some of the older stuff/leftovers that didn't make the album, Coke Loc?