Author Topic: Californians will be working hard to pay for this bitch...  (Read 3547 times)

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Californians will be working hard to pay for this bitch...
« on: February 12, 2009, 06:06:43 AM »
LOS ANGELES – A big share of the financial burden of raising Nadya Suleman's 14 children could fall on the shoulders of California's taxpayers, compounding the public furor in a state already billions of dollars in the red.

Even before the 33-year-old single, unemployed mother gave birth to octuplets last month, she had been caring for her six other children with the help of $490 a month in food stamps, plus Social Security disability payments for three of the youngsters. The public aid will almost certainly be increased with the new additions to her family.

Also, the hospital where the octuplets are expected to spend seven to 12 weeks has requested reimbursement from Medi-Cal, the state's Medicaid program, for care of the premature babies, according to the Los Angeles Times. The cost has not been disclosed.

Word of the public assistance has stoked the furor over Suleman's decision to have so many children by having embryos implanted in her womb.

"It appears that, in the case of the Suleman family, raising 14 children takes not simply a village but the combined resources of the county, state and federal governments," Los Angeles Times columnist Tim Rutten wrote in Wednesday's paper. He called Suleman's story "grotesque."

On the Internet, bloggers rained insults on Suleman, calling her an "idiot," criticizing her decision to have more children when she couldn't afford the ones she had and suggesting she be sterilized.

"It's my opinion that a woman's right to reproduce should be limited to a number which the parents can pay for," Charles Murray wrote in a letter to the Los Angeles Daily News. "Why should my wife and I, as taxpayers, pay child support for 14 Suleman kids?"

She was also berated on talk radio, where listeners accused her of manipulating the system and being an irresponsible mother.

"From the outside you can tell that this woman was playing the system," host Bryan Suits said on the "Kennedy and Suits" show on KFI-AM. "You're damn right the state should step in and seize the kids and adopt them out."

Suleman's spokesman, Mike Furtney, urged understanding.

"I would just ask people to consider her situation and she has been under a tremendous amount of pressure that no one could be prepared for," Furtney said.

Furtney said he, Suleman and her family had received death threats and had been getting messages that were "disgusting things that would never be proper to put in any story."

In her only media interviews, Suleman told NBC's "Today" she doesn't consider the public assistance she receives to be welfare and doesn't intend to remain on it for long.

Also, a Nadya Suleman Family Web Site has been set up to collect donations for the children. It features pictures of the mother and each octuplet and has instructions for making donations by check or credit card.

Suleman, whose six older children range in age from 2 to 7, said three of them receive disability payments. She told NBC one is autistic, another has attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, known as ADHD, and a third experienced a mild speech delay with "tiny characteristics of autism." She refused to say how much they get in payments.

In California, a low-income family can receive Social Security payments of up to $793 a month for each disabled child. Three children would amount to $2,379.

The Suleman octuplets' medical costs have not been disclosed, but in 2006, the average cost for a premature baby's hospital stay in California was $164,273, according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Eight times that equals $1.3 million.

For a single mother, the cost of raising 14 children through age 17 ranges from $1.3 million to $2.7 million, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture.

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, who is struggling to close a $42 billion budget gap by cutting services, declined through a spokesman to comment on the taxpayer costs associated with the octuplets' delivery and care.

State Sen. Sam Aanestad, R-Grass Valley, an oral surgeon who sits on the Health Committee, said that once a state Medical Board investigation is complete, lawmakers could review issues from government oversight to standards in fertility treatment.

Suleman received disability payments for an on-the-job back injury during a riot at a state mental hospital, collecting more than $165,000 over nearly a decade before the benefits were discontinued last year.

Some of the disability money was spent on in vitro fertilizations, which was used for all 14 of her children, Suleman said. She said she also worked double shifts at the mental hospital and saved up for the treatments. She estimated that all her treatments cost $100,000.

Fourteen states, including California, require insurance companies to offer or provide coverage for infertility treatment, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures. But California has a law specifically excluding in vitro coverage. It's not clear what type of coverage Suleman has.

In the NBC interview, Suleman said she will go back to California State University, Fullerton in the fall to complete her master's degree in counseling, and will use student loans to support her children. She already owes $50,000 in student loans, she told NBC. She said she will rely on the school's daycare center and volunteers.

yahoo.com
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Elano

Re: Californians will be working hard to pay for this bitch...
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 06:28:38 AM »
"a woman's right to reproduce should be limited to a number which the parents can pay for"

That's fuckin right

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 06:31:55 AM »

I find this article quite sick, California is massively in debt because it supports so many illegal immigrants, coming from health care, to schooling, to benefits. Yet never mind the millions and millions of illegal immigrants let us make the talking point about this woman, what a bullshit distraction away from the bigger issue. However it's the very people the leftists if they must insist on a title who have sewed the seeds for their pensions to be crippled. So in trying to do the right thing, what they felt in their hearts, they are destroying their own futures and such a predicament puts the existing illegal immigrants in real financial peril to.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 07:22:06 AM by virtuoso »

the ghost

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 10:41:29 AM »
This bitch makes me so mad....I can't even express how f'd up in the head she is...She can't even support 1 kid.  She had 6 and then has 8 more???  All on my and others dimes in a goddamn recession?

And whats even worse she has a damn publisist.  think he works for free?  WTF
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 10:43:02 AM by the ghost »

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 12:04:13 PM »
This bitch makes me so mad....I can't even express how f'd up in the head she is...She can't even support 1 kid.  She had 6 and then has 8 more???  All on my and others dimes in a goddamn recession?

And whats even worse she has a damn publisist.  think he works for free?  WTF

cut her some slack....maybe she's just starting her own Little League team...nothin wrong with that.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

the ghost

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 12:16:06 PM »
Yeah...she's prob gonna go for a football squad soon....this beast obviously has mental issues...why the hell is she allowed to continue reproducing?

Hey Ma

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 12:24:12 PM »
hopefully cps will keep a close eye on this bitch and god willing she fucks up and those kids get sent elsewhere. mean i know.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2009, 12:33:42 PM »
"a woman's right to reproduce should be limited to a number which the parents can pay for"

That's fuckin right

though I disagree with that statement based on the fact I don't believe the Gov. should limit people's right to reproduce, in this case she already had 6 kids and could only be artificially implanted. Therefore, before implanting her with seeds, we should have had a social worker visit her home, check out her financial situation, and declared that she couldn't even pay for her first 6 kids therefore her ass can't have any medical help to get pregnant.

Before all these women get artificial insemination, we need to have someone go to their house and make sure that this person can care for a kid. There's a difference between a woman who is well establish, but wanted a career and now wants a kid, and a single mom who has 6 kids and wants more. I look a Angelina Jolie, and she's rich as fuck and can afford kids so she can have as many as she wants, and she has the resources, but this woman should have been stopped way before she ever got to the doctors office.

I find this article quite sick, California is massively in debt because it supports so many illegal immigrants, coming from health care, to schooling, to benefits. Yet never mind the millions and millions of illegal immigrants let us make the talking point about this woman, what a bullshit distraction away from the bigger issue. However it's the very people the leftists if they must insist on a title who have sewed the seeds for their pensions to be crippled. So in trying to do the right thing, what they felt in their hearts, they are destroying their own futures and such a predicament puts the existing illegal immigrants in real financial peril to.

California is in debt because of years of being one of the worst ran states in the country. Pete Wilson, Grey Davis, Arnold, that's not a winning team. Under Wilson, schools fell apart, prison rates grew but the budget was balanced. Under Davis, California borrowed money to fix the school system and reform drug rehabilitation, but that put us in debt, and when Arnold won I decided to move to Minnesota... ha ha ha ha ha.

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Cold Hearted Son Of A Bitch
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2009, 12:47:35 PM »

That's fuckin right

I agree. To some extent, it always seem like the poor people have more kids. The world is a crazy place indeed.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2009, 02:07:48 PM »

That's fuckin right

though I disagree with that statement based on the fact I don't believe the Gov. should limit people's right to reproduce, in this case she already had 6 kids and could only be artificially implanted. Therefore, before implanting her with seeds, we should have had a social worker visit her home, check out her financial situation, and declared that she couldn't even pay for her first 6 kids therefore her ass can't have any medical help to get pregnant.

Before all these women get artificial insemination, we need to have someone go to their house and make sure that this person can care for a kid. There's a difference between a woman who is well establish, but wanted a career and now wants a kid, and a single mom who has 6 kids and wants more. I look a Angelina Jolie, and she's rich as fuck and can afford kids so she can have as many as she wants, and she has the resources, but this woman should have been stopped way before she ever got to the doctors office.

The problem with this is every time extreme examples are used to highlight why it's necessary to have such interference but then as with all things, it becomes yet another layer of bureaucracy and with it abuse. Once you allow the state to decide what is an acceptable number of kids to have then you are heading down a very slippery slope because once that legislation is in place, they call the shots.

California is in debt because of years of being one of the worst ran states in the country. Pete Wilson, Grey Davis, Arnold, that's not a winning team. Under Wilson, schools fell apart, prison rates grew but the budget was balanced. Under Davis, California borrowed money to fix the school system and reform drug rehabilitation, but that put us in debt, and when Arnold won I decided to move to Minnesota... ha ha ha ha ha.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 02:39:32 PM by virtuoso »

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2009, 02:33:30 PM »

That's fuckin right

I agree. To some extent, it always seem like the poor people have more kids. The world is a crazy place indeed.

well what the fuck? sex is the most cost effective form of entertainment! So she IS acting in a fiscally responsible manner. lol

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2009, 03:35:53 PM »

That's fuckin right

The problem with this is every time extreme examples are used to highlight why it's necessary to have such interference but then as with all things, it becomes yet another layer of bureaucracy and with it abuse. Once you allow the state to decide what is an acceptable number of kids to have then you are heading down a very slippery slope because once that legislation is in place, they call the shots.

At the same time, when it's an artificial birth, there should be some limits. Natural pregnancies are whatever, you can't stop sex, and people get pregnant, they get pregnant. But in terms of artificial insemination, there should be oversight, and there should be limits.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2009, 03:42:53 PM »

What happens though if infertility continues to rise to a level in which artificial insemination is common place? what about the people who don't have a choice? I see what you are saying in this particular case but once such power is obtained it's never used for just extreme cases, they only highlight extreme cases to get the power.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2009, 04:11:40 PM »

What happens though if infertility continues to rise to a level in which artificial insemination is common place? what about the people who don't have a choice? I see what you are saying in this particular case but once such power is obtained it's never used for just extreme cases, they only highlight extreme cases to get the power.

Well lets say you have a married couple who for years have been trying to have a child, or a lesbian couple, and you can prove that you can raise a child, then it should all be good. If you are a single mother with 2-3-4-9 kids, and you can't raise your kids you already have, then you should be denied.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2009, 04:52:26 PM »

Well lets say you have a married couple who for years have been trying to have a child, or a lesbian couple, and you can prove that you can raise a child, then it should all be good. If you are a single mother with 2-3-4-9 kids, and you can't raise your kids you already have, then you should be denied.

so should poor Mexican women be required to wear burqas? They get pregnant as soon as you look at em  :-X
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"