Author Topic: Terry Porter Fired  (Read 162 times)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Terry Porter Fired
« on: February 12, 2009, 04:20:17 PM »
Who are they gonna hire now? Avery?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Terry Porter Fired
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 04:25:28 PM »
damn...i'm faded...i thought portland fired mcmillan. LOL
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 04:53:35 PM by Now_I_Know »

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 04:30:49 PM »
^^^You mean Phoenix?

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 04:39:06 PM »
WTF? thats crazy...

I really thought Porter was doing a good job, and Portland is amongst the best teams in the league (when healthy)...weird shit.

:eh:
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 04:41:31 PM »
im guessing this means a Shaq trade and/or Kerr stepping in to be the front man for tank season in PHX.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 04:42:34 PM »
LOL what a great hire

Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 04:44:14 PM »
im guessing this means a Shaq trade and/or Kerr stepping in to be the front man for tank season in PHX.

it means....liquidation sale on all Phoenix Suns players!!  "We got offensive (no defensive) players for sale!!  Getcha offensive (no defensive) players for sale!!!!"
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2009, 04:44:59 PM »
Who are they gonna hire now? Avery?

would be a nice sign.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2009, 04:55:41 PM »
^^^You mean Phoenix?

Naah...Phoenix is average at best. I glanced at the thread title real quick after smokin a bleez. I really don't think Porter was anywhere close to being the problem in Phoenix, though.

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2009, 04:58:37 PM »
^^^You mean Phoenix?

Naah...Phoenix is average at best. I glanced at the thread title real quick after smokin a bleez. I really don't think Porter was anywhere close to being the problem in Phoenix, though.

scapegoat.  they werent gonna win a title with D'Antoni either...Porter just stepped in at the wrong time.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2009, 05:04:53 PM »
^^^You mean Phoenix?

he definitely wasn't the problem. the team was falling apart when he was hired.you gotta give a new coach coming into a bad situation at least 2-3 years unless he is clearly doing a horrible job. I think the biggest problem is he came into a situation where guys were used to playing all offense and no defense and the players approached his slower, defensive style with a bad attitude. Even Nash wouldn't buy into it. This is like the Kings firing Theus. How do you expect him to be immediately successful with what he had to work with?

snoop

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2009, 05:14:52 PM »
Damn, you gotta give a coach more time than that! Bad move.  ::)

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2009, 05:40:38 PM »
Damn, you gotta give a coach more time than that! Bad move.  ::)
Yeah I know.  I felt that in the past Jerry Sloan shoulda been fired cause he wouldn't change the style of play the Spazz does but they didn't.  And get them a coach who could get them over the hump.  Instead they kept living & dying by Karl Malone.  I felt that if he had the ball less & spread it around then Utah woulda been champs in the 90's.  Yeah living & dying by Malone got them in the playoffs but it got them beat in the playoffs too.  I do blame role players around the league who coulda helped them win a title choosing not to be in Utah for at least 4 months.