Author Topic: "Answers from the Book of Knoc"-Knoc Talks Ghostwriting (Dr. Dre),"The Way I Am"  (Read 592 times)

Lunatic

http://raptalk.net/website/content/view/1325/56/

It's Monday morning so you know what that means! Knoc-Turn'Al is back on Raptalk.Net answering YOUR (the fans and readers) questions directly through myself (Lunatic) for your reading pleasure!

We start this week off with Knoc-Turn'Al talking an absolute classic, "Cash Sniffin' Noses" which featured Too $hort and Slip Capone; Knoc-Turn'Al has an interesting take on it so don't miss it!

2004 finally brought the debut album from Knoc, "The Way I Am." What is Knoc's favorite track off the album? Continue reading and find out!

"Symphony In X Major" (Xzibit), "Put It On Me" (DJ Quik) and "Keepin' it Strong" (Warren G) saw Knoc-Turn'Al use his ghost writing abilities for west coast legendary artists Dr. Dre and Warren G! Is Knoc still ghostwriting for Dre? Let's find out!

Earlier this year we found out that Knoc-Turn'Al had a younger brother by the name of Jaguar. We even saw the two hook up for a track titled "Get Back On It" which even featured on the Raptalk.Net street album, "Unity." What's going on with Jaguar? Will he feature on "The Book of Knoc?" Knoc let's us know the deal!

As many know, Knoc was a very busy man from 1999-2004. He even set a studio record with Dr. Dre working on "The Wash" soundtrack for a documented 72 hours straight! How did Knoc balance family life with all the time he was spending in the studio? Knoc tells us about that and even credits it to his hiatus.

Enjoy...

Raptalk.Net: Kurupt4Life says, “My favorite track of yours is "Cash Sniffin Noses" you did with Slip Capone & Too $hort; how would you rate that song?”

Knoc-Turn’Al: I’d rate that song the best song I ever did because Too $hort is one of the greats in my life and even though I was born first at LA Confidential, Slip Capone was right behind me. That made me feel like I was on top of the world right then. I had the past (Too $hort) which is still great and the future right behind me and he (Slip Capone) was doing his thing. I wasn’t even thinking about myself, I was thinking “this is why Dr. Dre does what he does.” It’s because he tries to incorporate the people he’s dealt with, with the people he’s going to deal with and try to make them all get along. It’s not an easy thing to do.

Raptalk.Net: That is a great track and we're all feeling that take on it. Matty asks, “What is your favorite track off “The Way I Am” album?”

Knoc-Turn’Al: My favorite track…Actually, it didn’t get much attention but I thought it would. It was a track called “Have Fun” and it was something that I tried that was different. I did that joint with Timbaland. I traveled out to South Beach to The Hit Factory because everybody says “all the hits come out of The Hit Factory” so I went out there, hopped on the plane, niggas is scared of heights and shit. So I did the whole plane thing and when I got there, all that happened was one thing – we came out with a hit but it never got released because Time Warner sold Elektra to Lyor (Cohen) I’m not ashamed to say it, Lyor let me go obligation free which was very respectful. I couldn’t ask for more, that is a great gentleman. The whole thing is that I’ll be back again so it’s alright.

Raptalk.Net: That would have likely been a hit record if Elektra pushed it right and a video was shot. Fatdodger says, “Are you still ghostwriting for Dr. Dre and Warren G? If not, you should be!”

Knoc-Turn’Al: Tell him to call Dr. Dre and tell him that. One thing for sure is me and Dr. Dre is more on a friendship like let’s go fishing type more than let’s go to the studio together. Sometimes you just have to live life. I said something in my rap – “family first, that’s it, if you can’t do it, you just like a preacher preaching bullshit.” What I mean by that is I can’t take the fact that I’m gonna’ lose my family because I’m never home. So what I’m going to do is balance that. After I balance it, I’ll be back again but I’m ready now. I wasn’t ready then or else I would have brought you some bullshit and you would have been mad at me.

Raptalk.Net: You took your time and now you're back with some more good music. David Gutterman asks, “What is up with your little brother Jaguar? Will he be on The Book of Knoc?”

Knoc-Turn’Al: Yes. We will be on “The Book of Knoc.” Jaguar definitely has a lot of things to come for himself. He is my younger brother so you know I am extra hard on him. Before I let him release anything to the public, ofcourse I’m going to let him find himself. After I told him a bunch of craziness, all I could do is give him what Dr. Dre and other people have given me. After that, if he picks up, he does; if he doesn’t, it’s not my fault. I have to treat him like anybody else. I can’t play favoritism.

Raptalk.Net: "Get Back On It" was a great first track from you two. We have a great question from Paul. “Between recording for "2001" and "The Way I Am" how did he balance family life out with being in the studio? As he was very active within the music scene at that time did it cause problems at home with being away a lot?”

Knoc-Turn’Al: Why do you think I haven’t been here going on five years? Remember when I said I had to pack up and back away. I haven’t been here four years going on five. The whole point being is it’s because I was not home ever. I can’t lose my family over rap even though I love rap. That’s just not manly. It’s not being a man, losing your family because you don’t want to go home. That’s that. I love my family. I love my wife. I love my children. One thing for sure is…If I‘m around your parts in Canada and my wife tells me she needs me, best believe I’m telling you to drive me to the airport. Because before she leaves, I want to talk to her about that.

Spread the word and make sure everyone checks back next Monday for the next part in the "Answers from the Book of Knoc" series as well as some new Knoc-Turn'Al music coming exclusively to Raptalk.Net in the near future...
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

DTG Entertainment

Great article, can't wait till the next volume.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Great series as always Luna. Knoc is really taking us on a trip down memory lane as Cube would say. Great info and history talked about each week with this.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
yeah great job once again; it's a good read 8)

penenstamp

Good read :) +1

David Gutterman

Really cool stuff, Great series Lunatic!

Lunatic

DTG: Thanks!
D-Nice: That's a great comment! Me & Knoc are takin' y'all down memory lane packaged with new info on his upcoming moves and career.
Dre-Day: Great!
RTRNR: I appreciate it!
DG: Ya' question was asked!

Keep it coming!

penenstamp

where's the first half of the unreleased songs Knoc did with Dre? ???

Lunatic

where's the first half of the unreleased songs Knoc did with Dre? ???
huh?

Blood$

dope read once again  8)

Paul

Props on asking my question
funkyfreshintheflesh

Lunatic

whats your take on the answer?

Paul

whats your take on the answer?

I think its good to see these gangsta rappers know where there priorities lie, especially with there family.

Lookin forward to The Book Of Knoc!
funkyfreshintheflesh

David Gutterman

DTG: Thanks!
D-Nice: That's a great comment! Me & Knoc are takin' y'all down memory lane packaged with new info on his upcoming moves and career.
Dre-Day: Great!
RTRNR: I appreciate it!
DG: Ya' question was asked!

Keep it coming!

DG: Hell Yheea, good answer.. what he said about Jaguar, He is my younger brother so you know I am extra hard on him.  8)

cool, that you asked my question

Lunatic

Paul: thats exactly my reaction!
DG: That was great!

KEEP IT COMING