Author Topic: to the ballers on here........ who can actually ball  (Read 627 times)

Job starring as King Of Zamunda

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • King Of Zamunda
Re: to the ballers on here........ who can actually ball
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 04:26:25 PM »
lmao @ yall thinking yall can match up to the pros. 
nigga just because your ass never got picked up on the court..dont try to speak for everybody else., non balling scrub. you watched from the sidelines while niggas used your ball to play 5 on 5
HOW TO ROB DUBCC PART 1--> http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=227551.0
"I killed a man who looked like me, whose mother and father looked like my mother and father...and nothing happened," Lawrence Fishburne in Deep Cover

"I would share the definition of balling
with you white folks but no...
the game is to be sold not told
so fuck you." - Pac

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • King Of Zamunda
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2009, 04:30:32 PM »
is there anybody in the league you can get at?

eye think eye can get at rondo, nate, and farmar and basically all the tall ass lanky centers who warm up the bench

Ive played on the same court as a few players who later made it to the league, and some players who were streetballers who really had more skills then a lot of NBA players.  I aint played in a minute, so right now I aint fuckin with none of them NBA guys. I played in pickup games against Luke Walton back in the day (before he went pro), Nick Anderson from the Magic, Jelani McCoy, Chris Dudley, and Sean Rooks. I aint 7' so obviously I never stuck Jelani McCoy, Chris Dudley, or Sean Rooks.....but I can tell u first hand, they sucked. Especially Dudley. They was just big as hell.  Luke Walton was OK, obviously more skills then the big men i seen....but nothing amazing. Nick Anderson was ok too, but dude could bust from the outside like it was nothing.  Some of the dudes I used to ball with were far better then any of them. Even Stu Lance's son Shane Lance I played against, he's a lefty and he got skills. I think he tried out for the Lakers back in the day....but it was bad timing regardless. This was back when they were stacked at the guard position and Shane would have to be a 1 or 2.

yeah thats what eye am saying. eye played against jason williams from duke before the accident.  he is nice . eye am surprised nick anderson wasnt busting ass.
"I killed a man who looked like me, whose mother and father looked like my mother and father...and nothing happened," Lawrence Fishburne in Deep Cover

so fuck you." - Pac

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2009, 04:41:17 PM »
nigga just because your ass never got picked up on the court..dont try to speak for everybody else., non balling scrub. you watched from the sidelines while niggas used your ball to play 5 on 5

LMAO!!!!!

if yall were as good as yall think you are, youd be in the NBA, not talking on a forum about how you could beat someone in the NBA.

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Kool Beenz

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2009, 08:05:11 PM »
so NIK why dont you just start running and get in shape and become an NBA star? if you can beat farmar i dont see why you cant hold it down in the NBA

[edit] Biography

[edit] Early life
Farmar was born in Los Angeles, California to former baseball player Damon Farmar and mother, Melinda Kolani. Kolani and her current husband, Yehuda Kolani, are Jewish.[1][2][3] He has stated that he inherited his competitive drive from his father and mentor, Damon Farmar, who played football and baseball at University High and baseball in the minor leagues. The younger Farmar spent countless hours in his father's clubhouses, hanging out with his father's teammates, and watching his father play.[1] Farmar attended Portola Middle School in Tarzana and Birmingham High School in Van Nuys, before transferring his sophomore year to Taft High School in Woodland Hills, a suburban community of the San Fernando Valley within Los Angeles. He then decided to play college basketball at UCLA and eventually went on to the NBA with the LA Lakers.

[edit] High school
At Taft High School, Farmar scored a record 54 points in a single game. As a senior, he averaged 27.5 points and 6.5 assists and led Taft to the school's first Los Angeles City title. He was named the Los Angeles Times Player of the Year and LA City Co-Player of the Year, and the California Interscholastic Federation Los Angeles City Section High School Player of the Year. He also earned USA Today Super 25 selection, Parade Magazine 2nd-team All-American, Slam Magazine Honorable Mention All-American, CalHi Sports All-State honors, and the Southern California Jewish Athlete of the Year. [1]. He was also a teammate with current New York Giants WR Steve Smith. Additionally, he was selected to play in the McDonald's High School All American game, where he scored 6 points and had 3 assists and 7 steals in 19 minutes of playing time.[4]

[edit] UCLA
Considered one of the elite point guards in the nation at UCLA, Farmar was named to the all Pac-10 team and the all Pac-10 Tournament team. In the 2006 NCAA Tournament, Farmar led the UCLA Bruins to the National Championship game against the Florida Gators, which they lost by a score of 73-57. Farmar led all scorers with 18 points, and also finished with 2 rebounds, 4 assists, and 2 steals. Farmar also made a notable steal and assist at the end of UCLA's Sweet Sixteen matchup with the Gonzaga Bulldogs, giving his team the lead for good after an impressive comeback effort. On April 20, 2006, he declared for the NBA Draft.

he averaged almost 30 points a game in high school...

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2009, 08:52:34 PM »
I played on the same court a few times against Bonzi Wells back in 97. We both went to Ball State. I'm 6'6" and actually had a couple inches on him, so I was the one that had to guard the dude. He just did not miss. It didn't matter where he shot from, he easily hit 80% of his shots. I was usually able to keep him from getting to the rim since I had about 40 pounds on him, but it just didn't matter. He didn't miss. I gotta think that is the case with most NBA ballers. Get them into a pick up situation and they gotta be money.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2009, 11:06:17 PM »
I am pretty sure that NIK has played with Farmar. I have been to parties with Odom when he was at URI and I have played a few pick up games with Ryan Gomes at the Providence YMCA. I got my ass handed to me but I aint no ball player. I am only 6 feet tall, white and built like a fullback. lol

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2009, 08:18:59 AM »
With conditioning, hell yea...I've beaten Farmar back in school...but as of now, I'd run out of breath after the first couple points, as would everyone else on this board. yes, a lot of players aren't really skilled, but they have way more stamina and are way more conditioned than you muthafuckaz, cuz excercise, practice, and basketball is what they breathe...PeACe

Farmar went to your high school or college?

and thats hard to believe how bad ass Farmar wrecks it....

you are talking about the one who plays for the lakers right?
and im not calling you a liar im just saying thats kinda hard to believe

he played on my high school team:

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=49319.0

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2009, 08:20:42 AM »
so NIK why dont you just start running and get in shape and become an NBA star? if you can beat farmar i dont see why you cant hold it down in the NBA

[edit] Biography

[edit] Early life
Farmar was born in Los Angeles, California to former baseball player Damon Farmar and mother, Melinda Kolani. Kolani and her current husband, Yehuda Kolani, are Jewish.[1][2][3] He has stated that he inherited his competitive drive from his father and mentor, Damon Farmar, who played football and baseball at University High and baseball in the minor leagues. The younger Farmar spent countless hours in his father's clubhouses, hanging out with his father's teammates, and watching his father play.[1] Farmar attended Portola Middle School in Tarzana and Birmingham High School in Van Nuys, before transferring his sophomore year to Taft High School in Woodland Hills, a suburban community of the San Fernando Valley within Los Angeles. He then decided to play college basketball at UCLA and eventually went on to the NBA with the LA Lakers.

[edit] High school
At Taft High School, Farmar scored a record 54 points in a single game. As a senior, he averaged 27.5 points and 6.5 assists and led Taft to the school's first Los Angeles City title. He was named the Los Angeles Times Player of the Year and LA City Co-Player of the Year, and the California Interscholastic Federation Los Angeles City Section High School Player of the Year. He also earned USA Today Super 25 selection, Parade Magazine 2nd-team All-American, Slam Magazine Honorable Mention All-American, CalHi Sports All-State honors, and the Southern California Jewish Athlete of the Year. [1]. He was also a teammate with current New York Giants WR Steve Smith. Additionally, he was selected to play in the McDonald's High School All American game, where he scored 6 points and had 3 assists and 7 steals in 19 minutes of playing time.[4]

[edit] UCLA
Considered one of the elite point guards in the nation at UCLA, Farmar was named to the all Pac-10 team and the all Pac-10 Tournament team. In the 2006 NCAA Tournament, Farmar led the UCLA Bruins to the National Championship game against the Florida Gators, which they lost by a score of 73-57. Farmar led all scorers with 18 points, and also finished with 2 rebounds, 4 assists, and 2 steals. Farmar also made a notable steal and assist at the end of UCLA's Sweet Sixteen matchup with the Gonzaga Bulldogs, giving his team the lead for good after an impressive comeback effort. On April 20, 2006, he declared for the NBA Draft.

he averaged almost 30 points a game in high school...

it's not as easy as you think...

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2009, 11:00:33 AM »

eye think eye can get at rondo, nate, and farmar and basically all the tall ass lanky centers who warm up the bench

Ive played on the same court as a few players who later made it to the league, and some players who were streetballers who really had more skills then a lot of NBA players.  I aint played in a minute, so right now I aint fuckin with none of them NBA guys. I played in pickup games against Luke Walton back in the day (before he went pro), Nick Anderson from the Magic, Jelani McCoy, Chris Dudley, and Sean Rooks. I aint 7' so obviously I never stuck Jelani McCoy, Chris Dudley, or Sean Rooks.....but I can tell u first hand, they sucked. Especially Dudley. They was just big as hell.  Luke Walton was OK, obviously more skills then the big men i seen....but nothing amazing. Nick Anderson was ok too, but dude could bust from the outside like it was nothing.  Some of the dudes I used to ball with were far better then any of them. Even Stu Lance's son Shane Lance I played against, he's a lefty and he got skills. I think he tried out for the Lakers back in the day....but it was bad timing regardless. This was back when they were stacked at the guard position and Shane would have to be a 1 or 2.

yeah thats what eye am saying. eye played against jason williams from duke before the accident.  he is nice . eye am surprised nick anderson wasnt busting ass.

Naw, dont get me wrong. Nick Anderson from outside the arc is money. Even playin pickup, that was pretty much his game.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2009, 11:07:02 AM »

lol at this dumbass nigga, you ever watched farmar in highschool? its too easy for him.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2009, 11:09:24 AM »

LMAO!!!!!

if yall were as good as yall think you are, youd be in the NBA, not talking on a forum about how you could beat someone in the NBA.

I dont think anybody on here is sayin they could be in the NBA man. But if you think the fact that some of us might have played against NBA or future NBA players before is crazy, then youre looking up to them FAR too much homie. I would never come out and be like, "i could play in the NBA". Sure, when I was a kid...like 15-16 you mighta heard me say that shit. But not now.  Real shit, you do have to be good (or big) to be in the NBA.  But believe me, there ARE ballers out there that are better then some NBA players, but dont play in the league.  Anybody whos spent any real time at a bonified court knows that shit.  Makin it to the NBA is as much about desire and hunger as it is about actual skills. There are players in the league that lack somewhat in the skill department, but have the drive and work ethic to make it. Then there players outside the NBA who have all the skills in the world, they just lack the drive and work ethic to make it.  Plus, like I said before...look who everybody on here has mentioned. You didnt hear somebody comin out like, "yeah...i took it to Iverson in a pick up game. He couldnt fuck with me" lol. Theres a big difference between the elite players in the league, and the roll/bench players.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

the ghost

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2009, 11:44:10 AM »

LMAO!!!!!

I dont think anybody on here is sayin they could be in the NBA man. But if you think the fact that some of us might have played against NBA or future NBA players before is crazy, then youre looking up to them FAR too much homie. I would never come out and be like, "i could play in the NBA". Sure, when I was a kid...like 15-16 you mighta heard me say that shit. But not now.  Real shit, you do have to be good (or big) to be in the NBA.  But believe me, there ARE ballers out there that are better then some NBA players, but dont play in the league.  Anybody whos spent any real time at a bonified court knows that shit.  Makin it to the NBA is as much about desire and hunger as it is about actual skills. There are players in the league that lack somewhat in the skill department, but have the drive and work ethic to make it. Then there players outside the NBA who have all the skills in the world, they just lack the drive and work ethic to make it.  Plus, like I said before...look who everybody on here has mentioned. You didnt hear somebody comin out like, "yeah...i took it to Iverson in a pick up game. He couldnt fuck with me" lol. Theres a big difference between the elite players in the league, and the roll/bench players.

Well said.

Everyones hometown has stories of dudes that were gonna be the next big thing and just could not make it due to injury, crime, or other circumstances.  There is an incredible amount of luck in making it to the NBA.  How many super ballers could not make grades in High School to play?  At my school the two best players never played for the school because they could not make grades.  They then never get coached so their natural talent starts to get surpassed by others with natural talent and training.  I'll wager that a lot of the And 1 crew could school NBA players heads up.  But they can barely make 15 day contracts in the NBA.

So any given day I think an well above average Baller has a shot to 1v1 a few players that are in the NBA right now.     

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • King Of Zamunda
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2009, 05:33:05 PM »

lol at this dumbass nigga, you ever watched farmar in highschool? its too easy for him.
nigga go drink some campbells soup

so fuck you." - Pac

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2009, 09:33:28 PM »
know_i_know.. were you on the same bball squad as Farmar?? thats crazy..

on some real talk, u guys know u couldnt hang at the pro level come on now lol

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2009, 12:40:16 PM »
With conditioning, hell yea...I've beaten Farmar back in school...but as of now, I'd run out of breath after the first couple points, as would everyone else on this board. yes, a lot of players aren't really skilled, but they have way more stamina and are way more conditioned than you muthafuckaz, cuz excercise, practice, and basketball is what they breathe...PeACe

Farmar went to your high school or college?

and thats hard to believe how bad ass Farmar wrecks it....

you are talking about the one who plays for the lakers right?
and im not calling you a liar im just saying thats kinda hard to believe

he played on my high school team:

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=49319.0

lol u went to taft??? i remember when i watched his game he was the only white guy in the team. i think he was the only white guy in a team at taht sschool lol

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.