Author Topic: I just bought an Xbox 360  (Read 597 times)

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I just bought an Xbox 360
« on: February 26, 2009, 12:36:26 AM »
Against my best judgement, I decided to spend some of my refund to get another gaming system after not having one since 2003, except now I feel so out of the loop, there is no drive for me to buy games. Everyone else has already beat the games and earned tons of points online, I just think it would be ridiculous for me to start playing those older games now. So, what are some just released or upcoming games I should keep my eye out for? Preferrably first person shooters.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: I just bought an Xbox 360
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 10:53:15 AM »
Call of Duty 5 & Gears of War. 8)

if you like sports games, i would recommend to buy Madden this summer when it comes out & NBA 2k9 usually comes out October.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 12:52:45 PM »
Yeah I bought World at War when I got the system because the included games Lego Indiana Jones and Kung Fu Panda weren't doing it for me. The online play is great, but on the main game, for some reason I can't get past the first level. It's way different than the other Call of Dutys. Cool graphics though.

Is Gears of War new? I thought that has been out for a while.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 02:16:37 PM »
^i am pretty sure it came out around the same time as COD5, but that game is sick; it may look bad at the start, but the game is addicting.

not to mention the main single player game is unbelievable & better than COD5.

lol, for the first level, i dont know what difficulty your on, but just stay kind of back & let some of your squad kill some of your enemies & throw a lot of grenades.

but i dont know what to tell you because it gets MUCH harder than that. :P

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 02:26:45 PM »
It's on easy. lol

I can't seem to throw back grenades for some reason. And now I'm stuck at the part where you need to puncture the gasoline barrels in the back of the truck and send it towards the encampment. After the truck blows up, the sergeant keeps yelling "get back over here" even though I'm right next to him killing fools. I suppose I'll figure it out one day. I bought it more for the online and split screen modes.

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 03:02:11 PM »
afro samurai is a pure delice, try the demo on the live you'll love it
dead space is a bad ass scary game with nice graphics i suggest you try it if you're into horror survival games
left 4 dead is one of the best online experience i ever had
gears of war 2 is spectacular and the solo and coop experience is real fun
battlefield bad compagny and call of duty 4 are more classic in their live approach but still excellent
i dont like call of duty 5

some games are good but not enough to buy because of their longevity, i suggest you rent mirror's edge, far cry 2 and grid ridge racer

some upcoming games will probably be worth the tryout like resident evil 5, i played the demo and thought it was looking great it should be fun

You should also get gta IV, maybe it's a bit old but the extension i which you play a biker is worth the price of the 2 games.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 03:12:58 PM »
afro samurai is a pure delice, try the demo on the live you'll love it
dead space is a bad ass scary game with nice graphics i suggest you try it if you're into horror survival games
gears of war 2 is spectacular and the solo and coop experience is real fun
battlefield bad compagny and call of duty 4 are more classic in their live approach but still excellent
i dont like call of duty 5

some games are good but not enough to buy because of their longevity, i suggest you rent mirror's edge, far cry 2 and grid ridge racer

some upcoming games will probably be worth the tryout like resident evil 5, i played the demo and thought it was looking great it should be fun

You should also get gta IV, maybe it's a bit old but the extension i which you play a biker is worth the price of the 2 games.

I appreciate the input. My friend has Resident Evil 4 for the Wii and that was good, so I'll have to give #5 a look, as well as all of those other games you listed.

I never thought I'd say this though, but fuck GTA 4. I played it a little bit at a friend's house and it's great, but I can't get into a game that has already been used and abused by millions of people. It's like being the last guy in a gangbang. There just isn't any enjoyment. lol
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 03:14:50 PM by Low Key »

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 03:40:54 PM »
i dont understand how you can say that, i don't see the point. BUt the extension of the game just came out 1 week ago so it's not like it's used, and you can borrow your friend the game and just pay the 15$ for the extension which is way better than the original game, a lot more violent 2

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 03:52:30 PM »
I guess it's just my personality. I don't like to be the last one to be up on things so I just ignore it. I'd have to beat the game before I downloaded the expansion, and that would take a while, so it would be old news by the time I got around to it. The prospect of buying it when the price drops to $10-$20 is always there though. I enjoy saving money everyone else didn't.

Matty

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 04:30:41 PM »
if you just got a box the first gears of war can be had for next to nothing - well worth it. if you've been out the loop for gaming i'm not gonna recommend no 60 hour + epics cause i find those kind of games hard to get into myself these days. ridge racer 6 is the shit - well old so again can be had for next to nothing and a great racing game. halo is good for online multiplayer but the campaign sucks balls.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 04:45:57 PM »
I haven't been totally out of the loop, per se, since I'm going to college for IT stuff and eventually want to make video games of my own. I used to have a PS2 back in the day about 5-6 years ago until I borrowed it to someone and they ended up dropping a TV on it. I know a little bit about the next gen consoles like specs and whatnot, I'm just not up on the games. If Gears of War 1 is $10 or under, I'll definately check it out.

Muhfukka

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2009, 05:17:15 PM »
get gears of war 2 its worth it

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2009, 05:24:01 PM »

???

i got that shit for christmas, beat the four 1 hour long maps & then on like December 28th, i was bored as fuck with that shit lmao.

they need to put a survival mode & that would be TIGHT! 8)

but i am holding on to it because word on the street is they are making new maps & there on the way. 8)

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2009, 07:58:21 PM »
i really dig the concept, i play it with my friends , you don't need to be so great at the start, it will up the challenge of the whole team. One of my friend didn't like it, because of the graphics and the lack of realism.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2009, 08:04:45 PM »
Where'd you get your 360. I know I'm in Burnsville, and the Circuit City here still has quite a few at about 175 for the middle system. I'm still thinking about getting one. I got the Wii 'cause my wife and I have fun with it, but I've got that itch for a real gaming system. I especially want NBA 2K9, it looks ill as hell, and Street Fighter 4.