Author Topic: I just bought an Xbox 360  (Read 596 times)

OchoCinco

Re: I just bought an Xbox 360
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2009, 08:05:53 PM »
buy fight night round 3, that is a sick game and u can prob pick it up for cheap.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2009, 09:43:30 PM »
Where'd you get your 360. I know I'm in Burnsville, and the Circuit City here still has quite a few at about 175 for the middle system. I'm still thinking about getting one. I got the Wii 'cause my wife and I have fun with it, but I've got that itch for a real gaming system. I especially want NBA 2K9, it looks ill as hell, and Street Fighter 4.

I live in Eden Prairie so I just picked one up from the Best Buy right by the EP mall. I didn't even think there were any Circut City's still open around here otherwise I definately would have got it there for $175 instead of the $300+tax. The Wii is good fun though. My friend got one, but the only game he has that is any fun (to me anyways) is Mario Kart. I had to get a regular system because there are hardly any shooters for the Wii. I was debating whether or not to get the PS3 because Killzone 2 is supposed to come out next week and the first one kicked ass, but I decided against it.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2009, 09:47:22 PM »
buy fight night round 3, that is a sick game and u can prob pick it up for cheap.

I used to have Knockout Kings for PS2. Is it anything like that?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2009, 10:57:29 PM »

I used to have Knockout Kings for PS2. Is it anything like that?

BETTER... better controls, better fighters and it looks real as fuck. My boy down the hall gots a 360. So somedays he comes here and his girl plays Wii, somedays I go over there and play 360.

Muhfukka

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2009, 10:59:45 AM »
yes fight night is a lot of fun 2 players but single player gets boring quick. you could find it used for under 10 bucks probably though

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2009, 02:23:16 PM »
isnt a new Fight Night due? ???

i really dig the concept, i play it with my friends , you don't need to be so great at the start, it will up the challenge of the whole team. One of my friend didn't like it, because of the graphics and the lack of realism.

i liked it, it was sick at first; but just got old REAL quick. :-X

lmao, what did your freind expect? a realistic zombie game? :P

but i agree with him on the graphics aspect, they were pretty shitty & looked almost rushed, they could do a better job with those if there is a sequel.

Matty

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2009, 07:57:11 PM »
left 4 dead xbox version aint really shit compared to the pc one. you gotta use a controller where instant reactions and accuracy is key, so that's already a fail. plus, the graphics on the console version really suck compared to it maxed out on the pc.

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2009, 10:31:38 PM »
not evreryone likes to invest 500$ in the last graphic card every 6 months and in a cpu every year. fuck a pc really, i got tired of the programmers no optimmizing there product to make money to the hardware suppliers. I dont care anymore about the games that comes out on pc, crysis is the best exemple of what im saying. the game been out for a year and nobody can run it in high def still.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2009, 11:28:33 PM »
afro samurai is a pure delice, try the demo on the live you'll love it

I'm definately buying that game. The demo was great.

not evreryone likes to invest 500$ in the last graphic card every 6 months and in a cpu every year. fuck a pc really, i got tired of the programmers no optimmizing there product to make money to the hardware suppliers. I dont care anymore about the games that comes out on pc, crysis is the best exemple of what im saying. the game been out for a year and nobody can run it in high def still.

I just bought a baller ass computer in December and Portal is choppy as hell on it if the graphics are set on anything other than low. Albeit I'm running Vista, but the OS doesn't affect a game that much. Playing online games smoothly requires a computer worth two house payments.

Matty

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2009, 04:02:25 AM »
graphics cards don't go out of date that fast. there's a lot on the market right now that will provide plenty of futureproofing. i got an ati 4850 which is great price/performance ratio card. can play any game fully maxed out (including crysis) with high framerate. my pc itself is over 2 years old.

Low Key what graphics card did your PC come with? if it was a top of the range machine 6 months ago i don't see any problems running any game out today fully unless it came with an underpowered graphics card. cpu should be 2.6ghz dual core or higher ideally and for vista - 4gb ram as a minimum.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 04:07:50 AM by Matty »

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2009, 02:46:38 PM »
It's an NVIDIA GeForce 7100/nForce 630i. Apparently, my performance tester on Vista says it sucks, so I guess I'll have to get a new one. It's not the RAM. Vista only requires 1gig of RAM, even with Ultimate, and I have 3gigs. VirtualBox runs Windows 7 smoothly while I search the internet and run my gadgets on Vista at the same time.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 02:48:23 PM by Low Key »

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2009, 06:52:24 PM »
you can get 3 xbox or a ps3 for the price of one graphic card

Matty

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2009, 01:20:37 AM »
yeah its the graphics card why your gaming performance is so poor, thats all. like the vista ratings say. a geforce 9800gt (if on a budget) or ati 4850 (more futureproof) are both very reasonably priced cards that would give plenty of gaming power 8)

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2009, 05:12:36 PM »
I checked newegg.com for prices, and both of those are so far out of my range. $200+ to play a $20 game isn't worth it to me. Even the 512MB cards with the GDDR5 memory type is upwards of $150. I'll just stick with flash games and Diablo. Does anyone still play on battle.net? lol

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2009, 06:10:47 PM »
my xbox just died today  :'(. Error 74 with one red led

the store where i bought it gave me a new one , a jasper model  :D