Author Topic: Snoop Doggy Dogg - Tha Doggfather 97' (Re-M.A.D.E)  (Read 628 times)

Mietek23

Re: Snoop Doggy Dogg - Tha Doggfather 97' (Re-M.A.D.E)
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2009, 06:57:34 AM »
I don't understand why people ain't feeling Doggfather.. That's a CLASSIC album. It ain't no Doggystyle but it got it's own dope sound..

MarshColin

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2009, 07:26:26 AM »
How in the fuck did Eastside Party with Nate Dogg not end up on it? I'm surprised nobody else mentioned it.

Trojan God

• 'G'
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2009, 09:53:05 AM »
Anyone got the funked up OG version of Head Doctor (ie. not the souless retail version with Big C Style/Lil C Style/Extramedium C Style)?

Extra Medium?  Fuck it us husky niggaz need love too haha.. That shits great

LodiDodi

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: i will survive is on there, no ujtb bcuz it didn't sound right with it
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2009, 12:20:21 PM »
what? no up jump tha boogie?? no change gone come?? no i will survive??
 We all differant i guess. looks like a good mix still though, i wont bother downloadin cos i got all the songs already but not a bad idea.

I just took out the softer tracks on both albums.  Tha doggfather was a lil' too positive for Snoop when it came out (trial) so alot of his music sounded kinda weak on here.  But if u just put on the album from start to finish you can image more of a "doggfather godfather" image with Snoop when you're listening to my version.  The way the album meshes together just gives it that theme and that vibe (especially when the interludes/skits come in).  My only problem is I couldn't find a way to properly take out that little synth sample in the beginning of "sixx minutes".  i wanted to take it out or add the rest of it from the end of the "2001" track.  oh well, only 15 downloads so far and 220 views I ain't trippin'.  But anyways, me personally I think if Snoop woulda waited just a lil' longer to release "tha doggfather" with these tracks on them I don't think anybody woulda been callin' it a weak album from the jump.  Just listen to the way the songs flow and connect with each other (like doggystyle) with all of the interludes and skits coming into play, it's actually kinda like a concept album.  I even made some covers that would justify it (even on my cheap windows paintbrush software lol)

"2001" is pretty much just a sped-up remix of the beat from Dogg Pound's "Smooth", so never cared for it cause it sounded inferior to Smooth.  Good tracklisting though, but I agree it is missing OJ Wake Up, Change Gon Come, Hit Roccs.  And no one's mentioned Keep It Real aka Party People with Mack 10 and LBC Crew

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: i will survive is on there, no ujtb bcuz it didn't sound right with it
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2009, 08:17:56 PM »
what? no up jump tha boogie?? no change gone come?? no i will survive??
 We all differant i guess. looks like a good mix still though, i wont bother downloadin cos i got all the songs already but not a bad idea.

I just took out the softer tracks on both albums.  Tha doggfather was a lil' too positive for Snoop when it came out (trial) so alot of his music sounded kinda weak on here.  But if u just put on the album from start to finish you can image more of a "doggfather godfather" image with Snoop when you're listening to my version.  The way the album meshes together just gives it that theme and that vibe (especially when the interludes/skits come in).  My only problem is I couldn't find a way to properly take out that little synth sample in the beginning of "sixx minutes".  i wanted to take it out or add the rest of it from the end of the "2001" track.  oh well, only 15 downloads so far and 220 views I ain't trippin'.  But anyways, me personally I think if Snoop woulda waited just a lil' longer to release "tha doggfather" with these tracks on them I don't think anybody woulda been callin' it a weak album from the jump.  Just listen to the way the songs flow and connect with each other (like doggystyle) with all of the interludes and skits coming into play, it's actually kinda like a concept album.  I even made some covers that would justify it (even on my cheap windows paintbrush software lol)

"2001" is pretty much just a sped-up remix of the beat from Dogg Pound's "Smooth", so never cared for it cause it sounded inferior to Smooth.  Good tracklisting though, but I agree it is missing OJ Wake Up, Change Gon Come, Hit Roccs.  And no one's mentioned Keep It Real aka Party People with Mack 10 and LBC Crew

Alot of the songs people mentioned didn't flow with the album's vibe and playlist