Author Topic: "Answers From the Book of Knoc" - "Ya Boy Is Back", The Game, Damizza, More!  (Read 525 times)

Lunatic

http://raptalk.net/website/content/view/1370/56/

To start this weeks entry off correctly, Knoc-Turn'Al discusses his first officially dropped track on years and we at Raptalk.Net had the exclusive - that's right, we're talking about the Scott Storch produced "Ya Boy Is Back", read on and see what Knoc-Turn'Al has to say about and the leak of it!

As a veteran protege of Dr. Dre, The Game and Bishop Lamont are two Dre protege's that came into the picture as Knoc-Turn'Al took a hiatua from the rap game. Have you wondered what Knoc-Turn'Al thinks about these two names? Read on and find out!

"Lights Out" was a hook that Knoc-Turn'Al did that helped form the comeback for the at-the-time reunited legendary west coast group, Westside Connection. With a video shot for the track, the song was definitely a stand out off their "Terrorist Threats" album. Knoc-Turn'Al talks about the track and what it felt like to record with such west coast legends!

Snoop Dogg, Kurupt and the rest of Tha Dogg Pound camp are some west coast legends that pump out music at an un-natural rate! Read up on what the current relationship is between Snoop, DPG and Knoc-Turn'Al!

Damizza and Knoc-Turn'Al was once a union and production combination that could not be fucked with! Now rumor has it that the two hadn't spoke in a few years, but Knoc-Turn'Al has a shocking announcement to make regarding his relationship with Damizza that will have fans of both artists rejoice!

Enjoy...

Raptalk.Net: Meho says, “I’ve been listening to that Ya Boy Is Back track like crazy lately. What is the deal with the song is he planning on releasing as an official single and if so, when can we expect to hear it?

Knoc-Turn’Al: That was a treat to let everybody know that I’m coming back; that’s what “Ya Boy Is Back” represented. I wanted to give it to you (Lunatic) exclusively through Raptalk because this is how it’s supposed to go. This is Rap; this is Hip-Hop. This is what this nation is about. People are turning techno music and European tracks into Rap; that’s not what Hip-Hop is about. I’m a Hip-Hop artist first. I can not transform and cross over into being a pop artist; I just can’t do it. “Ya Boy Is Back” was just a treat for everybody who gave a fuck about it. There are more songs to come and I’m going to keep releasing songs until my album comes out so that people understand that I’m officially back.

Raptalk.Net: Tha Crip has a question. “What do you think of newer westcoast cats like Bishop Lamont or The Game and do you plan on working with them, since they both came after you left the game.”

Knoc-Turn’Al: If they want to do something…anything that has to do with the west coast, I’m always supportive. If they want to do something, that’s fine with me. The whole point being is that I have a vocal point as well; I’m pretty sure they’re busy as well; hopefully they’re busy as well. All I need them to do is let me know when and where to be there and I’ll be there. At the same time, I can not focus my whole career around doing stuff for people that already have it. I’m building a whole team of people called the MathMadix. This team that I have was put together very well. All I need for my team to do is for them to do their job and will be alright. If I need to work with Bishop Lamont, The Game, Guerilla Black or anybody, it’s not even an issue or a problem. I don’t have an issue with any of them. I have no reason to have an issue with them.

Raptalk.Net: This question comes from D-Nice. “Do you have any studio memories from recording “Lights Out” with Westside Connection?

Knoc-Turn’Al: Oh ya, the memories are everything was good. One thing for sure is, anytime I can do something to further my career, I’d love to do it because when you start dealing with legends and people who have been here years and decades… and I’m not trying to be funny or call anyone old or anything, these guys have been doing this stuff since I was a kid. To do music with them actually when I’m grown is phenomenal to me; it just gives you a good feeling inside.

Raptalk.Net: “Are you still down with Snoop Dogg, Kurupt and the rest of the DPG camp?” This question comes from Livio & Hazzard.

Knoc-Turn’Al: I’ll always be down with them; with Snoop Dogg and all those people. I’m from the west coast and I haven’t done anything against them and they haven’t done anything against me. All we can do is just do music.

Raptalk.Net: Fatdodger wants to know, “Have you had any recent contact with Damizza?”

Knoc-Turn’Al: Right now I and Damizza just talked. We talked for about an hour and a half on the phone. We patched everything up. We realized that everything was just a misunderstanding. He realizes that he had some wools and sheep part of his camp and that’s why I and he ended up falling out. We both got over it, everything is ok. Whatever Damizza wants to do is not even a problem, we can do it. California law is different than any other hood shit. Instead of being stupid, you just leave each other alone. Now that we’re not leaving each other alone and we got over it, it took us a couple years but will sit down and do business again. It takes time to grow and it takes time to forgive. You can’t just expect someone to forgive and just get over it. You get over it when you feel like getting over it and that’s me and Damizza have done. That’s just apart of life.

Special thanks to ChronicVacation.Com, SoPrupRadio.Com and Illuminati2G.Net for being apart of this feature.

As always, stay tuned to next Monday for the next edition from the "answers from the book of Knox" series and always keep up to Raptalk.Net for the latest on Knoc-Turn'Al, including more musical exclusives coming in the near future...
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

penenstamp

The questions are getting kinda dull. Props anyway.

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
Damn i ask good questions thanks lunatic so mizz and knoc are gonna be working together great

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

Lunatic

RTRNR: Why do u say that?
FD: Ha! it's great news

keep em coming!

penenstamp

The questions aren't as good anymore as they were in the beginning.

Lunatic

i respect that. the latest segment i recorded w/ knoc is the best yet; his answers are better.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!

well...everybody has to be fit in. it's that or the "why didn't you ask my question?" posts... :)
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Paul

I think the questions are still pretty good, i would like to hear more indepth answers to some of them like about workin with Cube and his relationship with the DPG guys, didnt really say much about it
funkyfreshintheflesh

Lunatic

Styles: LOL! i've got that plenty of times already ("why didnt u ask my questions" lol)
Paul: I promise you at the very least, the in-depth of the answers in the next 2 weeks are better than ever before!

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Props Lunatic. I definetly liked what he said about Hip-Hop and Techno/European influence.

penenstamp

well...everybody has to be fit in. it's that or the "why didn't you ask my question?" posts... :)

haha, true. It's just that Luna could have chosen to not ask some questions :P

Oh and Styles, I have a nice little thingy this week :)

penenstamp

Lunatic, I have another question ;D

Why does it say "Comming Soon"? lol

Paul

Paul: I promise you at the very least, the in-depth of the answers in the next 2 weeks are better than ever before!

Lookin forward to it  8)
funkyfreshintheflesh

Lunatic

Meho: Agreed, that was my favorite part of this weeks edition!
RTRNR: I vowed at the beginning of this series to ask all of the questions submitted and that's what i'm doing (unless knoc doesn't want to talk about certain issues)
RTRNR: LOL!

Blood$

I thought the questions this week were pretty good... props again Lunatic