Author Topic: Not promoting, but a topic would hit here anyhow so....Crooked I, FTP  (Read 3267 times)

EFFeX

Re: Not promoting, but a topic would hit here anyhow so....Crooked I, FTP
« Reply #120 on: March 11, 2009, 10:27:40 AM »
Does anyone have the radio rip of the Hot 97 version that they can up?  I think I had this a long-ass time ago, but I'm sure I deleted it because back then I think I though it was going to be the same as the cdq version that eventually leaked, which ended up being the Daren Vegas version.

Quality is shit homie... But here you go:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/568768288e7ab424/

Thanks, Effex.  I kinda figured on it being shit quality.  Lol.  That's alright.  It's just been so long since I heard this version, I didn't even remember what sounded so different about it.

***Just listened....Really didn't think the quality was that bad.  I figured being a radio rip, they would've tagged the shit out of it.  All in all, not bad.  Thanks again.

It has that "whine" noise in it... and apparently it's more bassy.

Anyway, yeah, it's a good copy, it has the radio shout outs cut out of the beginning and it's unedited until the second half when the radio station realized what they were playing, LOL!

Yeah, I noticed they let a few of the curses through in the beginning.  Too bad they were a little more on-the-ball in the second half. lol

I guess in some ways you could assume that a CD single was not produced for that record then. I mean if so, they would have played the radio cut. I mean, DJs make mistakes all the time and play the explicit version, but maybe there was only an explicit version.

You're probably right, if for no other reason, than it probably would have leaked by now.  Usually someone out there will rip promos onto their computer and then post them eventually.  My guess is they didn't bother making a single for it until Darren Vegas remixed it.

Which is another reason it didn't get spins. How you going to promote a record on the radio and then not leave them with the single to play?

JohnnyL

Re: Not promoting, but a topic would hit here anyhow so....Crooked I, FTP
« Reply #121 on: March 11, 2009, 11:18:32 AM »
Does anyone have the radio rip of the Hot 97 version that they can up?  I think I had this a long-ass time ago, but I'm sure I deleted it because back then I think I though it was going to be the same as the cdq version that eventually leaked, which ended up being the Daren Vegas version.

Quality is shit homie... But here you go:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/568768288e7ab424/

Thanks, Effex.  I kinda figured on it being shit quality.  Lol.  That's alright.  It's just been so long since I heard this version, I didn't even remember what sounded so different about it.

***Just listened....Really didn't think the quality was that bad.  I figured being a radio rip, they would've tagged the shit out of it.  All in all, not bad.  Thanks again.

It has that "whine" noise in it... and apparently it's more bassy.

Anyway, yeah, it's a good copy, it has the radio shout outs cut out of the beginning and it's unedited until the second half when the radio station realized what they were playing, LOL!

Yeah, I noticed they let a few of the curses through in the beginning.  Too bad they were a little more on-the-ball in the second half. lol

I guess in some ways you could assume that a CD single was not produced for that record then. I mean if so, they would have played the radio cut. I mean, DJs make mistakes all the time and play the explicit version, but maybe there was only an explicit version.

You're probably right, if for no other reason, than it probably would have leaked by now.  Usually someone out there will rip promos onto their computer and then post them eventually.  My guess is they didn't bother making a single for it until Darren Vegas remixed it.

Which is another reason it didn't get spins. How you going to promote a record on the radio and then not leave them with the single to play?

Chalk it up, I guess, to another one of the many ways they mishandled their business.