Author Topic: DUBCNN: Exclusive Interview With Warren G  (Read 1482 times)

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
DUBCNN: Exclusive Interview With Warren G
« on: March 03, 2009, 07:02:24 PM »
www.dubcnn.com
www.dubcnn.com/interviews/warreng09

The Regulator is on his way! Warren G is about to bless the rap game with new beats and rhymes in the next few weeks. You can expect "The G-Files Mixtape" which will serve as an appetizer, followed by the new studio album "The G-Files".

To give our visitors a little preview of what you can expect from The G-Child, Dubcnn linked up with him for an exclusive interview. The new album was originally scheduled to drop in October but has been suffering from delays. "We had just started with the first single and it was too close to the release date so we had to give it time to build." Warren said about the push backs.

We dig a little bit deeper into "The G-Files" and talk about various things surrounding the new project. Warren also gives us an update on Nate Dogg's condition and how he's doing. He then speaks his mind on G-Funk fans and their unconditional love for the golden era.

Exclusive Interview With Warren G

As ever, you can read and listen to this exclusive interview and we urge you to leave feedback on our forums or email them to liljay@dubcnn.com.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 02:00:17 AM by Lil Jay »
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Lunatic

Re: DUBCNN: Exclusive Interview With Warren G
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 07:23:50 PM »
good read!
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

~Lucien~

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 07:32:21 PM »
Will the mixtape be a download on dubcnn? I really hope that we will see another 213 record. The first 213 record is amazing. When that album came out everybody was unhappy over here. Maybe because Warren didn't produce any tracks. Just the remixes. I remember there was a petition out on the internet haha. I really liked that album! Thanks for the interview...

marky707

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 07:34:36 PM »
warren g a real dude. you never hear him doing some crazy shit to stay in the spotlight. this dude has attained a level of success that he's happy with and now he's chilling making music. and unlike these other rappers who get a bunch of hype and disappoint with their album, warren g just drops new stuff and lets it speak for itself.

stillinrehab

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 10:44:58 PM »
Awesome news that if Nate comes right then another 213 is on the cards 8) Havent really been diggin his new stuff too much but hopefully he will bring it on a majority of the mix and album!

Cheers for the interview!

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 12:33:42 AM »
Warren G: I haven't got into it man, you get sidetracked you know. I started doing films and TV shows and stuff like that. But it's still coming buddy. I ain't going nowhere, I'ma drop a Greatest Hits and I got "The G-Files" that I'm working on right now which is off the chain. I got a single out right now with Ray J called "Crush", which is blowing up all over the airwaves. You know people are loving that. And I got the followup single that's coming up right behind and that's when I'ma really knock them upside their head.

I really wish rappers would stop hyping their shit up like this, I don't even think it has charted... Other than that, great interview.

to be fair with this, the interview was conducted a while ago and crush was probably more relevant on the airwaves back then...
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 12:34:55 AM »
dope shit. gonna read it now, and drop my feedback

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 01:00:49 AM »
cool, hopefully the new single will be better than the trash "singles" he's put out so far.

RhyanG

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 02:50:56 AM »
in tha midnite hour was to commercial, it was wack and gay-j is overhyped..and over used on singles

Okka

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 03:32:05 AM »
Good, i'll check this out in a minute.

kuruptDPG

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2009, 08:09:45 AM »
dope interview, damn i hope we get to hear those unreleased traks and his g-files album soon

Mista Rosa

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 09:26:53 AM »
Dope! it still feals good to hear from those westcoast legends like Warren.. got all his records and i neva be disapointed.. it's so good to have news about nate dogg to me the greatest in this game g-funk classics is awsome i listen it every mothefuckin' day! really hope he'll be back soon anotha 213 record would be great..
When Nate would be better hope dubcnn could reach him cause i've never seen an interview of him on tha dubcnn website..
Chuuuch
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

Okka

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2009, 09:31:47 AM »
I hope Nate Dogg will recover soon. Another 213 album would be dope. (I guess Snoop ain't got the time to do it?).

Shango

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2009, 10:18:37 AM »
Nice read, but Warren didn't say shit in the whole interview. I mean, I read the whole thing and don't know shit I didn't know before. No news, no plans, no announcements.

When is the album dropping? When is the mixtape dropping? Why a mixtape, all of a sudden, what's the point? We were all waiting for the album already.

I mean, I got nothing but love for dubcnn, Lil Jay and Warren, but come on...