Author Topic: LeBron is not the MVP...  (Read 2400 times)

Rick McCrank

LeBron is not the MVP...
« on: March 07, 2009, 02:33:47 PM »
now this isn't a thread to bash LeBron, I'm just giving my opinion

I like him and I would love for him to kill the Celtics, so don't call me a hater or anything

through a majority of the season I thought he was a clear choice

2nd in the league in scoring, Cavs with their best season in franchise history

but I can't help but notice he has played like shit and or hasn't come through in the "big" games so far

0-2 against the Lakers, 1-2 so far against the Celtics.... 5-20 shooting in the last Laker game, 5-15 last night

I think Dwayne Wade or Kobe Bryant would be better candidates at this point in time

the only knock on Kobe would be that he has Pau Gasol, but let's be honest, Kobe IS the Lakers

without him they still have good players, but in reality they'd be nothing close to what they are now

he's won so many games for them that it's hard to ignore...

Wade seems to be a serious candidate too, leading scorer, dishes out lots of assists, takes over games, wins games

he has single handedly pushed his team into the playoff picture and without him they'd be insanely fucked

I think the leading scorer doesn't really mean MVP, but if you're the leader AND you turned your team around, you deserve it

there's my take on the MVP race......

wcsoldier

Re: LeBron is not the MVP...
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 02:43:46 PM »
Wade is having the best individual season , incredible all around stats ..

It's true Lebron choked in 4 of the 5 games against C's and Lakers .. still have a great season

Kobe has been great from Mid-December to Mid-February , besides this he's doing his usual thing ...

Lebron will end up with the award without a doubt.

My Top 3 :

1) Wade
2) LBJ
3°) Kobe

OchoCinco

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 02:46:37 PM »

It's true Lebron choked in 4 of the 5 games against C's and Lakers .. still have a great season

Kobe has been great from Mid-December to Mid-February , besides this he's doing his usual thing ...

My Top 3 :

1) Wade
2) LBJ
3°) Kobe

ya thats exactly wat im thinking, i was gunna post a thread questioning why Wade doesnt get more talk for mvp. Big numbers all around and no wehre near the team that Kobe or Lebron have, granted kobe and lebron have two best team records but i dont think anyone thought Heat would bounce back after that horrible year last year so quickly.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 02:46:48 PM »

My Top 3 :

1) Wade
2) LBJ
3°) Kobe

Yeah, Wade has been great...but despite his great season, theres no chance of him getting MVP.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 02:57:54 PM »

My Top 3 :

1) Wade
2) LBJ
3°) Kobe

ya thats exactly wat im thinking, i was gunna post a thread questioning why Wade doesnt get more talk for mvp. Big numbers all around and no wehre near the team that Kobe or Lebron have, granted kobe and lebron have two best team records but i dont think anyone thought Heat would bounce back after that horrible year last year so quickly.

because his team sucks. take him off the team and they still suck. The Cavs with LeBron is a damn good team, take him off and they are terrible. You cant be the MVP on a shitty team.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 03:09:49 PM »
I think Dwayne Wade or Kobe Bryant would be better candidates at this point in time

money

OchoCinco

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 03:38:54 PM »

My Top 3 :

1) Wade
2) LBJ
3°) Kobe

because his team sucks. take him off the team and they still suck. The Cavs with LeBron is a damn good team, take him off and they are terrible. You cant be the MVP on a shitty team.

ur wrong, and heat dont suck that bad and think even without lebron on the cavs they would be a decent team.

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2009, 03:52:57 PM »

My Top 3 :

1) Wade
2) LBJ
3°) Kobe

ur wrong, and heat dont suck that bad and think even without lebron on the cavs they would be a decent team.

If the Heat were in the far more competitive West with theyre record, theyd be 10th.  You have to assume theyd have an even worse record too if they had to play against more West teams then East.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

OchoCinco

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2009, 03:58:22 PM »

My Top 3 :

1) Wade
2) LBJ
3°) Kobe

If the Heat were in the far more competitive West with theyre record, theyd be 10th.  You have to assume theyd have an even worse record too if they had to play against more West teams then East.

no shit, i nver said they were the greatest team, but commin from what they were last year. Wade deserves some credit.

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2009, 04:19:52 PM »

My Top 3 :

1) Wade
2) LBJ
3°) Kobe

no shit, i nver said they were the greatest team, but commin from what they were last year. Wade deserves some credit.

he does, but no matter what...he wont win MVP.  Its a difficult thing to judge.  I like Wade alot, and I think he's definetely one of the top 5 players in the league. But with Lebron and Kobe's teams playing the way they are...someone would have to be performing head and shoulders above those two to win MVP over them this year.  In some cases, I hate when the MVP is based on how well the team plays. But in this case, it matters.  The biggest argument FOR Wade has been his numbers.  Lebron, and especially Kobe have players they can defer to every once in a while.  This is why theyre teams have such better records then the Heat. What do you think Kobe and Lebrons #'s would look like on a team where they had NO one?  They would go from being 40-50% of the offensive load, to 50-60% of it. Like I said, Wade is off the chain. And definetely deserves mention...but this year, he doesnt stand a chance.  Too much hype surrounding the Lakers and Cavs for Lebron or Kobe not to win.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2009, 04:22:23 PM »
good points.

but Cavs >>> Heat, so they will give it to LeBron.

but 30 7 & 7 is hard to vote against already.

but Wade has been playing like a manic!!! 8)

i always loved Wade's game.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2009, 08:53:29 PM »
this year:

1. kobe
2. wade
3. lbj (after that celtics game)

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2009, 10:56:06 AM »
I dunno about the numer 2. But since the only place that matters is the #1 i'd give the throphy to Dwayne Wade.

'EclipZe

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2009, 11:11:28 AM »
if it was up to me, wade gets it.

PLANT

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2009, 01:03:01 PM »
LeBron is the MVP....Then Wade, then Kobe.

KB24 has the best supporting cast, by far.  So the Cavs and Heat would be FAR worse without LBJ and Wade.  If the Heat were a little better I would make a stronger case for Wade to get it, but the Cavs have just been too good to take that from LeBron.  But Wade and LeBron are both playing better than Kobe this year.