Author Topic: LeBron is not the MVP...  (Read 2398 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: LeBron is not the MVP...
« Reply #120 on: April 03, 2009, 11:54:58 PM »
LeBron is mvp.  Howard is 2.  Kobe is 3. CP3 is 4. Wade is 5.

I think that's a good list actually, nobody gives Howard credit in the MVP race, but he has to be the guy every single night for that team. They have barely missed a beat since Jameer Nelson went down, part of that has been Rafer Alston, but Howard has them on the same level as the Celtics and Cavs. If you compare the 2nd options out of all these MVP candidates, only Wade has a worse sidekick. It's a decent supporting cast, especially how they fit alongside Howard, but he is the engine that makes that team go.

i love dwight, he's one of my top 5 fav players but i think he's a distant 4th in the race. you have to give, rashard lewis, jameer nelson/alston, and turk a lot of credit for the magic's success.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #121 on: April 04, 2009, 07:47:06 AM »
think about it though...

are points really the only thing that decide these things?

Dwight = a solid 21 ppg, leads the league in rebounds & blocks. :o

thats defense & rebounding!

i think LeBron is MVP, but i wouldnt argue against Dwight being mentioned for second right up there with Kobe & Wade.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #122 on: April 04, 2009, 02:51:36 PM »

LMAO

What's your definition of MVP Elior?  I think if you take Howard off the Magic, they fall into oblivion.  Not as much as the Cavs and LBJ, but it'd be very significant.  I put Kobe at 3 because eventhough he's great, you could replace him and that team could hold it's own.

I can't imagine how much Elior must hate Howard.  I mean, I know it's gotta be a crushing reality to know that Bumknee will never be the player that Howard is.  Dubcc, be prepared for years of hate from angry little nikkie on this subject.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #123 on: April 04, 2009, 03:25:07 PM »
^honestly, you dont even have to replace Kobe.

if he went down with an injury next season that kept him out, the Lakers would still make the playoffs lol.

teecee

« Reply #124 on: April 05, 2009, 04:15:05 PM »
It's a lock, second youngest player ever to win the MVP.=LBJ

Wade will get one when his team gets better (which they will no doubt).  Kobe could likely get another one but he may have to put up better numbers, and he doesn't need to on that Lakers team.  He should focus on Playoff MVP's.  Paul will get one, maybe Howard.  Next few years gonna be interesting.  But this year, its no question as to who the MVP is.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #125 on: April 05, 2009, 04:18:56 PM »
Howard better have like 3 before he retires lol.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #126 on: April 22, 2009, 11:16:13 PM »

LMAO

What's your definition of MVP Elior?  I think if you take Howard off the Magic, they fall into oblivion.  Not as much as the Cavs and LBJ, but it'd be very significant.  I put Kobe at 3 because eventhough he's great, you could replace him and that team could hold it's own.

I can't imagine how much Elior must hate Howard.  I mean, I know it's gotta be a crushing reality to know that Bumknee will never be the player that Howard is.  Dubcc, be prepared for years of hate from angry little nikkie on this subject.

are you serious? ahahaha . why don't we take tonight for example. Howard's performance vs. Philadelphia was balanced out by the rets of Orlando's starting 5 and Orlando won. Dwifgt made 4 shots. Dwight's nowhere near the level of a player like Kobe yet. To mention Howard in MVP talks is ridiculous..Lakers wouldn't make the playoffs without Kobe...there are better rosters in the west than the Lakers minus Kobe. even Phoenix couldn't make it...shit, the Clippers with BD, Marcus Camby, Zach Randolph, Eric Gordon, Chris Kaman, AL Thronton, etc. couldn't even get 20 wins in the west LOL. come on, Jromo.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 11:18:05 PM by Now_I_Know »

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #127 on: April 23, 2009, 04:45:21 PM »
i have no problem with lebron winning it this year.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #128 on: April 24, 2009, 04:11:38 AM »

LMAO

are you serious? ahahaha . why don't we take tonight for example. Howard's performance vs. Philadelphia was balanced out by the rets of Orlando's starting 5 and Orlando won. Dwifgt made 4 shots. Dwight's nowhere near the level of a player like Kobe yet. To mention Howard in MVP talks is ridiculous..Lakers wouldn't make the playoffs without Kobe...there are better rosters in the west than the Lakers minus Kobe. even Phoenix couldn't make it...shit, the Clippers with BD, Marcus Camby, Zach Randolph, Eric Gordon, Chris Kaman, AL Thronton, etc. couldn't even get 20 wins in the west LOL. come on, Jromo.

Dog, it's the fuckin CLIPPERS!!!!  Worst franchise ever, bad example...

The Lakers are the deepest team in the league.  If Kobe were out and had to be replaced, they are still legit.  Of course w/o Kobe they aren't fucking ridiculous like they are now, but they are still legit.  Take Howard outta the Magic lineup and that team sucks balls and wouldn't compete...and that's in the EAST.

Seriously though, define what an MVP is to you...

teecee

« Reply #129 on: April 24, 2009, 09:53:45 AM »
The LAKERs are DEEEEP!  With Bynum back now, everytime I watch them, I think how there is no way in hell they shouldn't win the title.  They have the most talent by far.  Bynum, Odom, AND Gasol?  Ridiculous.   

Without Kobe, they would still be a decent team with the triangle system and the players they have.  They wouldn't be elite, but EVERY team would be MUCH worse without their top star.  Thing is, Lakers have guys who would score ALOT more (Bynum, as NIK argued before), and Odom, maybe Ariza (he has stepped it up in the playoffs).

I don't understand why Lakers fans would want to discredit the rest of the team to make Kobe look like the MVP.  Lakers would still be a playoff team with Kobe, but with him they are the favourite to win it all, the most athletic and the most talented, with the most size. 

Lebron for MVP........when they gonna announce that?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #130 on: April 27, 2009, 05:07:35 PM »

LMAO

Dog, it's the fuckin CLIPPERS!!!!  Worst franchise ever, bad example...

The Lakers are the deepest team in the league.  If Kobe were out and had to be replaced, they are still legit.  Of course w/o Kobe they aren't fucking ridiculous like they are now, but they are still legit.  Take Howard outta the Magic lineup and that team sucks balls and wouldn't compete...and that's in the EAST.

Seriously though, define what an MVP is to you...

What are you getting at? The Lakers minus Kobe are like the Gasol-led Grizzlies of a couple years back or some shit. LOL. not cuttin it... the point is, Kobe is the motor for the Lakers, he's what drives 'em...he's point-blank the reason we are currently contending for a title. to me, that's doing as much for your team as possible- leading them to being the most targeted team in the league. he does whatever it takes to be successful...nobody has the will the win like Kobe does. to me, an MVP is the best player in the league who does the most to bring success to his team...THAT IS KOBE. no one else. you can give me all this nonsense about Dwight doing this, and LeBron doing that, but the fact of the matter is they're not on Kobe's level. You trade Dwight for Kobe and the Magic are hands down the number 1 team in the east:

PG Jameer Nelson
SG Kobe Bryant
SF Hedo Turkoglu
PF Rashard Lewis
C  Tony Battie

LOL...see what I'm sayin. it's like an all-star squad minus Battie. Kobe=best player in the league=MVP. hands down.