Author Topic: Former WWE Wrestler "Test" found dead...  (Read 1361 times)

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
Re: Former WWE Wrestler "Test" found dead...
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2009, 12:28:13 AM »
I hate when people blame McMahon. He didn't make Test take shit. He choose to do all of that. People need to take more responsibility for their own actions.

I agree completely. Vince has upped the policy and is constantly suspending and releasing wrestlers left and right for taking steroids. The stars of the most recent generation are well-aware of the risks, but they still do it in hopes of not getting caught. When they're deliberately going against the company to do that type of shit, that's when the responsibility starts lying solely on them.

westsiderider323

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2009, 07:03:26 AM »
damn wrestlers be dyin so damn quick
RIP Test

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2009, 07:06:18 AM »
RIP Test

Yet another wrestler passes away far too early

Its time that something is done to stop this trend that has been happening in pro wrestling for far too long
It hasn't happened in nearly 2 years.  Last wrestler to die early was Crush :(  & it was due to sleep apnea. 

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2009, 07:11:01 AM »
Nevertheless, R.I.P. to the man who never got to marry Stephanie McMahon.
Darn shame too, it coulda went through if Vince Russo woulda never left.  And if it went through, it was said that Test would find a way to dump Stephanie & have some kind of connection with Linda so he can get more power.  And Triple Paulitics would probably be back to mid card status instead of on top nearly all the time.  And WCWF wouldn't be complete garbage since 2003.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2009, 08:26:45 AM »
Test did look ridiculously roided up in his final run with the WWE.

I know it's unfair to blame steroids every single time, but you have to admit, that does seem to be the common denominator amongst all of these wrestlers who recently passed away. Depending on how badly they abused it, being clean for a couple years isn't going to reverse all of the side effects that it could take on someone's health.

The common denominator is steroids + pain killers + roofies + coke + heroin + alcohol + sleeping pills + whatever the fuck else you can think of. Take steroids out of that list and these guys still end up dead.

Not Eddie, or anyone else who was clean for several years. His enlarged heart complications was a result of steroid abuse. Most the other shit you listed, despite all having horrible long-term effects, isn't going to destroy your heart like that in a fatal manner when you've been staying away from it for so long.

It just so happens that a lot of these other guys who passed away in the past couple years weren't clean of everything when they died, so the steroids gets mixed into all the other shit that they've done.

If what you are saying is true then the body building world would have a much higher body count than wrestling. Where are the dead bodybuilders?

I hate when people blame McMahon. He didn't make Test take shit. He choose to do all of that. People need to take more responsibility for their own actions.

McMahon chose in the 80s to create a product that promotes a wrestler with a certain physique. McMahon chose to sell these hulking muscle men to children. McMahon chose to do everything but personal sell the steroids to wrestlers. McMahon chose to put guys on the road 300 days a year with out paying for their travel or shelter. The wrestlers chose to go through with it. That's their own fault. It doesn't change the fact that McMahon is a slimy cunt.

There are only two men that could have stopped McMahon from running the business the way he did, Hogan the night before Wrestlemania 3 and Austin the night before Wrestlemania 17. Either of those men at those times could have made a list of demands for the entire company and told McMahon to sign or they don't show for Mania. Both of those men were told by peers at the time that they can do it. Both of those men refused to. So it's not any more Vince's fault than it is Hogan's or Austin's.

At the end of the day McMahon is a circus man. He preys on the stupid and uses them for his act and when he doesn't need them any more he throws them away. He's nothing like his father, and when Vince himself isn't around to praise his own name no one else is going to do it. He single-handedly destroyed the wrestling business and he doesn't even know it yet.

Sikotic™

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2009, 09:19:20 PM »

I know it's unfair to blame steroids every single time, but you have to admit, that does seem to be the common denominator amongst all of these wrestlers who recently passed away. Depending on how badly they abused it, being clean for a couple years isn't going to reverse all of the side effects that it could take on someone's health.

The common denominator is steroids + pain killers + roofies + coke + heroin + alcohol + sleeping pills + whatever the fuck else you can think of. Take steroids out of that list and these guys still end up dead.

Not Eddie, or anyone else who was clean for several years. His enlarged heart complications was a result of steroid abuse. Most the other shit you listed, despite all having horrible long-term effects, isn't going to destroy your heart like that in a fatal manner when you've been staying away from it for so long.

It just so happens that a lot of these other guys who passed away in the past couple years weren't clean of everything when they died, so the steroids gets mixed into all the other shit that they've done.

If what you are saying is true then the body building world would have a much higher body count than wrestling. Where are the dead bodybuilders?

McMahon chose in the 80s to create a product that promotes a wrestler with a certain physique. McMahon chose to sell these hulking muscle men to children. McMahon chose to do everything but personal sell the steroids to wrestlers. McMahon chose to put guys on the road 300 days a year with out paying for their travel or shelter. The wrestlers chose to go through with it. That's their own fault. It doesn't change the fact that McMahon is a slimy cunt.

There are only two men that could have stopped McMahon from running the business the way he did, Hogan the night before Wrestlemania 3 and Austin the night before Wrestlemania 17. Either of those men at those times could have made a list of demands for the entire company and told McMahon to sign or they don't show for Mania. Both of those men were told by peers at the time that they can do it. Both of those men refused to. So it's not any more Vince's fault than it is Hogan's or Austin's.

At the end of the day McMahon is a circus man. He preys on the stupid and uses them for his act and when he doesn't need them any more he throws them away. He's nothing like his father, and when Vince himself isn't around to praise his own name no one else is going to do it. He single-handedly destroyed the wrestling business and he doesn't even know it yet.

You usually make complete sense, but I'm really gonna have to respectively disagree with you on this one. You really think Hogan and Austin were able to predict the magnitude of their success back before they ever reached it? Let me try to think from the perspective you would of liked Hogan or Austin to have: you have been hand picked by the owner of your company to be its new star. You've busted your ass night in and night out, broke bones, sacrificed your health and family living on the road, and right when it is all about to pay off........you tell your boss you refuse to have the torch passed on to you until you and your buddies get additional compensation? I'm I'm not mistaken, the man formerly known as Jim Hellwig a.k.a. The Ultimate Warrior made similar demands back when he was red hot and after wards never reached the amount of success he previously had again. Anyone who was put in the same situation as Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin or The Rock would be a complete dumbass to risk their opportunity for the good of everyone else.

You can call Vince a cunt, an asshole, a selfish man....whatever you want, however, those are all the qualities of a good businessman. He was simply giving the people what they wanted in the 80's with the muscular physiques and over the top personalities. Let's not forget that there were plenty of territories/promotions at that time like the AWA and NWA that offered amazing wrestling and ring psychology, but Vince provided something different and unique that attracted the attention of the fans. And just like he never forced a fan by gunpoint to watch his programming and order his pay-per-views, he never force fed pills or steroids to any of his performers. They did it because they knew what the fans wanted and they knew that if they didn't give the fans what they wanted (or what Vince thought the fans wanted) then they would remain on the bottom of the barrel or get fired.

And being the great capitalist that Vince is, his mission as a businessman was always to eliminate the competition....yes, even ECW. He knew they would never take over his empire, that's why he allowed some of his talent to work for ECW and vice versa. Did that kill the business? Hell yeah it did. I don't blame Vince for killing all of his competition, however, I do blame him for not making the most at such a golden opportunity i.e. the Invasion angle. Now that Vince is in complete control, he has no reason to listen to the fans, but once again the fans will eventually become fed up and stop watching. Then and only then will the business become successful again.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2009, 10:39:12 PM »

You usually make complete sense, but I'm really gonna have to respectively disagree with you on this one. You really think Hogan and Austin were able to predict the magnitude of their success back before they ever reached it? Let me try to think from the perspective you would of liked Hogan or Austin to have: you have been hand picked by the owner of your company to be its new star. You've busted your ass night in and night out, broke bones, sacrificed your health and family living on the road, and right when it is all about to pay off........you tell your boss you refuse to have the torch passed on to you until you and your buddies get additional compensation? I'm I'm not mistaken, the man formerly known as Jim Hellwig a.k.a. The Ultimate Warrior made similar demands back when he was red hot and after wards never reached the amount of success he previously had again. Anyone who was put in the same situation as Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin or The Rock would be a complete dumbass to risk their opportunity for the good of everyone else.

You can call Vince a cunt, an asshole, a selfish man....whatever you want, however, those are all the qualities of a good businessman. He was simply giving the people what they wanted in the 80's with the muscular physiques and over the top personalities. Let's not forget that there were plenty of territories/promotions at that time like the AWA and NWA that offered amazing wrestling and ring psychology, but Vince provided something different and unique that attracted the attention of the fans. And just like he never forced a fan by gunpoint to watch his programming and order his pay-per-views, he never force fed pills or steroids to any of his performers. They did it because they knew what the fans wanted and they knew that if they didn't give the fans what they wanted (or what Vince thought the fans wanted) then they would remain on the bottom of the barrel or get fired.

And being the great capitalist that Vince is, his mission as a businessman was always to eliminate the competition....yes, even ECW. He knew they would never take over his empire, that's why he allowed some of his talent to work for ECW and vice versa. Did that kill the business? Hell yeah it did. I don't blame Vince for killing all of his competition, however, I do blame him for not making the most at such a golden opportunity i.e. the Invasion angle. Now that Vince is in complete control, he has no reason to listen to the fans, but once again the fans will eventually become fed up and stop watching. Then and only then will the business become successful again.

That whole torch passing bullshit is just a story used to help sell a moment and DVDs. Andre The Giant was never the star Hogan was and Hogan was already making more money than the USA's top athletes and movie stars before WMIII. Dude was already a millionaire. So was Austin before WM17 happened. That was my point. They were already established and the company needed them desperately at that moment in time. If Hogan no shows WMIII because Vince won't make the deal and Crockett does and gets Hogan on the NWA then WWF may very well have died at that very moment.

With Austin it's a bit different, because while him not showing up for the main event of that show would have left a lot of people very angry WCW was already all but dead at that point. Now if Austen had threaten to leave at WM15 it may have been more interesting.

Anyway, no where have I said that these guys should have done to start a union. I hate unions and who knows what messes would come about because of them. I just said the only way unions and wrestlers being taken care of properly would have happened would have been if those two guys had made the decision. Every other wrestler in WWF history was expendable.

As for Vince compared to other businessmen. I'm not defending any other top business types. They very well be huge assholes too. But just because most in a field achieve success the same way does not make that way respectable or defensible. And as for the WWF compared to the AWA or NWA; I've watched a lot of both of those companies in the ten years through tapes and such and I grew up with a lot of older cousins that were Observer subscribers and such (smarks), and I remember those days as a kid too. You'd be surprised how similar these products were the entire time. All three were ripping each other off and were very similar. They were also making similar amounts of money. What Vince had that really put him over the the top was Hogan. If AWA never lost Hogan or NWA had picked him up instead of Vince then the 80s would have been by which ever company had him. Vince did not create Hulkamania. Rocky 3 made him aware to the public and then Hulkamania was started in the AWA. Vince JR. then got his dad's company and used his dad's leverage to buy out most of the AWA stars, and WWF was based in New York which is a much greater market than Minnesota or Carolina nd Vince had the New York market locked because his dad was the one that locked it down years before. WCW and WWF were almost neck and neck the entire time both were existing if you really look at the numbers up until Russo took over WCW creative. What happened was that Vince had won out and then he got to write the history books for the main stream audience.

And as for killing competition. ECW was never more than an obscure alternative. But WCW was not killed by WWF or Vince. Time Warner killed WCW when they refused to air it on TV (despite it still being the number 1 or 2 show on TBS and TNT and still a top 10 cable show nation wide even in it's worst days). Then they sold it for 8 million. Which in itself was the stupidest joke of a business move I've ever seen. If all Time Warner did was have some film editor wrestling nut compile archive DVDs and best of comps with very little money spent of ads they could have made a profit of a lot over 8 mil a year every year until today and years to come.

And now since WWE has been the only game in town for like 9 years the wrestling talent pool has gotten so small it would years to build a formidable company to take national and international. I don't see another big phase in the wrestling happening in the next 25 years unless some rich guy who loves it so much just pours cash into a new company for fun just to create competition.

Sikotic™

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2009, 12:01:44 AM »
Those are some good points. I agree that there won't be any competition anytime soon if ever. And I agree 100% that Vince has fucked up the wrestling content. I still find it hard to blame him for what he has done. It kinda questions his "love" for the business too.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2009, 09:43:01 AM »
Those are some good points. I agree that there won't be any competition anytime soon if ever. And I agree 100% that Vince has fucked up the wrestling content. I still find it hard to blame him for what he has done. It kinda questions his "love" for the business too.

I don't blame Vince for anything. I just never liked his product as an adult or young adult. It was impossible to hate Hogan as a 5 year old in the 80s, but looking back through the years I don't think me now would be a fan of any era of the WWF Vince Jr years. It's just not my cup of tea. It was always too much in the realm of fantasy for me. I understand his position and his logic, I just don't like it. There is almost no regard for Wrestling history, or wrestling art.

The art of pro wrestling is to make something that is fake seem as real as possible while maintaining its entertainment value. Vince rubs it in my face that it's not real time and time again like that is his goal. He claims he's not a wrestling promoter he's a movie director, and his weekly Raw and Smackdown movies for me are about as good as No Holds Barred, The Marine, or whatever the fuck else WWE films puts together.

Now one thing that I don't blame him for but realize he has had strong influence over is that by making Wrestling the campy smut he has turned it into it has given the term pro-wrestling such a bad name in the mainstream that TV execs and investors don't want to go near it ad that's why they won't pony up the cash for a new product. That being said, if you go back to or three years and put Paul Heyman or Jim Cornette in charge of creative at TNA  it would have been gaining fast on WWE right about now. So it's not impossible that group could emerge. I just don't see it happening soon.

Sikotic™

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2009, 07:57:33 PM »
I hope so because Russo and TNA are doing a worse job than Vince and his creative team are doing.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2009, 09:21:54 PM »
I hope so because Russo and TNA are doing a worse job than Vince and his creative team are doing.

I at least understand what Vince is doing. He's got it in his think head that pro wrestling is like any other TV show or soap opera; higher the best TV writers you can find, write up a script for actors to memorize, and follow the pre-written. I may hate it and think the product would work much better if it was done the old way but I get it. With Russo I don't get it. I often wonder if he is purposely booking angles to fail because he wants to hurt the product.

I don't know if you ever saw the OVW TV from a few years back when Cornette was running it but it was by far the best wrestling on TV. Anyone who live around Ohio Valley was very lucky. I have a friend that used to order the tapes. It was funny that a WWE developmental territory had a product ten time better than it's major league counter part.

Sikotic™

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2009, 10:57:18 PM »
I heard about it, but never got a chance to check out OVWs product. I'm not all too familiar with the TNA booking situation other than the fact that Vince Russo has a hand in things, but I'm hoping Cornette isn't on the creative team and just on-air talent because I know he is more capable of creating a better product than what TNA is putting out. I try really hard to watch it because they have a lot of great talent, but that shit is borderline unbearable.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2009, 08:12:54 AM »
I heard about it, but never got a chance to check out OVWs product. I'm not all too familiar with the TNA booking situation other than the fact that Vince Russo has a hand in things, but I'm hoping Cornette isn't on the creative team and just on-air talent because I know he is more capable of creating a better product than what TNA is putting out. I try really hard to watch it because they have a lot of great talent, but that shit is borderline unbearable.

Cornette has no off-screen role with TNA and is just another performer. I watched one of their PPVs once a while back, forget which one, but the PPV was worse than the worst episode of WCW Thunder I'd ever seen as far as booking goes. It's like every match has to end with some crazy swerve finish. Russo is such a twit, and when people rag on him he gets all defensive by saying they are stuck in the old days of wrestling and don't understand modern entertainment. It's not an old style wrestling idea that the more you see something like a plot twist the less effective a good plot twist becomes. Imagine if The Usual Suspects the 6th Sense had 5 crazy swerves each with in each film and then dropped the endings on us. No one would give a fuck.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2009, 11:30:06 PM »
i predict 5 more wrestlers will die this year.

RIP test. 

T&A!!!!  that was a cool tag team...mainly cause of trish lmao

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Sikotic™

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2009, 09:35:40 PM »
i predict 5 more wrestlers will die this year.

RIP test. 

T&A!!!!  that was a cool tag team...mainly cause of trish lmao
That's a very conservative number. I'd go with 10.

THA SAUCE HOUSE