Author Topic: Don't y'all think it's time for a DPGC album....  (Read 530 times)

DTG Entertainment

Re: Don't y'all think it's time for a DPGC album....
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2009, 11:13:30 PM »
Crooked I,  Kokane, Jayo Felony, Damani, Bad Lucc, Threat, Mac Shawn, Slip Capone Eastwood

These people ain't DPG though.

DPG Affiliates.

Kokane was on Doggystyle
Slip Capone is on DPG Records and came up with the Dogg Pound. He's been with Kurupt since 1994.
Jayo came up with Kurupt like Slip. Check out the 662 DVD.
Damani and Bad Lucc are in that one group with Soopa and got the blessings of Snoop and Kurupt.
Mac Shawn came up with Daz on the original DPG sub-label of Death Row
Also, Eastwood always hung around Kurupt, Daz, and all them. So I would throw him in the mix too.

honestly i don't see a dpgc record with these people on it....

Mac Shawn was on a Daz record, Slip Capone was on Dillinger and Gotti as well as Kuruption. I could see Kokane doing a hook, Jayo doing a verse feature, same for the rest of the dudes.

Elano

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2009, 11:22:12 PM »
Crooked I,  Kokane, Jayo Felony, Damani, Bad Lucc, Threat, Mac Shawn, Slip Capone Eastwood

DPG Affiliates.

Kokane was on Doggystyle
Slip Capone is on DPG Records and came up with the Dogg Pound. He's been with Kurupt since 1994.
Damani and Bad Lucc are in that one group with Soopa and got the blessings of Snoop and Kurupt.
Also, Eastwood always hung around Kurupt, Daz, and all them. So I would throw him in the mix too.

Mac Shawn was on a Daz record, Slip Capone was on Dillinger and Gotti as well as Kuruption. I could see Kokane doing a hook, Jayo doing a verse feature, same for the rest of the dudes.
Ok,but think about it:a dpgc album must have only features striclty from the dpgc camp.
Same thing for the Lbc Crew album (with bad azz,techniec....and who's left)

Mietek23

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2009, 11:25:20 PM »
Cali iz active sucked ass

There were a couple of bangers on there aswell as couple decent tracks and fillers - if they would mix tracks from "Cali Iz Active" and "Dogg Chit"  it would be a CLASSIC but overall Cali Iz Active is a solid record

Jaydc555

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2009, 11:27:34 PM »
I think if you took the best tracks from dogg chit cali iz active and dillinger and gotti 2 you would still have a mediocre album

Mietek23

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2009, 11:44:13 PM »
I think if you took the best tracks from dogg chit cali iz active and dillinger and gotti 2 you would still have a mediocre album

Well, I made a compilation using the best tracks from each albums you have named.. check it out and don't tell me this wouldn't be a CLASSIC album 8)

01. Cali Iz Active
02. DPGC Muzic
03. Everybody
04. Stop Lyin'
05. Slow Your Roll
06. Anybody Killa
07. Ryde & Roll
08. Vibe
09. Keep it Gangsta
10. Faknass Hoes
11. Where U From
12. Good Day
13. Throwin' Up Da C
14. Cruisin' In My 6-4 [Bonus Track]

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2009, 11:54:09 PM »

DPG Affiliates.

Kokane was on Doggystyle

can ne1 give me info on mac shawn, never heard of him till i saw that new track on dubcnn

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Jaydc555

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2009, 11:58:37 PM »
Mac Shawn is from the bay he was signed to dpg records then moved over to death row.he's got tracks on chronic 2000 and too gangsta for radio.he's got an album floating around out there somewhere

Okka

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2009, 08:29:34 AM »
Also Big Pimpin' Delemond... whatever happened to that guy? I heard somewhere that he died. anyone have info on wats goin on with him?

Naah, i don't think he dead, he was on "DPG Eulogy" (i think that's the last time he was featured on anything.) His son Lil Pimpin is makin music right now.

Mac Shawn is from the bay he was signed to dpg records then moved over to death row.he's got tracks on chronic 2000 and too gangsta for radio.he's got an album floating around out there somewhere

+ He's the cousin of E-40 and if i'm right he just got out of jail, never been a big fan of him, but here's a dope track from him though.

http://www.limelinx.com/files/4e23c35cc3959dc50131de7debf8c98e

I don't know if he was ever signed to DPG Recordz, he was on Death Row though. Dubcnn should interview with him since he fuckin with Daz again.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 08:35:41 AM by Okka »

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2009, 08:58:50 AM »
Also Big Pimpin' Delemond... whatever happened to that guy? I heard somewhere that he died. anyone have info on wats goin on with him?

Naah, i don't think he dead, he was on "DPG Eulogy" (i think that's the last time he was featured on anything.) His son Lil Pimpin is makin music right now.

+ He's the cousin of E-40 and if i'm right he just got out of jail, never been a big fan of him, but here's a dope track from him though.

http://www.limelinx.com/files/4e23c35cc3959dc50131de7debf8c98e

I don't know if he was ever signed to DPG Recordz, he was on Death Row though. Dubcnn should interview with him since he fuckin with Daz again.

DPG Recordz was originally a sub-label of Death Row in 1998.

http://www.angelfire.com/ca5/DeathRowRec/MacShawn.html

Okka

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2009, 09:06:02 AM »

DPG Recordz was originally a sub-label of Death Row in 1998.

http://www.angelfire.com/ca5/DeathRowRec/MacShawn.html
Yeah, you right, it was called Dogg Pound Records, Crooked I was talkin about it on "G'd Up And Banged Out". There was Doggystyle Records too, it was a sub-label for Death Row too but Suge Knight refused to allow Snoop to shop distribution for it.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 09:15:05 AM by Okka »