Author Topic: Okay, DubCC: Let's do a science experiment...  (Read 235 times)

Sikotic™

Okay, DubCC: Let's do a science experiment...
« on: March 27, 2009, 12:14:19 AM »
...That thread about the hangover cure got my brain going. Let's see which is the best method.

Since I have the day off tomorrow, and all my ass will be doing is studying and working on my three 15 page papers due next week, I figure I can get drunk and suffer from a hangover if the experiment fails.

Experiment Design:
I have half a fifth of vodka. Over the course of this evening/morning, I will drink the entire contents remaining in the bottle. No chasers because we don't want any variables in the experiment.

Once the fifth is finished, I will then administer the "hangover cure". Today, we will be testing Gatorade. Once I finish the vodka, I will proceed to chug one 20 oz. bottle of Gatorade.

Hypothesis: The bottle of Gatorade will prevent me from suffering the full effects of a hangover.

Now every good experiment must have a control. Since I don't have a clone I can only go on past experiences.......such as Wednesday when I drank the first half of the fifth of vodka that previous night. I had a fuckin hangover in my lab, lectures, and at work which was a bitch.

If I don't wake up with a hangover tomorrow, it is because of:
a) The effects of the electrolytes in the Gatorade helped in slowing the dehydration effects within my body.
b) I have sustained tolerance from the previous night of binge drinking, thus making my results invalid. (highly unlikely though)

I will post periodically throughout the night until I am incoherent or pass out. I'll post final results in the morning.

Enjoy.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Kool Beenz

Re: Okay, DubCC: Let's do a science experiment...
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 12:48:11 AM »
I think the gatorade cure is a hoax...

when you wake up if it doesnt work and your still hung over try the shower thing and tell me how that ends up...

and you WILL wake up with a hang over from vodka  :P
 :puke:

N_M_N

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 01:08:35 AM »
A fifth of vodka alone is a serious task my man.

Plus all that syrupy gatorade will probably compound it for the worse, but I commend you on your experimenting.

Until then,

No More Nonsense.

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 01:10:26 AM »
We'll see. I'm a third in on the fifth (if my vodka math makes any sense). The Gatorade cure honestly hasn't failed me personally, but we'll see. If not, I'll try the shower thing next time.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

The Watcher

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 01:16:50 AM »
fat and sugar is what cures a hangover, anything with those (mcdonalds + coke) will fix you up, used it this morning and was fine today after a heavy night of drinking
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 01:30:00 AM »
Yeah, I've noticed that fat helps a lot. Gatorade does provide a lot of essential electrolytes which are lost when drinking, so I'm hoping it will prevent or make up for the loss of vital bodily nutrients. That way, my hungover ass won't have to make a trip to Mickey D's for the deluxe breakfast.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Sikotic™

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 02:20:45 AM »
fuck! spilled vodka all over my keyboard! I think I'm drunk now. Time for Gatorade.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Asslicker

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 02:23:05 AM »
your research population is too small, plus you don't a null or an alternative hypothesis.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2009, 06:13:25 AM »
I'm definetly interested in this, keep us posted. BTW I've also heard that fat helps like somebody suggested but I wonder why. Because I know that carbs bind the water, thus making you even more dehydrated.

alcoolholic

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2009, 06:32:52 AM »
good experiment, i commend you.

man as far as i know prevention is the only cure.. hydrating yourself before sleep is the only way to 'beat' a hangover. everything else will just numb the effects.

but theres a fine line, and once you get that pissed where you dont remember getting home, theres no turning back, you will get a hang over. it has something to do with the brain dehydrating and swelling up giving you pain. a shock to the nervous system wont cure it, atleast in my logical reasoning.

good luck!

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 08:00:53 AM »
what happened to H20?
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Nigga_With_An_Additude

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2009, 09:31:51 AM »
love you sikotic hopefully no hangover.......... :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2009, 02:20:04 PM »
I think at the end of this you should do a combination of all these. I tried the shower thing to wake up the other day and it did. But your stomach needs some greasey foods and water to dehydrate as well. I commend your efforts, you are a brave man.
I got a bird's eye view

Floydness

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2009, 02:22:13 PM »
I dont know much about drinking but I do know that drinking that much vodka cant be good for you lol.. how about whisky? Id take whisky ANY DAY over nasty vodka..  and why not just take that hangover pill when u drink so the next day u dont wake up with a hangover?

Muhfukka

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2009, 04:55:28 PM »
I dont know much about drinking but I do know that drinking that much vodka cant be good for you lol.. how about whisky? Id take whisky ANY DAY over nasty vodka..  and why not just take that hangover pill when u drink so the next day u dont wake up with a hangover?
haha any dark liquor is going to give you a worse hangover than vodka or gin