Author Topic: anyone else think family guy just isnt funny anymore?  (Read 778 times)

Jaydc555

anyone else think family guy just isnt funny anymore?
« on: March 29, 2009, 09:12:52 PM »
I used to be a huge fan but man this season has been terrible tonights episode wasn't funny at all.american dad is a much better show family guy has become so predictable and they repeat jokes so many times where it just sucks the life out of it.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

Re: anyone else think family guy just isnt funny anymore?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 10:49:00 PM »
Yeah I stopped watching family guy for maybe a year or more now.  It ran its course.  But the simpsons fell off around the beginning of this decade & it still goes on.  Make the kids older for pete's sake.  Like they've done with the Flinstones, referring to pebbles & bamm bamm. 

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 04:00:19 AM »
american dad does nothing for me, i havent seen ANY new family guy episodes so i dunno

Jaydc555

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 04:03:10 AM »
I think the first season of american dad was so so but it really picked up after that.stan and Roger are hilarious.I hated Roger at first but he really grew on me

Kushsmoke

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 09:48:03 AM »
I think different writers brought the quality down. I still get a laugh out of it sometimes when i watch it.

The first 4 seasons will always be crazy funny though.

American Dad hasn't quite grown on me yet.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 12:45:00 PM »
Definitely not as good as it used to be but still a decent show with some laughs imo

Jaydc555

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 12:48:48 PM »
They just repeat the same jokes too many times.first it was the greased up def guy then the barbershop guys then kool aud,Herbert the pedophile,Cleveland getting his house blown up and Conway twitty.they just take jokes that were barely funny the first time and use them ten times again and again its so boring

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 01:08:57 PM »
I used to be a huge fan but man this season has been terrible tonights episode wasn't funny at all.american dad is a much better show family guy has become so predictable and they repeat jokes so many times where it just sucks the life out of it.
I agree. I still watch it sometimes becuase it has some good laughs, but it is getting pathetic. I really like American Dad, though. I don't think it will have the impact of Family Guy, but it is new and fresh. The Simpsons is another show that sucks ass. Every episode is either lame or funny but moronic. They definatly need to cancel that show already.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 03:16:58 PM »
They just repeat the same jokes too many times.first it was the greased up def guy then the barbershop guys then kool aud,Herbert the pedophile,Cleveland getting his house blown up and Conway twitty.they just take jokes that were barely funny the first time and use them ten times again and again its so boring

Yeah I hear that, I always thought the Pedaphile was pretty funny though haha

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 05:31:46 PM »
i watch it for Stewie, but other than that, South Park >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Family Guy.

all there jokes dont even deal with the plot.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 05:38:53 PM »
i think fam guy's still hilarious
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2009, 07:02:06 PM »
i jsut watched the gay episode that my boy told me was awesome, ehhhh, def lost something

GENERIK

• 'G'
  • THE DARK TRAIL
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2009, 09:00:51 PM »
yeahhhh it's definitely not that funny anymore i used to be able to laugh throughout an episode, then it turned to a few laughs a episode, then i have to force myself to squeeze a laugh out...the gay episode was probably my favorite so far this year...but that's not saying much...clevelands show is supposed to start up in the fall ithink...hopefullly it's better than these episodes

Mga223

• 'G'
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2009, 11:05:13 PM »
i watch it for Stewie, but other than that, South Park >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Family Guy.

all there jokes dont even deal with the plot.

lol family guy has never been on south parks level

i still watch family guy abit but it is the same old jokes a flashback or whatever.

Jaydc555

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2009, 03:54:21 AM »
Yeah I think everyone that used to love family guy should watch american dad now.its family guy humour but it isn't stuck in the boring format of family guy with the lame random flashbacks and repeating jokes