Author Topic: Lucky Dube's Killers get life...  (Read 240 times)

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
Lucky Dube's Killers get life...
« on: April 02, 2009, 01:36:02 PM »
South African reggae star's killers get life
April 2, 2009, 6:07 AM EST

JOHANNESBURG (AP) -- A judge sentenced three men convicted of murdering an internationally known South African reggae star in a botched carjacking to life in prison Thursday.

Lucky Dube's 2007 killing drew worldwide attention to crime in South Africa, which has one of the world's highest murder rates.

Sifiso Mhlanga, Mbuti Mabe and Julius Gxowa were convicted Tuesday in Dube's death. Hours before the verdict was announced, Mabe and Mhlanga assaulted police officers in a foiled bid to escape from the court.

Thokozani Dube, who was in the car when his father was shot, broke into tears as the sentences were announced and was comforted by his mother. Later, family members and their supporters gathered outside the courthouse and sang South Africa's national anthem.

Dube, who launched his career in the 1980s with criticism of the apartheid regime, went on to become a huge international star. He recorded more than 20 albums and shared stages with the likes of Michael Jackson, Peter Gabriel, Ziggy Marley and Sting.

~Lucien~

Re: Lucky Dube's Killers get life...
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 07:00:30 PM »
I hope they burn in hell. Carjacking is the #1 crime in South Africa. Never stop for a red light.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 07:33:57 PM »
It brought a tear to my eye reading that lucky's son was crying in the courtroom.  Lucky Dube wrote many songs about children, he loved kids and Im sure he was very close with his son.

Check out his song, "The One" and you will get an idea of the emotions Lucky put into his songs about fatherhood.

Props to timelock for the thread and PM
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 10:22:09 PM »
RIP Lucky Dube...Dude was so talented.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 10:35:48 PM »
RIP and glad to hear these dudes got what they deserved....

I dont really know much about this guy except for reading what Infinite says about him...can any of you guys put me up on some of his stuff??
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 05:22:21 AM »
Actually they didn't!  They got life only >:( I feel carjackers, & especially home invasion robbers should get the death penalty even if they didn't murder anyone.  And those idiot gangbangers who kill innocent people just because they're not in a gang after asking where you from.  When will someone in prison put a warning those ignorant jackoffs that if they do it, that's their butt in jail just like with the child killers?

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 09:46:34 AM »
Actually they didn't!  They got life only >:( I feel carjackers, & especially home invasion robbers should get the death penalty even if they didn't murder anyone.  And those idiot gangbangers who kill innocent people just because they're not in a gang after asking where you from.  When will someone in prison put a warning those ignorant jackoffs that if they do it, that's their butt in jail just like with the child killers?

Yeah I feel you,  but I meant that they wont be on the streets anymore to ruin someone elses family. 
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup