Author Topic: Celtics 'shutting down' Garnett, likely until playoffs  (Read 458 times)

OchoCinco

Celtics 'shutting down' Garnett, likely until playoffs
« on: March 31, 2009, 01:39:15 PM »
WALTHAM, Massachusetts (AP) -- The Boston Celtics are "shutting down" injured star Kevin Garnett because of concerns over his sore right knee.

Coach Doc Rivers announced after practice Tuesday that the team would be "shutting down" their star forward after Garnett experienced continued soreness in the knee, first injured on Feb. 19 at Utah.

Rivers said Garnett would probably play the last few games of the season to prepare for the playoffs.

"After watching him move today, we're just going to shut him down," Rivers said. "It probably won't be for the year. He'll probably play by the end, last couple of games, or last three games. It's just not progressing the way we anticipated it would progress."

Damn, yall are gunna make it too easy for the Crabeliers

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Celtics 'shutting down' Garnett, likely until playoffs
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 03:25:56 PM »
doc says he should be back for the last 3 games of the year i guess
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 03:28:22 PM »
Celts are done, we all knew it was short term when they got KG and Allen and they got their title so props to them but they are done now.  Cavs would beat them this year even w/ KG at 100% IMO but now it will be really easy for Cavs.  Cavs and Lakers in Finals, man that is gonna be amazing.

DIP DIP SET SET

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 03:29:13 PM »
Celts are done, we all knew it was short term when they got KG and Allen and they got their title so props to them but they are done now.  Cavs would beat them this year even w/ KG at 100% IMO but now it will be really easy for Cavs.  Cavs and Lakers in Finals, man that is gonna be amazing.

:rolleyes:  sure thing spice
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

teecee

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 03:32:47 PM »

:rolleyes:  sure thing spice

I wouldn't stick a fork in the Celtics just yet; if KG gets in a few games b4 the playoffs and they get a relatively easy first round match-up, they should be fine.  Honestly, the Magic are gonna be tough to beat as well.

Its amazing though---------who would've thought the Cavs would be the favourite in the east heading into this season???

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 03:34:20 PM »
^^Cmon Hack I am not hating here and I am giving the Celtics props, they got their title last year!! Thats more then I can say about my Pacers LOL, I am just saying I dont think they will win another title with this core, I think I am being reasonable but if I was a Celtics fan I would definitely disagree so I know where you are coming from.
Cmon Hack do you think Celtics will repeat this year?

DIP DIP SET SET

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2009, 03:51:22 PM »
we DEF need KG to play at 80% to win the title

i COULD see us losing to Cleveland but I still think we're the better team

until KG is out for the year i say we'll repeat.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 03:59:38 PM »

I agree that the Celtics won't win another title but I wouldn't count them out as Eastern Conference champs.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 04:04:11 PM »
Celts are done, we all knew it was short term when they got KG and Allen and they got their title so props to them but they are done now. 

on point

teecee

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2009, 04:05:45 PM »

On paper, the Cavs are not as good as the Spurs, Lakers, or Celtics.  Those teams each have three very good players, while the Cavs have arguably two and many good role players.  

If KG is only 80% though, the Celtics aren't getting close to a title.  

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2009, 04:16:59 PM »

On paper, the Cavs are not as good as the Spurs, Lakers, or Celtics.  Those teams each have three very good players, while the Cavs have arguably two and many good role players.  

funny how everyone completely ignores that the Cavs have the best defensive cast of all those teams...LOL. on paper, I'd take the Cavs minus LeBron over the Spurs minus Duncan or the Celtics minus KG.

teecee

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2009, 04:21:29 PM »

funny how everyone completely ignores that the Cavs have the best defensive cast of all those teams...LOL. on paper, I'd take the Cavs minus LeBron over the Spurs minus Duncan or the Celtics minus KG.

We all get it---anything to discredit LBJ?   I know it doesn't even seem possibly, but what is your cop out if the Cavs win the title?  Or WHEN Lebron gets MVP?   

Cavs DO have a great defensive team, lead by a much improved Lebron on defense. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2009, 04:23:27 PM »

We all get it---anything to discredit LBJ?   I know it doesn't even seem possibly, but what is your cop out if the Cavs win the title?  Or WHEN Lebron gets MVP?   

Cavs DO have a great defensive team, lead by a much improved Lebron on defense. 

why do you act like such a girl? just take it for what it is...i just said cleveland has the best defensive cast out of those teams. can you comment on that instead of riding my nuts? didnt think so, homio.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2009, 05:09:59 PM »

right now ill say my favorites to win the title and power rankings:

celtics > lakers > cavs > spurs > magic > jazz > nuggets

nobody else can win the NBA title.  i highly doubt the Nuggets or Jazz could either lol.  but the JAzz are a nice darkhorse every year.

wcsoldier

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2009, 09:36:11 PM »
I told you months ago that Cavs were real and will beat the Cs ... nobody believed me ... as Spice said even at full strenght the C's are not on Cavs level this year ... Cavs have a real solid D , finally a team offense this season and Smith acquisition is huge imo ... I like how they can switch their interior players ... Varejao - Smith is the best 2nd string interior combo in the league ...