Author Topic: UGK Projected To Sell 75K, Flo Rida Right Round 50K In First Week  (Read 486 times)

Jaydc555

Re: UGK Projected To Sell 75K, Flo Rida Right Round 50K In First Week
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2009, 03:14:56 PM »
His
 last album sold about the same amount.most ringtone rappers don't move many units.that's why someone like lady ga ga can be heard everywhere but doesn't sell albums she sells singles.its a different market.its a damn shame kardinall go thrown into that though.dangerous was huge but the album flopped.people have caught on to the fact that a lot of artists have one or two good songs and an album full of filler.artists have nobody to blame for poor sales except themselves.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2009, 03:58:02 PM »
His
 last album sold about the same amount.most ringtone rappers don't move many units.that's why someone like lady ga ga can be heard everywhere but doesn't sell albums she sells singles.its a different market.its a damn shame kardinall go thrown into that though.dangerous was huge but the album flopped.people have caught on to the fact that a lot of artists have one or two good songs and an album full of filler.artists have nobody to blame for poor sales except themselves.

Preach. If artists made dope albums, people would cop them, they dont wanna hear a bunch of thrown together could be singles. Jada's gonna flop

Lunatic

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2009, 09:52:39 AM »
His
 last album sold about the same amount.
i dont think thats true..pretty sure the last album went at least Gold, and with 50K first week, he doesnt stand a chance at gold.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Jaydc555

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2009, 06:35:13 PM »
The last album sold around 70 000 first week.so a little better but not much.

Lunatic

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2009, 06:37:37 PM »
The last album sold around 70 000 first week.so a little better but not much.
UGK double album? way off bruh...170K first week..but it also had 2 music videos in advance of dropping and a #1 single

Jaydc555

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2009, 07:04:52 PM »
No I was talking about flo rida

Lunatic

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2009, 10:25:03 PM »
No I was talking about flo rida
oh my b

ABN

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2009, 05:46:40 AM »
iīm kinda dissapointed with those numbers coz UGK deserves to sell way more then that. but i thought Flo Rida would do a lot bigger numbers, i donīt mind his music actually. heīs a pretty good party rapper, and he seems like a nice guy which is more then i can say for most of these homo thugs.

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2009, 07:41:46 AM »
75k, that's about the same amount of individual buyers they attracted with the previous album, except that it was a double album thus the numbers were counted twice making it 156K. Fair numbers in my opinion.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

MediumL

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2009, 08:52:07 AM »
75k, that's about the same amount of individual buyers they attracted with the previous album, except that it was a double album thus the numbers were counted twice making it 156K. Fair numbers in my opinion.

i thought they stopped doing the counting a double disc album as 2 copies thing... Im sure i read that somewhere.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2009, 12:31:33 PM »

i thought they stopped doing the counting a double disc album as 2 copies thing... Im sure i read that somewhere.

Yeah me too.

kemizt

ABN

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2009, 07:07:16 AM »

Yeah me too.
well they donīt count them as 2 units on soundscan but the RIAA counts them as 2 seperate units when they certify albums. so the units on soundscan is how many they have sold in the stores thatīs counted by soundscan(soundscan donīt count most mom & pop stores and shit like that) and then the numbers are doubled by the RIAA.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2009, 07:31:12 AM »
iīm kinda dissapointed with those numbers coz UGK deserves to sell way more then that. but i thought Flo Rida would do a lot bigger numbers, i donīt mind his music actually. heīs a pretty good party rapper, and he seems like a nice guy which is more then i can say for most of these homo thugs.

i promise u if all the mom pop spots.and all the bazaars and flea markets submitted numbers..

them niggas would be over 2million sold in texas alone...everybody in texas got that album damn near..potna told mehe aint even bother puttin them hoes on the shelf..jus had the box on the counter sellin em out the box..

ABN

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2009, 03:30:14 AM »

i promise u if all the mom pop spots.and all the bazaars and flea markets submitted numbers..

them niggas would be over 2million sold in texas alone...everybody in texas got that album damn near..potna told mehe aint even bother puttin them hoes on the shelf..jus had the box on the counter sellin em out the box..

yep, and itīs the same with a shitload of artists especially from Texas coz the the independet scene has been enormous down there. i remember when Restless dropped and several sites said that the album was pretty much sold out in every store in Texas but yet it only scanned like 20k the first week. but in reality it probably sold twice as much.