Author Topic: why are all the aces having off starts?  (Read 214 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
why are all the aces having off starts?
« on: April 10, 2009, 03:13:48 PM »
C.C.
Lincy
Hammels
Lee

all the big names getting rocked, whats up? :-\

the ghost

Re: why are all the aces having off starts?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 03:21:51 PM »
Not warmed up yet:)  They are still on pitch counts, usually until 4th or 5th start.   Plus you forgot to mention Lowe, Beckett, Santana, and Peavy;)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 03:25:00 PM »
Lowe, Beckett & Johan pitched like animals! :o

Peavy, ehh not so much; so i did forget him lol.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 04:26:57 PM »
Cliff LEe had 1 good year
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

herpes

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 04:28:47 PM »
Swagtana spits on your claim

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 04:37:05 PM »
hamels looked baaaaad, worst  phillies start of the 4 games

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 04:39:01 PM »
eh hes just coming off an injury tho
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2009, 04:53:20 PM »
eh hes just coming off an injury tho

yeah but Cole at 70% is still like 5 innings of 4 hit & 1 run baseball. :P 8)

thisoneguy360

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2009, 05:00:06 PM »
Felix did just fine  8)

Jaydc555

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2009, 03:07:39 AM »
Halladay got the win but was so so

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2009, 04:42:51 PM »
It's still early to tell, Hamels is coming back from injury, Lincecum has still been recording a lot of strikeouts, and CC is experiencing playing in New York. The big thing is control, usually these guys get ahead in the counts and they become almost unhittable. The other thing is that, besides CC, these guys haven't been doing it consistently for a long time. Santana and Halladay are still dominant, to name a few. Some pitchers come out with a career year or a couple good seasons (Francisco Liriano), and then fall off.
I got a bird's eye view

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2009, 06:00:55 PM »
Lincecum will be just fine and I love Pablo, Molina and Cain but the rest of our team is TRASH

DIP DIP SET SET

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2009, 06:18:50 PM »
Lincecum will be just fine and I love Pablo, Molina and Cain but the rest of our team is TRASH
I agree, Pablo is off to a slow start, but he can rake, it's only a matter of time. Molina is good, the only problem is that he is too much of a double play liability. Our bullpen is better this year, Fred Lewis is pretty good, and Randy Winn can do just about everything. But yeah, the rest is trash. Johnson and Zito are way overpaid and past their primes, Sanchez has electric stuff but can't put it all together, and a lot of the young guys in the lineup aren't big-league ready. Also, I already hate Renteria, and Rich Aurillia is washed-up (used to be one of my favorite players). At least they didn't bring back Jose Castillo, that guy may have been one of the worst players I ever saw start a whole year.
I got a bird's eye view

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2009, 08:07:19 PM »
I agree, Pablo is off to a slow start, but he can rake, it's only a matter of time. Molina is good, the only problem is that he is too much of a double play liability. Our bullpen is better this year, Fred Lewis is pretty good, and Randy Winn can do just about everything. But yeah, the rest is trash. Johnson and Zito are way overpaid and past their primes, Sanchez has electric stuff but can't put it all together, and a lot of the young guys in the lineup aren't big-league ready. Also, I already hate Renteria, and Rich Aurillia is washed-up (used to be one of my favorite players). At least they didn't bring back Jose Castillo, that guy may have been one of the worst players I ever saw start a whole year.

LOL at me forgetting to mention Winn. dude is our best positional player!! My bad, dude is far from trash, he is an excellent player and a great defender.  I cant believe I forgot to mention Winn.  About Sanchez I am scared that he is forever going to be a guy that cant pitch as well as his stuff, the guy has amazing stuff but like you said he just cant put it all together consistently.  Yeah I hate Renteria, I was against the signing from day 1, typical Sabean, at least this will Sabeans last year ;D

I like Fred Lewis a lot but he is terrible in the outfield and he strikes out to much IMO

DIP DIP SET SET

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2009, 12:04:30 AM »
I agree with you 100% man. I damn near chucked the remote at the TV during Friday's game, they had bases loaded with no outs trailing 4-2, and Ishikawa grounded into a home and first double play, followed by a Rowand strikeout. Only the Giants can get no runs out of that situation. And again tonight, Cain gets very little run support, I'm amazed we hit 2 homers. Kershaw is a very good young pitcher, but we looked absolutely clueless, and Fred Lewis struck out all 4 AB's!! Sabean and Bochy will be gone next year, it's time for a fresh start. The biggest issue in his tenure is that none of our position players are homegrown. Out of the current roster, Sandoval and Burriss will probably be the only guys to stick, maybe Lewis will be a holdover for a while.
I got a bird's eye view