Author Topic: T.I. Speaks On New Solo Album  (Read 284 times)

Elano

T.I. Speaks On New Solo Album
« on: April 13, 2009, 04:29:41 PM »
With close to a month before Atlanta rap giant T.I. is expected to turn himself into authorities to serve a one year bid behind bars for federal gun charges, he has already started work on a new record.

Following up the platinum-plus Paper Trail, Tip’s next disc is tentatively scheduled to hit shelves in 2010. According to MTV News the ATLien has already recorded 20 tracks in preparation for his new project. While he picked up the pen for Paper Trail, Tip says he’s recording some tracks straight from his memory.

“I’m doing it half and half,” he told MTV of his writing process. “It depends on the type of record I’m doing. I have records now I did and I just went and did it like I used to, and I got some where I wrote it down. I’m not committing myself to one way or another. It’d have to be an infusion, just depending on what sort of album I want to make.” [Watch Below]

“Recording is never a problem for me,” he added. “I’m able to record any time. Through the best of times and through the worst of times, I’m still able to record. It may change the sort of song you do, but you never can tell. You never know until that moment gets there.”

In addition to his upcoming solo set, the Grand Hustle leader will also be re-releasing Paper Trail with five new songs, as well as other extra content. As of press time it is uncertain when either album will drop.

(xxl)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: T.I. Speaks On New Solo Album
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 04:31:02 PM »
just serve your time & come back with some heat.

Lunatic

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 04:32:46 PM »
hell ya 8)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 04:40:44 PM »
hell yeah. the king is coming back. i hope it's a double album.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 04:43:16 PM »
hell ya 8)

[pharrell]what's yo nammmmmmmme?[/pharrell]

its LunaTip #oneeeeeeeeeeeeeee

i say he wait...2 yrs ...get the label goin..

he got boys thats ready

dro ready
ball n mjg ready
killer mike been ready
b.o.b

get them cats out...how u gone build a buzz for a couple of these cats..n let it go... b.o.b buzz almost gone

kuz what i heard at 8ball n mjgs listenin party for that jury duty album...

man....

[/b]

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 04:43:46 PM »
I actually liked a lot of paper trail but please god I don't want to hear any fabricated songs "inspired" by his time in jail about how hard it was for him in there. If I steers clear of that concocted nonsense then all the better.

Lunatic

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 04:45:36 PM »
dro ready
ball n mjg ready
killer mike been ready
b.o.b
[/color][/b]
Tip gonna be gone for a year..in that time, BOB, Killer Mike, Drama will 100% drop..Dro i'm on the fence..fuck is up with Ball/G? they had a listening party for an album? They don't even have distribution right now..plus only put out 1 track since being signed to GH..i'm losing hope on a Ball/G record coming out on GH..

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2009, 04:51:42 PM »

Lol I have heard several songs from BOB now either solos or collabs and each time...his voice and flow are just very annoying.

Lunatic

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2009, 04:52:16 PM »

Lol I have heard several songs from BOB now either solos or collabs and each time...his voice and flow are just very annoying.
lyrically, he's the shit!

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2009, 05:01:23 PM »
dro ready
ball n mjg ready
killer mike been ready
b.o.b
[/color][/b]
Tip gonna be gone for a year..in that time, BOB, Killer Mike, Drama will 100% drop..Dro i'm on the fence..fuck is up with Ball/G? they had a listening party for an album? They don't even have distribution right now..plus only put out 1 track since being signed to GH..i'm losing hope on a Ball/G record coming out on GH..

it was on the 29th of jan ... a handfull of folks was there.. tip,dro,la b.o.b was there and a few other psc cats..only person wasnt there was mjg..

it was at eck's studio..

had like a jury theme to it.. kinda creative it was like they put the album on trial..and pass out cards with 3 choices guilty= wack, hung jury= decent and acquitted means it was dope as fuck

Lunatic

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2009, 05:03:34 PM »
dro ready
ball n mjg ready
killer mike been ready
b.o.b
[/color][/b]

it was on the 29th of jan ... a handfull of folks was there.. tip,dro,la b.o.b was there and a few other psc cats..only person wasnt there was mjg..

it was at eck's studio..

had like a jury theme to it.. kinda creative it was like they put the album on trial..and pass out cards with 3 choices guilty= wack, hung jury= decent and acquitted means it was dope as fuck

so wow, they have an album done and ready to go? wack that MJG wasn't there since its his album..

cool concept

was "Boo" on the album?

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2009, 05:10:54 PM »
dro ready
ball n mjg ready
killer mike been ready
b.o.b
[/color][/b]

it was at eck's studio..

so wow, they have an album done and ready to go? wack that MJG wasn't there since its his album..

cool concept

was "Boo" on the album?

the album was done...n the one wit ti...booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo dont nobody like u was on it

mjg was at another listenin party for it in florida...with some more people

Lunatic

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2009, 07:09:59 PM »
^i dont like "boo" at all, so cheesy..sucks 2 hear its on it

ah, dope

what kind of guests/production did u hear on it?

Smash1

• Lil Geezy
  • Im A Pimp Around Texas
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2009, 07:11:09 PM »
TI sux im sry but i just dont like hims as a rapper

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2009, 11:50:28 AM »
^i dont like "boo" at all, so cheesy..sucks 2 hear its on it

ah, dope

what kind of guests/production did u hear on it?

all remember really was ti, a dude that sounded like yelawolf ( from thugga's i run) and lloyd..

i think homegirl still has her jury card where she voted on the album wit