Author Topic: So I spent the night in Jail for asking cops why my brother was in handcuffs...  (Read 1339 times)

acgrundy

well I would have thought we would have heard the outcome by now since he was updating from the courtroom yesterday...

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

well I would have thought we would have heard the outcome by now since he was updating from the courtroom yesterday...

cant imagine much is gonna come outta this anyways.  He was accused of delaying a police investigation on a suspect who wasnt even arrested lol  Unless he's got some serious priors...this wont be anything major at all.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

E-Crazy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • E-Crazy
:-) - I'll update later on tonight but I'm free!!

Sikotic™

That's what I figured, man. Like I said, it should of never went to court.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Our tax money went to that shit lol
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

acgrundy

That is, the people who actually pay taxes.  I have paid income taxes since I was 17.  There are a lot of people who don't pay income taxes, including, I"m sure, a lot of people on this forum.

E-Crazy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • E-Crazy

That is, the people who actually pay taxes.  I have paid income taxes since I was 17.  There are a lot of people who don't pay income taxes, including, I"m sure, a lot of people on this forum.

yup, it costs $1k a day to try a trial.

So here's the final update on this:
I went in hung over as fuck, and I quit smoking but I needed a blunt before I went up in there, so I smoked, it calmed me down, and made me feel a little better, so I waited til they finally reached a verdict
I was found Guilty by the Jury, a jury where no one was younger than 30, 2 hispanic, 1 black and 9 white older people who were all over 50.
This was at about 10:30am
I was immediately taken back into holding and my sentencing hearing was set to be at 1:30pm
While I was going back there the bailiff said I might have had a chance if I had someone younger in my jury, or at least had more color in my jury. I asked him if he believed me and what I said he said yeah, but It wasn't up to him, I had to convince those 12 people.

So I waited, I called my girl up in there ($25 a call!!)
I just talked to her about anything and everything, I was next to some crackheads and then they moved me into my own cell later on. The whole time I was more in shock, and angry that I was found guilty, my girl was with my dad, and my mom and family wanted to come down, as well as some of my friends wanted to come down to see me and say something on my behalf, I said yeah, whatever, what can I do now?

so I waited, and waited, til about 3:45pm - then they called me in - First thing I see is my mom, ballin, that's when things really hit me and I was like "oh shit, im about to go in for a minute" - I felt like crying too, man I don't know what kinda stress and hardship I was putting on my mom and dad, what they were going to do without me working and just being at home. My best friends were also there with their ladies, my girl was there, she looked more angry than nervous, It was nerve wrecking as fuck.
The judge then called me up and my friend juan came up and spoke on behalf of everyone there. He told the judge I was a good guy, never been in trouble before, and that I had no bad intent, all I was doing was looking out for my family. He said awesome things, how I went to school, graduated, how I take care of my nephews, how I am the primary monetary provider at home, and so on. He had my back.

Then the judge spoke, he said he was very surprised at the verdict and that he really didn't believe I was at fault, but unfortunately it wasn't up to him, and that's how the law works in America. he talked about how I was against three white officers and they all had conflicting stories, and he brought up that I could have taken a lesser sentence almost a year ago but I was persistent and he saw that I was going at it because I believed I did nothing wrong, and I never missed a court date and I wasn't ever late. I was never disrespectful and he saw that it was in the heat in the moment and that due to the circumstances he could see how I could have done what I did and that if he was in those circumstances (seeing my bro getting slammed to the ground) he would have maybe done the same thing. he brought up that I had no priors, and basically everything my friend juan said - then the prosecutor said she wouldn't object to having my sentence to the original plea deal she offered last year (which is 10 days tree farm and $160 fine, plus 3 years summary probation) - he said he would agree to that and then sentenced me just that. I was then released right after at around 4pm. as soon as I finish the 10 days and pay the fine I can get off probation, so I'm going to try and get that done in the next month, and then have this expunged from my record.

So yeah, im still in kinda shocked at what happend and the outcome of the whole thing, but I can't really complain, im not in jail, im out, and I stood up for what I believed was right. I have the best friends and family ever though, they had my back and believed me and never doubted me.
But yeah, im out, we celebrated, and this is just another chapter in my life that has turned and now onto other stuff.

universe

I GUESS WE ALL NEED A HIGH PRICED ATTORNEY TO CONVINCE THOSE 12 FCKS.

CAN YOU APPEAL ?

ikke

Your country is even more fucked then mine =/

Sikotic™

SMH @ the verdict
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

2010-thefuture

gives him a round of applause.............. ;)

Muhfukka

hahahaha wow back at square one. that fuckin sucks man

2010-thefuture

well shit man........... >:(

acgrundy

well man at least the judge was sensible.  Unlike the jurors.  this is a prime example of how flawed a jury trial is, just in case you needed another example.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
damn thats crazy what a wack system the judge was against them but he cant change the rulin....lol at the jurors havin a more important and more authority than the judge who gets paid mad bank....damn thats the system for ya
what happened to your brother tho? lol
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.