Author Topic: How many of you went to Paid Dues yesterday?  (Read 271 times)

Eric - Dubcnn.com

How many of you went to Paid Dues yesterday?
« on: April 08, 2012, 01:25:24 PM »
It was pretty cool, minus the security.

DeeezNuuuts83

Re: How many of you went to Paid Dues yesterday?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 08:14:27 PM »
Did any battlers from Grind Time take stage? I remember some of them being there last year and rapping... I think it was Dizaster, Real Deal, Johnny Storm and maybe one other person I cant remember.

Dikteta Dax

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 11:01:03 PM »
I'm mad I didn't hit that shit, couldn't get anyone to go with me.  Wasn't trying to mob by myself all the way to the i.e from la.  Wanted to see dipset, odd future, topdawg and blackcloud perform...

Eric - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 09:07:32 AM »
Did any battlers from Grind Time take stage? I remember some of them being there last year and rapping... I think it was Dizaster, Real Deal, Johnny Storm and maybe one other person I cant remember.

I think so, but I didn't really get to check too much due to I was being harassed by security.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 09:55:09 AM »

I think so, but I didn't really get to check too much due to I was being harassed by security.
What was the issue?  Trying to sneak weed in or something?

Anyway, I just looked it up, apparently from Grind Time, this year it was Dirtbag Dan (from Stockton), Isaac (don't know him), Johnny Storm and Real Talk (don't know him either, unless they meant Real Deal and fucked up).  It's not a battle rap lineup I'd have looked forward to.

On that note, a lot of Grind Time guys have gone elsewhere (as a lot of the Grind Time East Coast guys went to Smack/URL and some of the others have ventured to King of the Dot), and supposedly Dizaster (from L.A.) is going to battle Canibus onstage this summer.

Eric - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 02:22:56 PM »

What was the issue?  Trying to sneak weed in or something?

Anyway, I just looked it up, apparently from Grind Time, this year it was Dirtbag Dan (from Stockton), Isaac (don't know him), Johnny Storm and Real Talk (don't know him either, unless they meant Real Deal and fucked up).  It's not a battle rap lineup I'd have looked forward to.

On that note, a lot of Grind Time guys have gone elsewhere (as a lot of the Grind Time East Coast guys went to Smack/URL and some of the others have ventured to King of the Dot), and supposedly Dizaster (from L.A.) is going to battle Canibus onstage this summer.

Nah, just real tense. Kept having issues about clearances. I missed a lot of the performances in between arguing with the guards and being sick.