Author Topic: Rick Ross Interview: The Thoughts Of a Boss  (Read 647 times)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Rick Ross Interview: The Thoughts Of a Boss
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2009, 03:56:04 PM »
Am I the only one who noticed his arrogance?

kemizt

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2009, 05:49:54 PM »
Good interview.  Kept it real professional.

So, Lunatic, I'm interested in your opinion.  What's your take on the beef?  Who do you think won or is winning?  If your opinion changed, how did you view Ross pre-beef and post-beef?
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Jaydc555

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2009, 06:30:41 PM »
He's in serious denial 50 has totally destroyed him in this beef.and of course the album will sell over 150 k its on def jam they will make sure of that even if they have to buy 100 k of those albums

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2009, 07:04:57 PM »
Big props on the Rick Ross interview.. Big name, good questions and a good read.

With all these dope interviews... Lunatic should be the one we call BOSS!!!!

Lunatic

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2009, 07:12:23 PM »

So, Lunatic, I'm interested in your opinion.  What's your take on the beef?  Who do you think won or is winning?  If your opinion changed, how did you view Ross pre-beef and post-beef?
I'll be honest. I think it's pretty even. As safe as that sounds, I really think so. 50's stuff has been HILARIOUS but "Mafia Music" (if u wanna call it a diss) is the best diss so far. I truly believe to properly win a beef without any argument, you need to put a halt to that man's mainstream career, meaning we need to see a slide in record sales (it's a mainstream point of view, but it is mine). We can go back and forth all day on which disses are better, but the proof is in the #s. Example: how Lil Flip went 2X platinum and then beefed with T.I. and sold 40K first week on the next album. Can 50 stop Ross from selling? I don't think so. Will see soon that Ross will do big #s. Can Ross stop 50 from selling? I don't think so. Call it a safe opinion, but I think this is pretty even.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2009, 07:51:00 PM »

I'll be honest. I think it's pretty even. As safe as that sounds, I really think so. 50's stuff has been HILARIOUS but "Mafia Music" (if u wanna call it a diss) is the best diss so far. I truly believe to properly win a beef without any argument, you need to put a halt to that man's mainstream career, meaning we need to see a slide in record sales (it's a mainstream point of view, but it is mine). We can go back and forth all day on which disses are better, but the proof is in the #s. Example: how Lil Flip went 2X platinum and then beefed with T.I. and sold 40K first week on the next album. Can 50 stop Ross from selling? I don't think so. Will see soon that Ross will do big #s. Can Ross stop 50 from selling? I don't think so. Call it a safe opinion, but I think this is pretty even.

logical fallacy

i dont see what winning a beef and sales have to do with one another

and really, flip killed flip, tis just given credit and i dont know why. people buy albums for music not out of loyalty (well... stans do out of loyalty)

The Watcher

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2009, 07:51:22 PM »
Rick Ross: Yeah – he’s a monkey that can’t dress. His music is no longer hot. I feel great being the one that defeated him.

what? this guy is delusional
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Jaydc555

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2009, 07:51:22 PM »
Lloyd banks track was by far the best diss track to come out the beef which isn't surprising because he's on the only emcee.tia told me > mafia music.I don't know how anyone can't think 50 isn't winning.Ross has become a laughing stock.

Lunatic

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2009, 08:08:02 PM »

logical fallacy

and really, flip killed flip, tis just given credit and i dont know why. people buy albums for music not out of loyalty (well... stans do out of loyalty)
beef is a popularity contest..the proof is in the pudding or this case, the #s...it's the industry way of thinking

and lol..T.I.'s disses murdered flip..

stillinrehab

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2009, 08:13:58 PM »
I like the way you said that about it being even... Entertainment wise and resource wise 50 won all out... but best diss and the fact that he will still sell decent for these times makes me agree with you... We all know Ross is a bit delusional but his beats have made a very listenable album much to my own surprise I have to admit!

Lunatic

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2009, 08:16:24 PM »
I like the way you said that about it being even... Entertainment wise and resource wise 50 won all out... but best diss and the fact that he will still sell decent for these times makes me agree with you... We all know Ross is a bit delusional but his beats have made a very listenable album much to my own surprise I have to admit!
exactly..i know what i'm talking about..ppl think ross ain't gonna sell..quote me on it..he'll sell very well..the streets/south support Ross..the album is great..

last time he dropped most ppl (even me) said "damn ross goin head-to-head with Snoop" and what happened? he beat out Snoop! That made me a believer he wasn't no 1 hit wonder..this album should sell 160K first week at the least and 600-800K overall..

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2009, 08:25:45 PM »

logical fallacy

beef is a popularity contest..the proof is in the pudding or this case, the #s...it's the industry way of thinking

and lol..T.I.'s disses murdered flip..

True about TI's disses but on the real people were getting sick of Flip already. Same with the 50/Ja Rule beef.

Lunatic

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2009, 08:26:42 PM »
^for real, it was no contest.."Jackin for Beats" was THE SHIT :o

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2009, 08:36:01 PM »
I still give 50 his due for the work he put it on Ja, and that is why I always check sales. Because 50 ALWAYS makes a point to bring sales into beef and make it relevant in the beef. So if I go by 50's analogy, yes I am looking at Rick Ross' sales and things that in other beefs that don't matter to see if all that shit talking made a impact.

50's beefs other than Ja almost never involve music. It is more shit talking, finding damaging info and quoting soundscan. And cartoons lol. Comical as fuck.

Lunatic

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2009, 08:37:17 PM »
I always check sales. Because 50 ALWAYS makes a point to bring sales into beef and make it relevant in the beef. So if I go by 50's analogy, yes I am looking at Rick Ross' sales and things that in other beefs that don't matter to see if all that shit talking made a impact.
good point. didnt even think of that. so true though.