Author Topic: "Cleveland to me is really not that good" - Tracy McGrady  (Read 894 times)

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
"Cleveland to me is really not that good" - Tracy McGrady
« on: April 20, 2009, 10:43:01 PM »
He’s lead the league in scoring twice and he’s a 7-time All-Star but he made a huge boo boo when he was on the verge of escaping the first round for the first time.  In ‘01 as a member of the Magic, McGrady declared the series over when Orlando took a 3-1 lead on Detroit.  It was over… in 7 as the Pistons came back and made The Mac eat his words.  His career numbers make his playoff fates astonishing (0 for 7 in the first round).  It would be bittersweet for him if the Rockets advance, but it would be a great thing for Yao - another guy yet to see the 2nd round.  Tracy McGrady joined 790 The Zone to discuss how determined he is to come back, his pick for the finals, and the most difficult player to guard.

On his drive to recover:

“Man, you have no idea, ’cause I was just talking to my man today.  I’m foaming out the mouth right now, I’m tellin’ ya.  I’m foaming right now.  I’ve been hurting for two years but I’m on it right now, I’m grinding.  And, you know, I’m just ready.  I’m gonna get there.  All’s I need for my knee to respond like I want to and the rest gonna take care of itself.  I proved I can play in this league, I just gotta stay healthy and that’s what I’m pushing to do.”

His pick for the title:

“Lakers.  (Host: That easy, again?)  It’s no knock on Cleveland, I think Cleveland’s gonna get there… Cleveland to me is really not that good.  If you take what the Celtics did last year… You knew, they were either gonna get to the finals, or they were gonna win it.  You can’t really say the same thing about the Cavaliers.  Although, they had the best record in the league this year, a lot of people like, ‘Okay, they havin’ a great year, but we don’t know if they can win the championship.’  They really didn’t do anything on the road with the elite teams in the league, they lost, they had a bad record when they went to face the elite teams in the league.  I think they’re a good team, but I don’t they’re ready to take the next step.”

The toughest player to stop:

“No doubt.  Kobe.  No doubt.  The man is just a fierce competitor, he tries to rip your heart out no matter who he plays night in and night out.  ‘Bron is one of them guys, he gets buckets, but he also is an unselfish player.  Kobe?  Nah.  He trying to take your heart.  He gonna get it.  And, he’s gonna shoot 30 or 35 times to get it.”

http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2009/04/20/tracy-mcgrady-is-foaming-at-the-mouth/

Kool Beenz

Re: "Cleveland to me is really not that good" - Tracy McGrady
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 10:45:29 PM »
fuck TMAc i cant wait until Rockets get rid of his ass

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 10:47:50 PM »
I find it humorous that he picked the Lakers to win it all over his own team.

I appreciate T-Mac's confidence in the Lakers, I'm a bit hesitant to embrace his support though. The dude is like the #1 jinx of the decade.

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 12:34:54 AM »
what a moron

DIP DIP SET SET

LB_RA1D3R

• Lil Geezy
  • SickSide Army!!
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 12:43:17 AM »

I find it humorous that he picked the Lakers to win it all over his own team.

I appreciate T-Mac's confidence in the Lakers, I'm a bit hesitant to embrace his support though. The dude is like the #1 jinx of the decade.

Haha Hope he's right on that one

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 01:15:24 AM »
T-Mac knows whatsup.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 04:35:41 AM »
But him saying Cleveland is not that good :o :loco: Well they did get the best record, they can get past the 1st round & McGrady can't.  Players should not be forced to talk to the media.  Not just because the media is evil, but the players say the stupidest things.

PLANT

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 05:18:51 AM »
what a douche

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 06:05:48 AM »
last year McGrady said the 2007-08 Celtics were the best defense he's ever seen

dude knows what he's talking about
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

thisoneguy360

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 09:16:59 AM »
Most of what he said was true

'EclipZe

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2009, 10:28:34 AM »

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2009, 12:10:50 PM »

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2009, 01:56:39 PM »
they must have him on some serious meds...
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2009, 03:39:19 PM »
Good job of not picking his own team to win. I think it would be very entertaining if they took the whole thing without him, especially after he said this. I usually like people speaking their minds, but he should have picked his own team.
I got a bird's eye view

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2009, 03:47:43 PM »
hating on LeBron? ???

i mean, he can pick the Lakers to win; but why mention Cleveland isnt good (to him)?