Author Topic: Re: 2Pacforum hidden projects info!  (Read 67624 times)

JohnnyL

Re: 2Pacforum hidden projects info!
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2009, 10:56:35 AM »
I guess i don't understand the extreme hate for these people.  As you can tell by the leaked forum posts, they are putting in work by going to Sam Sneed and Big D and Nuttso and other people and prying the songs from them and paying them a lot to get them.  With the songs in Amaru's hands, they'll never see the light of day.

The way I looked at it, I thought it was good to have these guys around selling their projects to people, because i knew full well one day they'd all leak, and we'd get them eventually.  The more people who had them, the bigger the chance of a leak. 

I know this ain't a popular viewpoint, but let's face it, if it wasn't for Dante and these guys, "Immortal" would probably still be sitting in Sam Sneed's storage somewhere and probably would have never been heard.  Amaru wasn't ever going to release it, not in OG anyway, so at least they put it some work to get that song out there.  And they are taking extreme legal risks by doing this, as now they got busted.  I know i'd never try it.  I'm kind of indifferent towards these people, if they want to go through all the trouble and do this stuff for new 2pac stuff, then so be it.  I never bought it, never would, but if some people want to, that's cool too.

Same with the Crooked I project.  People should have just kept their mouths shut, paid up if they wanted it, if not, moved on.  The more people that would have got that Crooked I album, the better chance it would have had of leaking.  Instead of 20 or 30 people having it, we're back to 2 or 3 people having it, a lot less of a chance it's going to leak that way.  If many people had it, all it would take is for one of them to get mad at the other and then 'leak' it as retaliation, which as we've seen, has happened quite a bit over the years. 

I understand what you're saying.  But at the same time, nothing had leaked since "Paper and Pen."  It seems as though Dante's level system had worked well enough that hardly anyone was even aware that these tracks they had obtained were even in their hands.  And being that most of this stuff was only being traded back and forth to a handful of people, it's unlikely that it would have leaked.  At least, not for a very long time.  Personally, I don't really have anything against bootlegging, per se.  It's more the secrecy and misdirection.  Plus, it's pretty shading to sell downgraded versions of some tracks to certain people, and then sell the "real" versions of the tracks to others, for the same price.  Maybe they felt this level of secrecy was necessary to avoid leaks.  But I think at the amount they were charging and the limited number of people that had access to actually buy it, this operation would have eventually imploded anyway.  Not to mention the bazillion copywrite laws flagrantly being broken.

Yeah, the level thing seemed to work pretty well for them, but really, if you bought their projects, in 15 years say, i bet someone would be willing to resell/leak them.  We all move on and get involved in different things.  I think that these rare pac songs might not mean as much to some people 15 years from now as they do now, they might be on to other things and could care less if they piss off the "2pac scene".  Granted, it might take a long time, but you know, at least the way things stood, there was a chance songs would leak.  I knew stuff was happening on the underground over the years, so I always have held out hope eventually we'd get more pac songs.  Which we seem to do, we usually get around 5 new Pac joints every year from different places.  Now if these guys are all done, that puts the songs 100% in control of Amaru, no chance of them evey leaking now.  Now the copyright thing is a whole other issue, but really, if you've downloaded any song off these forums, other than promotional stuff, you're just as guilty as them as far as copyrights go.

Yeah.  You're right.  After enough time things would have undoubtedly leaked.  That's just the way things go.  So and so lets so and so borrow a cd and he lets someone borrow the same cd and eventually things end up on the net.  I have no doubt that would have eventually happened.  It's just a matter of how long would that take.  I agree with you on the copywrite thing too.  Personally, I have no moral objection to putting music up for download.  And personally, I would not have reported these people to Unviersal for what they did.  But at the same time, if they really did rip people off, I can understand other people doing this for revenge.  Maybe it wasn't the right thing.  But it's definately an understandable thing.  Not the way I would have handled it.  But here again, I think the way you treat people often has some bearing on the way you are treated.

Ridah662

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2009, 11:00:06 AM »
I guess i don't understand the extreme hate for these people.  As you can tell by the leaked forum posts, they are putting in work by going to Sam Sneed and Big D and Nuttso and other people and prying the songs from them and paying them a lot to get them.  With the songs in Amaru's hands, they'll never see the light of day.

The way I looked at it, I thought it was good to have these guys around selling their projects to people, because i knew full well one day they'd all leak, and we'd get them eventually.  The more people who had them, the bigger the chance of a leak. 

I know this ain't a popular viewpoint, but let's face it, if it wasn't for Dante and these guys, "Immortal" would probably still be sitting in Sam Sneed's storage somewhere and probably would have never been heard.  Amaru wasn't ever going to release it, not in OG anyway, so at least they put it some work to get that song out there.  And they are taking extreme legal risks by doing this, as now they got busted.  I know i'd never try it.  I'm kind of indifferent towards these people, if they want to go through all the trouble and do this stuff for new 2pac stuff, then so be it.  I never bought it, never would, but if some people want to, that's cool too.

Same with the Crooked I project.  People should have just kept their mouths shut, paid up if they wanted it, if not, moved on.  The more people that would have got that Crooked I album, the better chance it would have had of leaking.  Instead of 20 or 30 people having it, we're back to 2 or 3 people having it, a lot less of a chance it's going to leak that way.  If many people had it, all it would take is for one of them to get mad at the other and then 'leak' it as retaliation, which as we've seen, has happened quite a bit over the years. 

I understand what you're saying.  But at the same time, nothing had leaked since "Paper and Pen."  It seems as though Dante's level system had worked well enough that hardly anyone was even aware that these tracks they had obtained were even in their hands.  And being that most of this stuff was only being traded back and forth to a handful of people, it's unlikely that it would have leaked.  At least, not for a very long time.  Personally, I don't really have anything against bootlegging, per se.  It's more the secrecy and misdirection.  Plus, it's pretty shading to sell downgraded versions of some tracks to certain people, and then sell the "real" versions of the tracks to others, for the same price.  Maybe they felt this level of secrecy was necessary to avoid leaks.  But I think at the amount they were charging and the limited number of people that had access to actually buy it, this operation would have eventually imploded anyway.  Not to mention the bazillion copywrite laws flagrantly being broken.

Yeah, the level thing seemed to work pretty well for them, but really, if you bought their projects, in 15 years say, i bet someone would be willing to resell/leak them.  We all move on and get involved in different things.  I think that these rare pac songs might not mean as much to some people 15 years from now as they do now, they might be on to other things and could care less if they piss off the "2pac scene".  Granted, it might take a long time, but you know, at least the way things stood, there was a chance songs would leak.  I knew stuff was happening on the underground over the years, so I always have held out hope eventually we'd get more pac songs.  Which we seem to do, we usually get around 5 new Pac joints every year from different places.  Now if these guys are all done, that puts the songs 100% in control of Amaru, no chance of them evey leaking now.  Now the copyright thing is a whole other issue, but really, if you've downloaded any song off these forums, other than promotional stuff, you're just as guilty as them as far as copyrights go.

Yeah.  You're right.  After enough time things would have undoubtedly leaked.  That's just the way things go.  So and so lets so and so borrow a cd and he lets someone borrow the same cd and eventually things end up on the net.  I have no doubt that would have eventually happened.  It's just a matter of how long would that take.  I agree with you on the copywrite thing too.  Personally, I have no moral objection to putting music up for download.  And personally, I would not have reported these people to Unviersal for what they did.  But at the same time, if they really did rip people off, I can understand other people doing this for revenge.  Maybe it wasn't the right thing.  But it's definately an understandable thing.  Not the way I would have handled it.  But here again, I think the way you treat people often has some bearing on the way you are treated.

well said nigga, it's pretty simple if you gonna treat your costumer like shyt, u gonna suffer the consequences.

KingNicholas

• 'G'
« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2009, 11:22:11 AM »
also noticed no one nation project, guess they were bullshitting or sold this privately with no info posted on their forum.

I noticed that too.  But I also noticed in the reading that they listed "How Many Shots Will it Take" as being a "One Nation" track.  I can remember them saying publicly that this was not the case, before.  I guess this was another example of spreading false information to confuse people.  This has always been a point of frustration for me.  Because not only have the remaining "One Nation" tracks not leaked.  But we have never been given confirmation by people in the know, about what tracks are actually supposed to appear on their.  I guess we can add "How Many Shots..." back into the list of "One Nation" tracks.
Dude I don't think How Many Shots is a One Nation track just because Rondo was on it. Rondo's the guy on the last verse, but unless he was around them during the One Nation days, which I highly doubt he was, then I think its a post-pac's death song.

JohnnyL

« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2009, 11:27:59 AM »
also noticed no one nation project, guess they were bullshitting or sold this privately with no info posted on their forum.

I noticed that too.  But I also noticed in the reading that they listed "How Many Shots Will it Take" as being a "One Nation" track.  I can remember them saying publicly that this was not the case, before.  I guess this was another example of spreading false information to confuse people.  This has always been a point of frustration for me.  Because not only have the remaining "One Nation" tracks not leaked.  But we have never been given confirmation by people in the know, about what tracks are actually supposed to appear on their.  I guess we can add "How Many Shots..." back into the list of "One Nation" tracks.
Dude I don't think How Many Shots is a One Nation track just because Rondo was on it. Rondo's the guy on the last verse, but unless he was around them during the One Nation days, which I highly doubt he was, then I think its a post-pac's death song.

I don't know.  You might be right.  That's what Dante and them were saying as well, at first.  But then, during this private correspondence, it appears that Dante was saying that it is a "One Nation" track.  I would just like to get confirmation once and for all what tracks were made for this album.  Someone has to know, right?  Shouldn't someone at Duck Down be able to confirm which tracks were made for this album?  I mean, they were there for crying out loud.  I know there might not be a confirmed finalized tracklist, but they should be able to identify at least which tracks were recorded during those sessions.  I would like to know which tracks, both leaked and unleaked, were meant to be on the album.

itzmurda

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #79 on: April 29, 2009, 11:35:25 AM »
I guess i don't understand the extreme hate for these people. 

They are scammers and liars.

The main selling point of the Evolution set was that it was unaltered/not degraded. But he degraded it anyway after charging the public $300 (who bought it on the basis it was untouched).

Original evo description:

Presenting the long awaited OG bootleg reissue set, entitled 2Pac: Evolution. This set represents a history of tracks that have leaked from late 1996 up through today, all in exceptional sources and quality. The mission of this project is not to offer the "best" remasters (a subjective assessment based on one's own preferences and hinging upon the technology of the day), 2Pac: Evolution is designed to present to you every available leaked song without all of the generational re-encoding and editing that continues even today. Listen to each song knowing that it’s from the source, and not a bootleg of a bootleg of a bootleg.

In light of the recent posting of court documents showing how 2pac's music inventory was cataloged and stored at Death Row, we have re-constructed the four DAT tapes as possible. Interestingly most of that content came to us in that same order. In subsequent discs we have worked hard to create logical tracklistings, and kept related songs (both in terms of how and when we obtained them and in regard to playback quality) together either within tracklists or as individual discs. Organizationally the set makes a lot of sense, and again, the quality of even the worst sounding tape rips is night and day better than what’s available on youtube, imeem, or most forums. It is noteworthy that we have made effort not to overlap this project onto past projects too much, so for a fully complete set the end user will have to purchase or already own the Thug Life Demo, Paper N Pen, Free 2Pac and Sessions releases. This project ships in a very professional 12-disc capacity hard plastic shelled case, full color covers, and thermal pressed discs (these are not CD-Rs with Sharpie writing on them).

We have worked very hard to ensure this set is as complete as possible, and new-coming and long-time collectors alike can buy the set and know that they have the original material before it was degraded, shortened, or otherwise altered. There are many treats tucked away in the set, such as the original tape rip of Friends - which all other versions came from. This definitive set truly reflects Pac’s evolution as an artist and his prolific nature in producing 12 discs worth of non-retail material. Support of this project may also result in an invitation to participate in future exciting projects!

then his convo where he admits to degrading it to 192kbps (which he later sent in pm to glitt):

9:12:23 PM mindblowin03: hey Dante
9:12:33 PM Dante: hey. got the payment.
9:12:41 PM mindblowin03: cool
9:12:48 PM mindblowin03: quick question if you have a minute
9:12:56 PM Dante: shoot
9:13:30 PM mindblowin03: couple things.. am I gonna have to wait the 1 month for checkup until Evolution ships?
9:13:42 PM Dante: it will ship in a couple weeks
9:13:47 PM mindblowin03: ok
9:13:50 PM mindblowin03: one more thing...
9:14:58 PM mindblowin03: I have the RM series 1-4 and the Tupac & DR vids as well, but all of them(except RM4) are just plain CD cases... when you sell them nowadays do they come with the good cases?
9:15:32 PM Dante: normal dvd cases
9:15:37 PM mindblowin03: I see there are front and back covers on the site... but I got them way back when and I dont think there were
9:15:45 PM Dante: yeah those are somewhat new
9:16:04 PM Dante: if you want, email me the list of covers you need and i will include them
9:16:08 PM Dante: dantebenz@gmail.com
9:16:18 PM mindblowin03: oh man, that would be great
9:16:25 PM mindblowin03: Ill do that right now... thanks man
9:17:19 PM Dante: let me tell you some things first...
9:17:27 PM mindblowin03: sure
9:17:29 PM Dante: you bought born busy?
9:17:35 PM mindblowin03: yes
9:18:01 PM Dante: so what level projects can you see?
9:18:10 PM mindblowin03: on the site? lemme check
9:19:14 PM mindblowin03: when i click on projects I see all red X's in the boxes but I can see them all except level 8
9:19:31 PM mindblowin03: sorry, there is no red X in level 6 for me
9:19:51 PM mindblowin03: then there is no level 7 and I have nothing in level 8
9:19:53 PM Dante: can you see level 3?
9:20:06 PM Dante: like inside the forum
9:20:07 PM mindblowin03: yes, RM4 and BB projects
9:20:12 PM Dante: k and 4?
9:20:38 PM mindblowin03: they are locked but I can click and read anyways
9:20:46 PM Dante: ok...
9:21:03 PM Dante: so here's where i'm going with this... i know you are thc but a little behind
9:21:12 PM Dante: there is a thc version of evolution that is better
9:21:13 PM mindblowin03: yes, I know
9:21:30 PM mindblowin03: yeah, I was trying to find the link tonight but there are like 3 or 4 different links in there for it
9:21:48 PM Dante: it's in the level 6
9:22:02 PM Dante: but there's a level between where you're at and level 6
9:22:03 PM mindblowin03: yeah
9:22:12 PM mindblowin03: ahhh, gotcha
9:22:17 PM mindblowin03: what do I need for that?
9:22:28 PM Dante: Hip Hop Forums • Index page
9:22:32 PM Dante: you can see the threads here?
9:22:51 PM Dante: it's pretty expensive
9:22:54 PM mindblowin03: they both have a lock on them but when I click them I can read inside
9:23:28 PM Dante: so what i was thinking is that if you want to get evolution thc version and maybe get the koch stuff later on that should be ok
9:23:49 PM Dante: but the forum for evolution thc won't be open to you because it's a leveling issue you know
9:23:55 PM mindblowin03: do I need to get both eventually or just the Koch project?
9:24:11 PM Dante: normally you'd have to get the koch first and evo second
9:24:16 PM mindblowin03: yeah
9:24:22 PM Dante: but koch is pretty steep so i appreciate that
9:24:45 PM mindblowin03: yeah
9:24:52 PM Dante: i sent a guy at koch a personal check for $10k and we're not quite even yet so the price is still high
9:25:08 PM mindblowin03: honestly, Id love to just get it now but wont be able to
9:25:17 PM Dante: yeah i can appreciate that
9:25:30 PM mindblowin03: but I will soon... things have been good for me lately financially.. thats why Im catching up on this now
9:25:34 PM Dante: so i can send you the thc evolution if you want... it's the same as public but has more
9:25:45 PM mindblowin03: yeah, I seen it has a bit extra
9:25:58 PM mindblowin03: Id love that... that would be awesome of you to work with me on this
9:26:01 PM Dante: and actually the public was encoded to 192 once to help define the diff
9:26:13 PM Dante: but they don't need to know that =P

9:26:21 PM mindblowin03: lol, gotcha
9:26:46 PM Dante: can you see the thc evo thread?
9:26:56 PM Dante: Hip Hop Forums • Index page
9:27:18 PM mindblowin03: yeah
9:27:38 PM mindblowin03: level 5 is all a prank correct?
9:27:44 PM Dante: k. so it's $50 more if that's not a problem.
9:27:45 PM Dante: yeah
9:28:14 PM mindblowin03: oh, sorry.. $350 for the thc version?
9:28:17 PM Dante: yeah
9:28:22 PM mindblowin03: gotcha
9:28:27 PM mindblowin03: Ill send that over right now
9:29:25 PM Dante: k. sorry i can't open the evo forum to you but it builds on the koch one so it's not possible the way we have it set up.
9:29:26 PM mindblowin03: sending it now.. hold a sec
9:29:37 PM mindblowin03: no no, thats cool... I understand

since the bolded parts are kid of hard to make out:

2Pac: Evolution is designed to present to you every available leaked song without all of the generational re-encoding and editing that continues even today. Listen to each song knowing that it’s from the source, and not a bootleg of a bootleg of a bootleg.
buy the set and know that they have the original material before it was degraded, shortened, or otherwise altered.

9:26:01 PM Dante: and actually the public was encoded to 192 once to help define the diff

If I paid $300 for the degraded set he claimed was unaltered, I would definitely track him down...
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 11:39:43 AM by itzmurda »

JohnnyL

« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2009, 11:52:31 AM »

The main selling point of the Evolution set was that it was unaltered/not degraded. But he degraded it anyway after charging the public $300 (who bought it on the basis it was untouched).

Presenting the long awaited OG bootleg reissue set, entitled 2Pac: Evolution. This set represents a history of tracks that have leaked from late 1996 up through today, all in exceptional sources and quality. The mission of this project is not to offer the "best" remasters (a subjective assessment based on one's own preferences and hinging upon the technology of the day), 2Pac: Evolution is designed to present to you every available leaked song without all of the generational re-encoding and editing that continues even today. Listen to each song knowing that it’s from the source, and not a bootleg of a bootleg of a bootleg.

In light of the recent posting of court documents showing how 2pac's music inventory was cataloged and stored at Death Row, we have re-constructed the four DAT tapes as possible. Interestingly most of that content came to us in that same order. In subsequent discs we have worked hard to create logical tracklistings, and kept related songs (both in terms of how and when we obtained them and in regard to playback quality) together either within tracklists or as individual discs. Organizationally the set makes a lot of sense, and again, the quality of even the worst sounding tape rips is night and day better than what’s available on youtube, imeem, or most forums. It is noteworthy that we have made effort not to overlap this project onto past projects too much, so for a fully complete set the end user will have to purchase or already own the Thug Life Demo, Paper N Pen, Free 2Pac and Sessions releases. This project ships in a very professional 12-disc capacity hard plastic shelled case, full color covers, and thermal pressed discs (these are not CD-Rs with Sharpie writing on them).

We have worked very hard to ensure this set is as complete as possible, and new-coming and long-time collectors alike can buy the set and know that they have the original material before it was degraded, shortened, or otherwise altered. There are many treats tucked away in the set, such as the original tape rip of Friends - which all other versions came from. This definitive set truly reflects Pac’s evolution as an artist and his prolific nature in producing 12 discs worth of non-retail material. Support of this project may also result in an invitation to participate in future exciting projects!

then his convo where he admits to degrading it to 192kbps (which he later sent in pm to glitt):

9:13:30 PM mindblowin03: couple things.. am I gonna have to wait the 1 month for checkup until Evolution ships?
9:14:58 PM mindblowin03: I have the RM series 1-4 and the Tupac & DR vids as well, but all of them(except RM4) are just plain CD cases... when you sell them nowadays do they come with the good cases?
9:15:37 PM mindblowin03: I see there are front and back covers on the site... but I got them way back when and I dont think there were
9:16:04 PM Dante: if you want, email me the list of covers you need and i will include them
9:19:14 PM mindblowin03: when i click on projects I see all red X's in the boxes but I can see them all except level 8
9:21:03 PM Dante: so here's where i'm going with this... i know you are thc but a little behind
9:21:30 PM mindblowin03: yeah, I was trying to find the link tonight but there are like 3 or 4 different links in there for it
9:22:54 PM mindblowin03: they both have a lock on them but when I click them I can read inside
9:23:28 PM Dante: so what i was thinking is that if you want to get evolution thc version and maybe get the koch stuff later on that should be ok
9:23:49 PM Dante: but the forum for evolution thc won't be open to you because it's a leveling issue you know
9:23:55 PM mindblowin03: do I need to get both eventually or just the Koch project?
9:24:52 PM Dante: i sent a guy at koch a personal check for $10k and we're not quite even yet so the price is still high
9:25:08 PM mindblowin03: honestly, Id love to just get it now but wont be able to
9:25:30 PM mindblowin03: but I will soon... things have been good for me lately financially.. thats why Im catching up on this now
9:25:34 PM Dante: so i can send you the thc evolution if you want... it's the same as public but has more
9:25:58 PM mindblowin03: Id love that... that would be awesome of you to work with me on this

9:29:25 PM Dante: k. sorry i can't open the evo forum to you but it builds on the koch one so it's not possible the way we have it set up.

2Pac: Evolution is designed to present to you every available leaked song without all of the generational re-encoding and editing that continues even today. Listen to each song knowing that it’s from the source, and not a bootleg of a bootleg of a bootleg.
buy the set and know that they have the original material before it was degraded, shortened, or otherwise altered.

If I paid $300 for the degraded set he claimed was unaltered, I would definitely track him down...

Yeah.  The 192kbs version probably wasn't bad at all.  But it still wasn't right to mislead people like that.  Especially at a $300 price point.

One2free

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #81 on: April 29, 2009, 12:04:45 PM »
wait wait wait wait

So I begin to think that the person who hacked their site should have take a low profile on this, cuz considering the conversations between Dante/FTPE, ect, it seems that there were others 'big' projects in the making.

So, whoever hacked this site does not have the projects links, right ?
maybe some tracks, but not the projects we read about. Even if he did have 'em, he would need fuckin' password.

Or am I confusing ?

Ridah662

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #82 on: April 29, 2009, 12:06:51 PM »

i believe whoever got scammed buying this evo set, should leak it just for get back.... ;)

Mietek23

« Reply #83 on: April 29, 2009, 12:27:02 PM »
Here's my remaster of "Initiated OG"

http://www.zshare.net/audio/5937109783b2a608/

It's a little preview before all that material starts to leak which I hope it does 8). I will post some more stuff tomorrow..

EFFeX

« Reply #84 on: April 29, 2009, 12:28:16 PM »
So who is going to leak the Crooked I joints *no groupie*?  8)

JohnnyL

« Reply #85 on: April 29, 2009, 12:29:22 PM »

It's a little preview before all that material starts to leak which I hope it does 8). I will post some more stuff tomorrow..

props, Young Thug. +1

JohnnyL

« Reply #86 on: April 29, 2009, 12:31:05 PM »

Damn.  I know.  It's hard not to salivate at the thought of all this material.  I'm not sure if we even know how much of it was obtained.  But it sure would be cool to hear some of this stuff.

EFFeX

« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2009, 12:34:42 PM »

Damn.  I know.  It's hard not to salivate at the thought of all this material.  I'm not sure if we even know how much of it was obtained.  But it sure would be cool to hear some of this stuff.

I also wonder which DubCNN members bought FTP's SHTTBG release and are playing dumb, LOL

JohnnyL

« Reply #88 on: April 29, 2009, 12:41:19 PM »

-Just listened.  Shit sounds way better now, to me.

EFFeX

« Reply #89 on: April 29, 2009, 01:15:48 PM »
My question is, why do all these bootlegging sites think that they will sell more copies with "Levels"... Don't they realize that not everyone wants EVERY project, so aren't going to spend hundreds of dollars just to get to the projects they want.