Author Topic: New Twista Interview  (Read 56 times)

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
New Twista Interview
« on: May 04, 2009, 06:28:16 PM »
Yee!

http://chronicvacation.com/2009/05/twista-interview/

Chronic Vacation’s newest staff member Amir caught up with Chi-town legend Twista for an exclusive interview.  In this piece, you’ll hear all about Twista’s new album “Category F5,” his thoughts on the West Coast, and what’s been going on with The Speedknot Mobstaz.  Let’s get it poppin…

ChronicVacation.com: What up T, how are you doin?

Twista: What’s good with you man?

ChronicVacation.com: Man, I’m just in Cali relaxin.  Are you in the Chi right now?

Twista: Yeah, we in Chicago right now, headed on the way to the studio right now.

ChronicVacation.com: OK, so you have your new album coming  together, “F5.”  We know you have the new single with Busta Rhymes, and putting you two in the studio we know we’re gonna have some heat.

Twista: Actually, that’s not a single.  It’s just something that got leaked out there somehow, but my single is actually a song called “Wetter.”

ChronicVacation.com: Isn’t that kind of like a sequel to “Get It Wet?”

Twista: Yeah, definitely the same kind of vibe.  It’s really what the fans always asked me for. They want to hear me do it the way they always used to hear me, so I gave them a little bit of the new side and then made sure to give em some of that [classic vibe.]

ChronicVacation.com: Definitely.  I mean, you’ve come through with every album.  We can’t deny that!  But who else should we expect to see on this album.  Is that under wraps right now?

Twista: No, I mean I got Bobby V on the album.  I got Tech N9ne on the album. There are a few more people we have who are working on getting their clearance straight.  But production wise, I got my man Traxster, who produced the “Adrenaline Rush” album, I got Jim Johnson, and a few others I’m working with.

ChronicVacation.com: OK, I see you got some big names on there and you also got Tech N9ne, keeping it Midwest I see!

Twista: You know I gotta give the people what they want mayne!

ChronicVacation.com: I know what you mean. Well, I gotta ask you this man.  Do you still hold the record as the fastest rapper?

Twista: Chicago still holds the record as the fastest rapper.  A guy that I used to know back in the day has it now, but I can break it.  It ain’t nothing to break, but ya know, somebody else is in there, and he’s still from Chicago, so I let it ride.

ChronicVacation.com: I feel ya man, let them get their thunder! Well, I’m here with Chronic Vacation and we’re out here on the West Coast. What artists are you feelin from the West Coast right now?  Is there anybody you know or anyone you are excited to hear from?

Twista: I mean, I’ve been riding with the West Coast since day one, as far as new artists go… Man, I’ve been reppin the West since day one, since the NWA days.  I got a chance to meet all those guys, but recently I just hollered at DJ Quik to get on the record so we are about to get something poppin off real soon.  But you know I always get in there with [The] Game.  Me and him do work together all the time, and then on my last record you know I had Snoop on there.  I got another project coming up soon and I’m trying to get Ice Cube on there. As far as the new guys, I’ve been doin’ a lot of networking to get people on my underground tip.

ChronicVacation.com: Sounds good man. What’s the status with your Get Money Gang record label? Any artists to look out for? How is that working out for you?

Twista: Man, I’m about to kick it off real hard this year.  Everyone is finishing up their projects right now . I got my man B-Hype, Mello the Gutta Man, so get ready to see the Get Money Gang really hard this year.  I’ma roll my joint first, then once that gets done I’ma get my promo thing goin and let everyone know what I got poppin.  But when you hear it…the lyrics are going to speak for themselves.  I don’t mess with nothing wack.

ChronicVacation.com: It’s on a whole nother level?

Twista: Man, it’s on another level.  For real though, you’ll see when you hear it.  You’re gonna be like, “Damn, that nigga Twista told me that music was nice!”

ChronicVacation.com: I bet man!  I wouldn’t deny it! So man how is everything with The Speedknot Mobstaz.  Is everything cool with that? I know you have that album you were on in ’08, “Mobstability 2.”

Twista: I mean, the album was pretty dope, but it might have been pushed wrong with the process and deal situation, so I’m tryin’ to restructure that deal. But we all decided that if we wanted to stay cool as friends, we needed to separate on that level.  So, the Speedknot Mobsta thing is there, but everyone is doin’ they solo thing and we will figure it out.

ChronicVacation.com: Good to hear that things are going to be worked out and we’ll be hearing stuff in the future.

Twista: Oh yeah man, we’re gonna have it poppin,

ChronicVacation.com: All right T, we’re glad to hear everything is going well and we’ll talk to you when you take your next Chronic Vacation.

Twista: All right man, much love to everyone.  Cop that new album when it’s out!

Blood$

Re: New Twista Interview
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 06:30:21 PM »
you should have asked him about the track with Spice 1  8)

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
Re: New Twista Interview
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 06:50:12 PM »
+ that midwest invasion album hes cookin up with bone