Author Topic: Bubba Sparxxx Interview  (Read 52 times)

Lunatic

Bubba Sparxxx Interview
« on: May 02, 2009, 09:27:59 PM »
http://raptalk.net/website/content/view/1538/54/

Raptalk.Net hooked up with the down south general, Bubba Sparxxx for an exclusive promotional interview tot alk about his upcoming compilation album, "The New South." The project is being co-presented by DJ Greg Street, with the meaning behind it being a majorly distributed album which show cases up and coming talent from several southern regions.

The project is being distributed by E1 Entertainment (formerly known as KOCH Records), and Bubba spoke to us about his contract and personal relationship with E1!

We also get into the upcoming forth solo album from Bubba, "The Impolite Gentleman."

Enjoy...

Raptalk.Net: We’re right here with an exclusive interview with none other than Bubba Sparxxx! How you doing at this time bro?

Bubba Sparxxx: I’m doing good Justin, how you doing brother?

Raptalk.Net: I’m doing real well, thanks for taking the time to speak to us.

Bubba Sparxxx: Oh man, thank y’all for taking the time out to talk to me.

Raptalk.Net: Absolutely. The first question I have for you is, what made you want to put together “The New South” compilation album?

Bubba Sparxxx: Well it was apart of my deal when I signed with KOCH Records [E1 Entertainment) to do an organized mixtape that was actually going to be put on the shelves in stores. I had that contractual obligation but me and my homie [DJ] Greg Street out of Atlanta, he and I have been friends for a long time and we always wanted to do a project together. This mixtape presented that opportunity as well.

Raptalk.Net: That plays perfectly into my next question which is, what was Greg Street’s reaction when you approached him to be apart of this project?

Bubba Sparxxx: Like I said Greg Street since way before my first album, he actually supported me independently. That was back in 1999-2000 from Z-103 in Atlanta. We’ve just been friends for a while and we’ve been wanting to do a project together. When we did the deal with KOCH and I realized I had to do this project, I thought it was a great opportunity for Greg & I to get together. He was excited.

Raptalk.Net: You scouted talent for over two years for this project. Tell us about a particular experience you had finding a specific talent that now features on the album. Does one stick out in your mind?

Bubba Sparxxx: I would say my boy Kenny Knox out of St. Louis, Missisouri. He’s a guy that is signed to Basement Beats, a production collective group of guys out that that I’ve been down with for a minute. They produced some stuff on my last album. I’ve been watching him bubble. I saw that go just from him working in the studio to him actually reaching a point where he has 2-3 records that are really thriving out there in St. Louis, that market. To have the opportunity to give him some more exposure and take him from the brink and beyond is a pretty cool deal.

The compilation is just chalked full of people I can say the same thing about – from places all over like Morgantown, West Virginia, my gosh, 6’6 240 [artist on the compilation) is up there. I have some guys from Montgomery, Alabama and a couple of guys from Birmingham, Alabama that I’m really looking forward to the opportunity for. And then we have people like J. Money from Atlanta who is definitely doing his thing, which Greg [Street] brought to the table. I’m really excited to have somebody who is really doing their thing associated with this project.

Raptalk.Net: No doubt. I don’t mean to put you on the spot to single out a specific artist because you are excited about all of the talent you are presenting on “The New South” compilation, bot does a particular song stick out as your favorite?

Bubba Sparxxx: My favorite song on the album…Man, that’s a really tough question. I’d have to say it’s probably my record, “You Must Don’t Know Me.” It’s featuring Kenny Knox out of St. Louis.

Raptalk.Net: No doubt. Do you think this project will attract the same fan base as Bubba Sparxxx?

Bubba Sparxxx: I think it’ll attract the traditional Bubba Sparxxx fan base as well as a newer more youthful fan base. A lot of the music….i’m 30 years old and I can’t necessarily say, I mean, I don’t at myself as an old head. I definitely feel like Hip-Hop has always been a youth-driven movement. I’d say the youth is 18-21 these days. What’s going on in Atlanta today, that’s not necessarily what I do but I think the fact that you have some Bubba Sparxxx type music on there and you have some other stuff on there with more of a cutting edge as far as the trends that are happening right now. I think it’s gonna’ attract a broader fan base.

Raptalk.Net: Ok. Tell us about working with E1 for this project? You’re signed to them, what do you like about them?

Bubba Sparxxx: Koch? I’m still getting used to calling them E1 so you’ll have to bare with me on that. E1 has been great. They have all the tools necessary to succeed and I’m really grateful for them.

Raptalk.Net: What’s the latest on your “The Impolite Gentlemen” album? Is their a tentative release date?

Bubba Sparxxx: I’m gonna’ say right now, we’re really pushing the compilation. We’re trying to generate a  buzz with it for “The Impolite Gentlemen.” I’m gonna’ say late June. Bubba Sparxxx and Greg Street presents “The New South Vol. 1” will be in stores May 5th, and then “The Impolite Gentlemen” late June, early July.

Raptalk.Net: Ok. Has a first single been picked out?

Bubba Sparxxx: For “The Impolite Gentleman” no because I’m still working. I just got back from L.A. last week working with Timbaland and Polow Da Don. I’m really trying to get some hot stuff from them. I have a couple of ideas to complete with those guys. I’m still trying to get another record from Mr. Collipark for the album. I’m just working with a lot of people. I have a lot of records but I’m still looking for what I call the record. As far as the album, no, we don’t have a first single.

The first single from the compilation album is “You Must Don’t Know Me” featuring Kenny Knox out of St. Louis.

Raptalk.Net: You mentioned some of the production you’re working with. What kind of guest appearances can we expect to see?

Bubba Sparxxx: As far as guest appearances, so far I have Joel Madden from Good Charlotte on the album. I have my boy Dirt Reynolds who is actually signed to my label. He’s from Atkins, Georgia. He featured on all three of my previous albums and he’s on this album. Rich Boy will more than likely be on the new album. Petey Pablo is gonna’ be on the new album. That’s all I can think of off top right now.

Raptalk.Net: Tell us about the recording process for this album seeing as it’s your fourth solo album?

Bubba Sparxxx: It’s been long. I’ve been working prior to even doing the deal with E1. I’m not really a guy who goes into the studio and bangs out an album all in one month. It’s a more drawn out process with me. I’ll work on it for a few weeks and then not think about it for a few weeks. I’ll then go back in and collect beats and slowly develop ideas. It’s been a cool deal. It’s the first time I’m completing an album on my own. The first two albums, I did with Timbaland being so close to the whole creative process. On my third album I was a little more on my own but I still had Big Boi from Outkast overseeing the process. This time, it’s really been just me.

Raptalk.Net: That once again plays well into my next question which is, are you still tight with Big Boi? You were rolling with him for a minute.

Bubba Sparxxx: Yeah, Big Boi is family forever man, it’s Dungeon Family forever. Me and Big [Boi] are cool.  I’m tighter with Rico Wade from Organied Noize and there also doing production work on the new album. Me and Big are good, and I’m tight with Killer Mike as well.

Raptalk.Net: No doubt. Why should fans go cop “The New South” on May 5th?

Bubba Sparxxx: First of all, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. If you like Bubba Sparxxx, your gonna’ get more of that. Also, I have a ton of new shit from across the country. Whatever sound is bubbling and whatever region of the country your from, there’s something on there reflective of that. It’s just different types of sounds. The root, core and foundation of it is Bubba Sparxxx. If you like me, I’ve sold over two million records so if you like me, your gonna’ like this. You have to trust my judgment as far as the other shit I picked to be on there.

Raptalk.Net: Thanks a lot for your time Bubba, your on www.raptalk.net. Do you have any last words for this interview before I let you go?

Bubba Sparxxx: Support “The New South” May 5th, Bubba Sparxxx and Greg Street presents. It’ll be on the shelf, go grab it. Go grab yourself a few copies. Grab one for your grandma, she’ll like it. Grab one for your little sister because she’ll like it. Grab one for everybody you know. There gonna’ like it. Give us the support. This summer, “The Impolite Gentlemen” will be in stores. Thank you Justin.

Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com