Author Topic: U kno what I hate more than black people who still complain about slavery today?  (Read 9707 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

I dont think white men today (in America) should feel "guilty" about what their ancestors did. But they should take that into consideration when they are judging and looking down on other races in this country.  No, white men today dont need to feel guilty. But they do need to understand that what their ancestors did paved the way for their people to be successful, and for others to not be. Yes, everyone now has to be accountable for their own actions if they want their life to change. But there is a reason why some need to be accountable, in order to make their life change when others just need to be accountable to make their life stay the same.

And that's real

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
I do understand history. I don't think one man should get the upperhand over a more qualified person because of race. That is a major inferiority complex if you tell me. I am white. I grew up in Roxbury and a majority of my friends coming up were of every race. We say some of the most racist shit to each other because we were comfortable with these subjects. I would make fried chicken jokes and grape soda comments all the time. As they would make white stereotypes back. We grew up in the same environment and had the same obstacles to overcome so it didn't matter. Its all about personal responsibilty. You are not getting a hand out because of your race. Some of my black friends went to jail, and some are real successful and doing well for themselves. If you fucked up and can't get a job because of it, it doesn't matter what race you are. My father was the mastermind behind a several million dollar gold theft ring. After he got out he couldn't get a job worth shit either.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

I do understand history. I don't think one man should get the upperhand over a more qualified person because of race. That is a major inferiority complex if you tell me. I am white. I grew up in Roxbury and a majority of my friends coming up were of every race. We say some of the most racist shit to each other because we were comfortable with these subjects. I would make fried chicken jokes and grape soda comments all the time. As they would make white stereotypes back. We grew up in the same environment and had the same obstacles to overcome so it didn't matter. Its all about personal responsibilty. You are not getting a hand out because of your race. Some of my black friends went to jail, and some are real successful and doing well for themselves. If you fucked up and can't get a job because of it, it doesn't matter what race you are. My father was the mastermind behind a several million dollar gold theft ring. After he got out he couldn't get a job worth shit either.

Youre talking about Affirmative Action, but the point of it is not so simple as getting the upperhand over a more qualified person. If you dumb it down like that, then yeah, it doesnt sound stupid.  Affirmative Action wasnt designed in order to just make it easier for some people and harder for others. It was designed with the idea that the history of this country has given some people (white males) an unfair advantage for centuries. Think about how that has completely shaped the landscape of the country now. I dont believe one race is better then another. We are all equal. So when you have a country where the typical ghetto is filled with minorities, and the typical rich neighborhood is filled with white people, something obviously went terribly wrong. I think its unbelievably selfish, and unsympathetic to force a certain group (or groups) of people into a hole...and then all at once say, "ok, youre people are in that hole that we put you in...our people arent....we're all equal now. May the best man win". How is that fair?  The idea of Affirmative Action is that there is an understanding that (like Sikotic said) everyone is prejudice.  No group is above prejudice.  So when you have ONE group controlling a country, how can any minority group ever really overcome that prejudice on its own?  The only way is to have equal representaion in the Government and in different industries.  This doesnt make any group worse then another. If Black people ran the country, they would be more likely to hire, promote, etc. other Black people before White people.  And something would have to be done to correct it.  It just so happens that its the opposite for our country.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

BiggBoogaBiff

being white is not tha same as being black no matter how YOUR world is.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
It's self loathing white people who constantly apologize about the atrocities that their ancestors have committed.

I'm taking this "History of Race" class that fulfills my last requirement in order to graduate. The class basically revolves around the history of different ethnicities who make up America, their struggles and set backs and how live if for them today.

The class discussion was to basically each person had to explain what they learned and any impact the class had on their viewpoints of race in America. All the latinos, blacks, asians and minorities in the class are cool n shit and speak their mind about how their relatives struggled when they first came to the US. Then we get to the 4-5 white people in the class.

They are the most self-hating pathetic pieces of shit in the room. They either a) are talking shit about themselves/their family in order to "fit in" with the minorities or b) are just pussies

I had one white dude in my class apologize to "all the minorities and their families" in class and say that "he is ashamed of his ancestors and his race".

I wanted to walk up to him and slap him in the face and tell him to shut the fuck up.

damn that white guys a douche, u shoulda slapped him

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Cold Hearted Son Of A Bitch
I HATE ALL OF YOU EQUALLY...OHHH BURNNN MOTHER FUCKERS

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
I wonder if some of these apologists' ancestors even owned slaves. It's not like every white man in America owned slaves, and there was heavy immigration way into the 1900s. Knowing what I know of my family's history, none of my ancestors owned slaves or were slaves, so I wouldn't be able to play either side of that. I think your classmates may have been trying to sugarcoat it for the teacher, but I don't think that benefits our society. People try to be so politically correct that they look like douchebags.
I got a bird's eye view

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
What is the difference Radiotube? The amount of melanin in our skintones? Progressive people are supposed to try to change from ignorance. History is history, I am not going to apologize for something I didn't do.

BiggBoogaBiff

What is the difference Radiotube? The amount of melanin in our skintones? Progressive people are supposed to try to change from ignorance. History is history, I am not going to apologize for something I didn't do.

you can't win 'em all.  regaurdless of how u feel about me or wat u say you will lose.  you might win the fight (n ur eyes) but u wonnt win the battle
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 04:53:26 PM by RadioTube! Da Don »

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

I wonder if some of these apologists' ancestors even owned slaves. It's not like every white man in America owned slaves, and there was heavy immigration way into the 1900s. Knowing what I know of my family's history, none of my ancestors owned slaves or were slaves, so I wouldn't be able to play either side of that. I think your classmates may have been trying to sugarcoat it for the teacher, but I don't think that benefits our society. People try to be so politically correct that they look like douchebags.

Why is it ok to lump minorities together but not white people?  Black people, Hispanics, etc. get judged and are mistreated by authorities based on the actions of a few (whether in the present or the past).  Yet White men should be able to distance themselves from their past and their bad eggs?  If its justified in assuming every Black man, Mexican man, etc is going to steal your wallet...then its justified in assuming every white man is going to burn a cross on your lawn.  Im just sayin...
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative

Why is it ok to lump minorities together but not white people?  Black people, Hispanics, etc. get judged and are mistreated by authorities based on the actions of a few (whether in the present or the past).  Yet White men should be able to distance themselves from their past and their bad eggs?  If its justified in assuming every Black man, Mexican man, etc is going to steal your wallet...then its justified in assuming every white man is going to burn a cross on your lawn.  Im just sayin...
It's not ok, I didn't say that it was. My point was that it doesn't make sense to point blame at people who had nothing to do with past crimes. Basically, the same point that you are trying to make.
I got a bird's eye view

Crockett

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Smile Boys Were About To Retire
wasent it black people selling there own race to the white people

and that in mind

all you can do is sit back and say this is one fucked up world

there is 2 much enthisis on a persons colour, and even religion, people are dumb and say and do dumb shit.. im white my wife and family are Kikuyu's and she is deep in her roots and very african. and im very British (alltho i spend alot of time on the usa tip and visit LA often) but yet we are very much in love and been together for years.. race is wierd people who have dated and or loved another person out of there race will know what im saying when i say when you first start dating that woman and shes black or asian or whatever your like yea shes black, Hispanic whatever but after a while shes your girl and you forget shes black white whatever.. that's just your girl/wife.. people will all ways be curious or scared of a difference or of something they dont know.. id be scared to date a white girl i never have ever.. lol ya get what im sayin

Sikotic™

Well, of course there are phenotypical differences and traits that will never make anyone the same. But in 2009, affirmative action as a whole is not necessary. People that have the desire to excel have many facets where they can achieve their goals, even in inner city/low income areas.

It seems like many black people today don't even want equality, but they just wanna put all of their troubles and misfortunes on the past. Nobody is holding people back for their race anymore. Booker T. Washington had a good plan by telling blacks to go out there, bust your ass and prove that you are worthy of being equal to any white man and not demand for handicaps that give you an advantage, unfortunately, Washington was too ahead of his time and Civil rights were needed first.

I'm in a competitive environment myself competing to get into school that only 1% of the college population get into and I have received many rejections from various schools. Now I know that I got rejections because this is a very competitive thing I am striving for and so are many other hundreds of thousands of people. But I also could take the cheap route and claim it is because whitey won't give a black man like me a break. Which is more reasonable?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Crockett

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Smile Boys Were About To Retire
Well, of course there are phenotypical differences and traits that will never make anyone the same. But in 2009, affirmative action as a whole is not necessary. People that have the desire to excel have many facets where they can achieve their goals, even in inner city/low income areas.

It seems like many black people today don't even want equality, but they just wanna put all of their troubles and misfortunes on the past. Nobody is holding people back for their race anymore. Booker T. Washington had a good plan by telling blacks to go out there, bust your ass and prove that you are worthy of being equal to any white man and not demand for handicaps that give you an advantage, unfortunately, Washington was too ahead of his time and Civil rights were needed first.

I'm in a competitive environment myself competing to get into school that only 1% of the college population get into and I have received many rejections from various schools. Now I know that I got rejections because this is a very competitive thing I am striving for and so are many other hundreds of thousands of people. But I also could take the cheap route and claim it is because whitey won't give a black man like me a break. Which is more reasonable?

sik u spit the real..

in your self do you believe you got rejected because of your skin colour? oh dude btw what mix are you
peace

Sikotic™

Honestly, race probably worked in my favor. I'm half black half armenian, but at first glance most people assume I'm full black. So when I submit an application to a school (and many of them insist you send a picture of yourself to them) and they wanna get their minority numbers up so that somebody doesn't start protesting their demographic, they gladly throw me in the mix. I have a feeling I got considered by a lot of schools just because I stand out as a minority and I'm not just another white face in the crowd.

I do hope its based on my hard work and credentials, but you know how it is...
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE