Author Topic: Kobe gets Artest Again  (Read 1667 times)

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Kobe gets Artest Again
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2009, 12:48:15 PM »
Tay i can see where your comin from but i look at it like this:

there was trash talkin elbows,shoves,jersey grabs and general physical play.   not to mention the fact its the playoffs,the pressure to win has to be intense. you got everyone biggin up houston on their intensity and toughness and thinkin the lakers are soft. add up all those things and shits gonna go down.

no doubt kobe threw that elbow to get at ron. was it right? nah and i could see how someone could call it dirty  but im sure if we had the footage from every angle we would see all kinds of questionable shit go down from both teams. ron just lost his cool and showed that he hasnt got the mental toughness to match his physical strength/toughness. kobe did the smart thing and threw his hands up when ron came at him. was he bitching out because ron had him shook? No, In my opinion he is just gettin in artests head and exploiting him.

having said that though i think the refs failed with the "phantom call" (the officiating was horrid all night on both ends iIMO)and in no way should have ejected Ron. there was no physical contact and in my eyes not enough to kick him. i will say its his fault though. all the past bullshit/drama he has been known for is coming back to haunt him. he will probably always be looked at suspect in the eyes of the refs and the front office of the NBA,right or wrong.

no matter what happens(fish gettin suspended) the lakers went out and accomplished want they wanted. they proved that they could outplay houston and that they werent soft and could handle the physical play.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 12:50:06 PM by ^ReLentLess^ »

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2009, 04:58:17 PM »
i fail to see how kobe is a bitch

if he would've sunk to artests level...he'd be gone for game 3. who the fuck wants that? they had already lost fisher at that point, so why risk the season to cater to artests unstable ass.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

OchoCinco

« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2009, 05:07:58 PM »
well fisher is officially suspended for game 3

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2009, 01:45:20 AM »
And Kobe is not. Kobe wins.

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2009, 01:53:24 AM »

I thought the NBA was out to get Kobe and the Lakers LOL stop the bitchin guys, Kobe should of got suspended and he didnt.  It sucks for the Rockets that Fisher is suspended, Fisher is absolute garbage right now, Shannon Brown is so much better.  This suspension will help the Lakers in game 3 because truth is at this point in his career Fisher is trash and a complete liability.  Honestly you Laker fans should be happy, Brown and Farmar are way better than this bum.

DIP DIP SET SET

thisoneguy360

« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2009, 02:16:20 AM »
^ Fisher hasn't played well this series but he's far from a bum.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2009, 10:26:44 AM »
Its just funny to me how Kobe taunts and talks shit all night to a stand up guy like Battier who is to classy to respond but then when Kobe is approached by Ron like that he gets scared and looks at the refs to help him out.

how moronic can you be? what did you want Kobe to do, be an idiot like Artest and cost his teammates the game? LMAO. damn, Spice, I didn't know you were this much of a dumbass, homie. Kobe did what needed to be done...threw his hands up and said "get the fuck out of here"...smart.

foreal, though, if you think that elbow was bad then you're a fucking pussy who doesn't deserve to watch playoff basketball. LOL.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 10:52:02 AM by Now_I_Know »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2009, 10:27:59 AM »
artest will play like crap for the rest of the series  ;D

that's money right there...he'll be like 10-35 for the rest of the series. Artest plays HORRIBLE when the opposing team gets his dumbass thinkin too much.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2009, 10:37:31 AM »
the thing that boggles my mind is that Artest can play as aggressive at he wants and he's a "G"

but when NIK's favorite player steps up the aggression in the paint it's dirty

then artest lost ALOT of respect from me when he's on TNT talking about how "HIS" team wins "FAIR AND SQUARE" and they don't "PlAY DIRTY LIKE THAT"

oh so now artest is painting himself out to be Terrelle Brandon??!! 

He acted like he calmly went up to kobe and told him all that, naaaaaaaaaw he went up to kobe looking for a fight and when he didn't get one he made a threat and made a throat slashing gesture. all because he got called for the foul and not kobe. i'm sorry but that's a bitch ass bully.

that wasn't a throat slashing gesture...he was signaling that Kobe elbowed him near the throat. LOL.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2009, 10:41:06 AM »
The defending of Kobe on this is ridiculous, he got mad that Artest boxed him out of position, and he threw an elbow into his throat. Toughness and dirty are two different things, that was dirty. Artest already got ejected before he did the gesture, so that wasn't the factor. How is Kobe's elbow different than the one Dwight Howard got suspended for? It was a little lower, but he wasn't even tangled up with Artest like that. The Kobe "playing mind games" talk is wack too, he got lucky that super-ref Joey Crawford bailed him out. Sadly, the worst part is probably Ron getting called for a foul in the first place. There's missing the elbow which we saw in replay, and then there's a phantom call on Ron to start the whole incident.

the elbow was because ron was riding his back, man...LOL. that's also why ron was whistled for the foul. and the elbow was to the chest, not the throat. that's why there was no suspension. if the elbow hit rons face ala dwights elbow in the sixers series, then he woulda been suspended.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2009, 10:42:25 AM »
My hate on Kobe? I'm not a fan of either team, I prefer the Lakers to win but I want to see a good series. If Kobe was so brilliant at getting under the opposition's skin, would the same be true for Scola or Battier drawing Fisher's flagrant and Kobe's Tech? Artest should have kept his calm, but how was what he did worse than what Kobe did? As for depending on the refs, Artest said in the postgame interview he knew he would get T'd up, and that game was just about over. I guarantee Kobe won't throw another elbow his way.

the game was over? LOL...how so. it was a single digit lead with 6 minutes left.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2009, 10:46:53 AM »
Lol @ Kobe embarrassing Artest again

Nah Kobe embarrassed himself by showing the whole world how much of a bitch he is. Everyone hates Kobe and not because he's the best but because he's a dirty player and a punk lil bitch. Lebron is the best and is still  loved by everyone, kobe should take notes on how to conduct himself and you guys wonder why everyone hates this rapist.

would you stfu, already? how is lebron james clean??

Clotheslines D-Wade:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/aRhNzT9dfrI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/aRhNzT9dfrI</a>

Throws ball at a fan:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/VOpEseL4Ouc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/VOpEseL4Ouc</a>

you make yourself seem so stupid.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 10:52:57 AM by Now_I_Know »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2009, 10:51:30 AM »

I thought the NBA was out to get Kobe and the Lakers LOL stop the bitchin guys, Kobe should of got suspended and he didnt.  It sucks for the Rockets that Fisher is suspended, Fisher is absolute garbage right now, Shannon Brown is so much better.  This suspension will help the Lakers in game 3 because truth is at this point in his career Fisher is trash and a complete liability.  Honestly you Laker fans should be happy, Brown and Farmar are way better than this bum.

Kobe shoulda been suspended? LMFAO!!!!! what a fuckingn pussy you must be, man...honestly. im not just saying that for beef reasoning, i just truly think that you're a pussy based on the shit you say on this board.

and how is fisher garbage? he was ballin in Game 2 and has been our best point guard all season long...Shannon Brown and Jordan Farmar are good as well, but Fisher is our captain and our lead point guard...PeACe

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2009, 11:30:09 AM »
The defending of Kobe on this is ridiculous, he got mad that Artest boxed him out of position, and he threw an elbow into his throat. Toughness and dirty are two different things, that was dirty. Artest already got ejected before he did the gesture, so that wasn't the factor. How is Kobe's elbow different than the one Dwight Howard got suspended for? It was a little lower, but he wasn't even tangled up with Artest like that. The Kobe "playing mind games" talk is wack too, he got lucky that super-ref Joey Crawford bailed him out. Sadly, the worst part is probably Ron getting called for a foul in the first place. There's missing the elbow which we saw in replay, and then there's a phantom call on Ron to start the whole incident.

the elbow was because ron was riding his back, man...LOL. that's also why ron was whistled for the foul. and the elbow was to the chest, not the throat. that's why there was no suspension. if the elbow hit rons face ala dwights elbow in the sixers series, then he woulda been suspended.
First, Ron and Kobe were fighting for position, Kobe was grabbing his leg, Ron moved him out of the way. I don't think there should have been a foul, but if the refs were paying attention and whistled him, HOW DID THEY NOT SEE THE ELBOW??? The rest of it is judgement I guess, as to where the elbow hit (chest or throat, really close), what the punishments should be, but the refs messed up big time. If it would have been the other way around, Artest would have got called, Laker fans would be reacting differently. I think a Tech would have been the right call for Kobe, and then if Artest did the same thing still, a T for him. I'd rather have the best players on the court for the playoffs, at least give some warnings before they get ejected/suspended.

Fisher isn't a bum, but I think in this series Farmar and Brown match up better with Houston, and Fish has struggled with his shot so it's not a big loss.

And LeBron shouldn't even be a part of this conversation, nobody should have brought him up.
I got a bird's eye view

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2009, 12:37:40 PM »

First, Ron and Kobe were fighting for position, Kobe was grabbing his leg, Ron moved him out of the way. I don't think there should have been a foul, but if the refs were paying attention and whistled him, HOW DID THEY NOT SEE THE ELBOW??? The rest of it is judgement I guess, as to where the elbow hit (chest or throat, really close), what the punishments should be, but the refs messed up big time. If it would have been the other way around, Artest would have got called, Laker fans would be reacting differently. I think a Tech would have been the right call for Kobe, and then if Artest did the same thing still, a T for him. I'd rather have the best players on the court for the playoffs, at least give some warnings before they get ejected/suspended.

Fisher isn't a bum, but I think in this series Farmar and Brown match up better with Houston, and Fish has struggled with his shot so it's not a big loss.

And LeBron shouldn't even be a part of this conversation, nobody should have brought him up.

this is playoff basketball, man.. get used to it. Kobe's elbow coulda been whistled a foul, MAYBE a flagrant at most, but the fact that it came AFTER Artest was foulin the shit out of him, grabbin all up on him and what not, made it appear pretty typical in an intense playoff environment. As for Fisher strugglin with his shot, he was actually shooting well in Game 2... Artest fucked up, plain and simple. you don't run up on someone like that when you have the reputation Artest does...come on, now. anyone backin him on this must be as stupid as him....PeACe