Author Topic: Official Eminem "Relapse" Discussion Thread  (Read 21345 times)

Matty

Re: I'm a huge Em fan but Relapse is horrible.
« Reply #420 on: May 11, 2009, 01:20:26 PM »
its about on par with encore but to me the best track on encore > the best one on relapse. the majority seem to be feeling it though, so he must have done something right.

straight in the bin! :laugh:

Cali Climate

« Reply #421 on: May 11, 2009, 01:25:32 PM »
Yeah, Eminem kinda lost me years ago, so this wasnt a let down. Deja Vu was cool though, and the beats for the most part were pretty slick.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #422 on: May 11, 2009, 01:28:00 PM »
Yeah, Eminem kinda lost me years ago, so this wasnt a let down.
yep, im down with your avatar type of shit

Cali Climate

« Reply #423 on: May 11, 2009, 01:31:59 PM »
Yeah, Eminem kinda lost me years ago, so this wasnt a let down.
yep, im down with your avatar type of shit

Infidels baby, secular yet religious in experience. I love that album.

dameons

« Reply #424 on: May 11, 2009, 01:41:34 PM »
Solid album .

Rickdeeznutz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #425 on: May 11, 2009, 01:43:09 PM »
I geuss im the only one feeling the album, ounce you get over the accent. The album is pretty dope. I think its better than Encore and right there with Eminem Show. Its a dark, grimey album. And i love all the drug refrences like back in the day with the Slim Shady lp. And besides that the production is flawless. Its not his best album but not his worste. Althought ive only lisened to his all the way thru, ounce on my comp with no speakers just the ones built in the laptop and ounce in the car with the system.  But i think its a pretty good album and alot better than whats been coming out as off recentlly.

BIG.DADDY

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • back da fuck up before you get smacked the fuck up
« Reply #426 on: May 11, 2009, 01:51:18 PM »
the production is flawless but the lyrical content is GARBAGE. 1 or 2 psychotic songs, or maybe even three or 4 out of the 20 but goodness seems like all of them are retarded. you would think he'd shown some lyrical growth by now.

Paul

« Reply #427 on: May 11, 2009, 02:11:50 PM »
I geuss im the only one feeling the album, ounce you get over the accent. The album is pretty dope. I think its better than Encore and right there with Eminem Show. Its a dark, grimey album. And i love all the drug refrences like back in the day with the Slim Shady lp. And besides that the production is flawless. Its not his best album but not his worste.
funkyfreshintheflesh

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #428 on: May 11, 2009, 02:13:46 PM »
I geuss im the only one feeling the album, ounce you get over the accent. The album is pretty dope. I think its better than Encore and right there with Eminem Show. Its a dark, grimey album. And i love all the drug refrences like back in the day with the Slim Shady lp. And besides that the production is flawless. Its not his best album but not his worste.

I feel you guys. I like it too.

hellrazor86

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • There Can Only Be One Don
« Reply #429 on: May 11, 2009, 02:40:39 PM »

me 2.. Specially Bagpipes From baghdad, We Made You, Insane & Underground

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #430 on: May 11, 2009, 02:46:24 PM »
I honestly think people are not really giving this album a chance.. you really need to put some good headphones on and turn this shit up.. no distractions and take in the whole album.  You have to listen to all the elements in the background really listen to the lyrics.  Once you do.. you'll realize that it's actually a very solid album.  I'd say probably about 16-17 tracks actually stick to the theme of the album which is fucking dope.. a whole album that has a contant theme, dope beats and Em just goes nuts with the different flows etc..

To me this album blows that thrown together album called Encore out of the water.. and I think it stand next to TES fairly well. but to me TES is still a few notches above it.

Seriously people... quit hating.. get over the accent and some of the lyrics and really give it a chance and look at the big picture.. what he wants the theme of the album to be and how each's tracks lyrical content go with that theme.

Matty

« Reply #431 on: May 11, 2009, 02:59:00 PM »
i gave this a good listen over the past few days, still think it's poor.

it's possible to dislike this album and not be a hater.

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #432 on: May 11, 2009, 03:02:05 PM »
i gave this a good listen over the past few days, still think it's poor.

it's possible to dislike this album and not be a hater.

true.. I just think most people are just hating and not really giving it a chance and a proper listen..

if you did..props to you.. too bad you don't like it.. hopefully Relapse 2 will spark your interest

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #433 on: May 11, 2009, 03:02:50 PM »
I honestly think people are not really giving this album a chance.. you really need to put some good headphones on and turn this shit up.. no distractions and take in the whole album.  You have to listen to all the elements in the background really listen to the lyrics.  Once you do.. you'll realize that it's actually a very solid album.  I'd say probably about 16-17 tracks actually stick to the theme of the album which is fucking dope.. a whole album that has a contant theme, dope beats and Em just goes nuts with the different flows etc..

To me this album blows that thrown together album called Encore out of the water.. and I think it stand next to TES fairly well. but to me TES is still a few notches above it.

Seriously people... quit hating.. get over the accent and some of the lyrics and really give it a chance and look at the big picture.. what he wants the theme of the album to be and how each's tracks lyrical content go with that theme.

I agree. I got Beats so I know what you mean. ;)

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #434 on: May 11, 2009, 03:03:14 PM »

me 2.. Specially Bagpipes From baghdad, We Made You, Insane & Underground

+ 1