Author Topic: Official Eminem "Relapse" Discussion Thread  (Read 21277 times)

Matty

Re: I'm a huge Em fan but Relapse is horrible.
« Reply #435 on: May 11, 2009, 03:04:59 PM »
well the beats knock but eminem is far from on point for the most part. 'deja vu' is definitely the best track though.

Rickdeeznutz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #436 on: May 11, 2009, 03:10:44 PM »
Yeah the album has a great theme, u can just play the album all the way thru and its good theme besides few tracks like Beautiful and We made you) but the reast of the album got a really goot theme and it sticks to it. Im hapy with this album

Blasphemy

« Reply #437 on: May 11, 2009, 03:28:41 PM »
well the beats knock but eminem is far from on point for the most part. 'deja vu' is definitely the best track though.

That's cause its Bishop Lamonts "grow Up" with more back round action Lol.Same set up with the drums/guitar rif. Its just modified with extra back round drums and the Guitar is different but you can tell its the same. Over all its a good album, hoping Relapse 2 will be like TMMLP

PLANT

« Reply #438 on: May 11, 2009, 03:53:01 PM »
I think Em flows his ass off on the new album.  The Dre beats are amazing :o  Sure the content could be better, but what else would you expect from Em? 

To me, "Relapse" is like a combination of all his other albums, with top-notch production.  And it gets better every time I listen to it. 

UDollar A.K.A Nino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm sorry you had to see me like that...
« Reply #439 on: May 11, 2009, 04:07:09 PM »
I honestly think people are not really giving this album a chance.. you really need to put some good headphones on and turn this shit up.. no distractions and take in the whole album.  You have to listen to all the elements in the background really listen to the lyrics.  Once you do.. you'll realize that it's actually a very solid album.  I'd say probably about 16-17 tracks actually stick to the theme of the album which is fucking dope.. a whole album that has a contant theme, dope beats and Em just goes nuts with the different flows etc..

To me this album blows that thrown together album called Encore out of the water.. and I think it stand next to TES fairly well. but to me TES is still a few notches above it.

Seriously people... quit hating.. get over the accent and some of the lyrics and really give it a chance and look at the big picture.. what he wants the theme of the album to be and how each's tracks lyrical content go with that theme.

Yeah, agree..
"I have loved you," says the LORD. "Yet you say, 'In what way have you loved us?' "Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" Says the LORD. "Yet Jacob I have loved" - Malachi 1:2

The final season of Lost - 2010

Man On The Moon

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'll Be Posted With My Blunt and A Brew...
« Reply #440 on: May 11, 2009, 04:10:22 PM »
It's an alright album. I don't think it's horrible.

Definitely better than Encore.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #441 on: May 11, 2009, 04:12:28 PM »
You know I've said this 2 or 3 times in the past 2 days but you really need to get through the initial "first impression" experience because I was dissapointed with accent and thatr he showed no growth. Once you get past that phase try listening to it with an open mind, no overanalysing every single word, good music is good music. I also gave him a pass on the growth things, since he was on drugs for the past 7 years so it's understandable that he raps about it. Relapse 2 better be more serious and adress Proof, Interscope, Shady records politics....

I suggest everybody to read that breakdown of the cd Action posted. And the replay value on this cd is impressive people are gonna call me crazy for this but it's better than Marshall Mathers (the replay value that is) for me. MM is obviously a better cd but the replay value was always fishy to me, like with all Eminem material except Slim Shady LP.

Basically Slim Shady LP verses + Relapse production= classic

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #442 on: May 11, 2009, 04:20:03 PM »
Everyone did catch the one line on the album where he talks about Proof right?

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #443 on: May 11, 2009, 04:22:49 PM »

Yeah, the Deshaun excuse.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #444 on: May 11, 2009, 04:25:32 PM »
I was wondering who Deshaun was, didn't know that was Proof's name. Props

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #445 on: May 11, 2009, 04:28:49 PM »

Yeah, the Deshaun excuse.

Yea wasn't a tribute or anything.. but he did mention him.. I figure he's going to have the more serious song about Proof on Relapse 2.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #446 on: May 11, 2009, 04:48:16 PM »
I geuss im the only one feeling the album, ounce you get over the accent. The album is pretty dope. I think its better than Encore and right there with Eminem Show. Its a dark, grimey album. And i love all the drug refrences like back in the day with the Slim Shady lp. And besides that the production is flawless. Its not his best album but not his worste.

I feel you guys. I like it too.

hands down agree.

don't let one persons opinon change yours, who gives a fuck?

shit was solid/dope. 8)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Official Eminem "Relapse" Discussion Thread
« Reply #447 on: May 11, 2009, 04:58:35 PM »
I've noticed a lot of people saying Relapse is better than The Eminem Show. I think some of you are just happy that Relapse wasn't an abortion like Encore. The Eminem Show is still way better than Relapse.

easily, The Eminem Show is a near classic in my book.

but this is hated on WAY too much & its way better than Encore.

some of you guys have to bump beautiful and get what he's saying. ;) 8)

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #448 on: May 11, 2009, 05:07:20 PM »
i gave this a good listen over the past few days, still think it's poor.

it's possible to dislike this album and not be a hater.

true.. I just think most people are just hating and not really giving it a chance and a proper listen..

if you did..props to you.. too bad you don't like it.. hopefully Relapse 2 will spark your interest
2!!!lord please no!!!

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #449 on: May 11, 2009, 05:18:49 PM »
I do think this record was lyrical.
I do think it was creative and is a concept album.
I do think the beats weren't in-your-face fiyah on purpose. 
I do think the beats support the lyrics.
I do think his flow is straight.
I do think the accent is on purpose and represents the alter ego Slim Shady.  It does not bother me.
I do think Em is one of the most honest out even when his music isn't of the same quality or the same shock it used to. 
I do think Em is aware of this and it makes him more compelling because he continues to release music and spits about it.

I do think most people don't understand Relapse is a concept record and focus on relatively meaningless shit when they reflect on the album
I do think discussion is tight but none of it really matters because if you like it, you like it. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks