Author Topic: CNNSI's Current MLB Power Rankings  (Read 136 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
CNNSI's Current MLB Power Rankings
« on: May 07, 2009, 02:38:58 PM »
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/ted_keith/05/07/power.rankings/index.html

Dodgers are number 1, but Manny is about to be out for about 50 games.  Nice to see the Blue-Jays having success this year.  When was the last time they were good?   And the two cross town rivals the Royals and Cards are both in the top 5.  No surprise to see the Cards there, but the Royals are on a 6 game win streak and could be this years Tampa Bay Devil Rays  8)
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: CNNSI's Current MLB Power Rankings
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 10:10:01 AM »
The Dodgers still shouldn't have much problem in that division.  Even if they play .500 ball in those 50 games I still think they'll be up at the top or close to it.
The Jays were good last year, they were just in by far the toughest division in baseball.  They finished 86-76 last year with a pythagorean win/loss record of 93-69, could be the best 4th place team ever.  Too bad they couldn't have the hitting success they are experiencing right now last year.
I'm still not sure the Cards can hold off the Cubs all year long, I still think the Cubs will take it.  As for the Royals?  Sure they have a shot, the central division isn't looking too scary, wide open if you ask me.

Jaydc555

Re: CNNSI's Current MLB Power Rankings
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 11:45:41 AM »
Yep the blue jays are in the tougest division in baseball by a long ways.