Author Topic: For real, why do you all hate Jimmy Iovine so much?  (Read 549 times)

Matty

Re: For real, why do you all hate Jimmy Iovine so much?
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2009, 04:10:33 PM »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2009, 01:21:56 PM »
Because people need someone to point the finger at and say he's the reason the musid industry is like.Same with soulja boy.Its much easier for people to take their frustrations out on a few selected people then to really examine the truth.
Lot of truth in that statement there. It's a lot of kids complaining because music isn't what they want it to be yet they download just about everything. What people don't get is Universal Music/Interscope has a shit load of executives behind these projects. Their demographic isn't the "I'm only gonna buy it if it's 100% West Coast and if not, I'm gonna download and call it garbage on message boards" crowd. If you're in a decision-making spot at one of these labels and your job depends on you pulling in numbers, you're gonna go with what works. It sucks because the music is kind of weak these days but it is what it is.

No their demographic is the "if its west coast we don't want to hear it, no matter how dope it is."

I don't know the rest of you on here, but I buy all my albums, apart from the leaked and rare songs I get on here. Why are you assuming west coast fans download any more than anyone else? I would think we would actually download less because we come from an era where people were actually buying albums.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2009, 01:30:00 PM »
Jimmy has too much power & makes a lot of bad decisions.

word.

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=160577.0

if you ain't down with the KJIM, fuck you! :P 8)