Author Topic: The official "Say Hi to the Bad Guy" discussion thread  (Read 9747 times)

GangstaBoogy

Re: The official "Say Hi to the Bad Guy" discussion thread
« Reply #225 on: May 12, 2009, 12:49:01 PM »
Eastwood outshined the fuck outta Crooked on this whole album. Wood set the tone for every track, did the first verse, did most of the hooks, Ray J made every song he was on (except "Bitch!") a lot better. Crook was like a guest on his own album. I think the album most people are hoping for is "Untouchable".
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Okka

« Reply #226 on: May 12, 2009, 12:52:52 PM »
To be honest I never really thought about it...

I'm just saying that I never considered it a Death Row song, because the album it was on isn't a Death Row album. It's pretty much a DPG days - era track though being that it dropped in '99.

So you don't consider "Deep Cover" and "Keep Their Heads Ringin" Death Row songs, just cuz they wasn't on a Death Row album? "Uh Oh" could be considered as a Death Row/DPG era track.

Zeus

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #227 on: May 12, 2009, 01:03:06 PM »
"Uh Oh" was recorded before he signed with Death Row so it definitely isnt a DR song.

Matter of fact the compilation it was on was called "escape from death row" ironically enough. I think it was recorded in 98.
Best west coast board on the net, sign up

http://WWW.BASEMENT24.PROBOARDS.COM/

Okka

« Reply #228 on: May 12, 2009, 01:24:48 PM »
"Uh Oh" was recorded before he signed with Death Row so it definitely isnt a DR song.

Matter of fact the compilation it was on was called "escape from death row" ironically enough. I think it was recorded in 98.

Yeah, we all know that. BUT Crooked I been around Death Row since the "Murder Was The Case" days, kickin' it with Snoop Doggy Dogg & Big C-Style.
That's why i consider it a song from the Death Row/D.P.G. era.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 01:27:39 PM by Okka »

JohnnyL

« Reply #229 on: May 12, 2009, 04:08:03 PM »
i'm not well versed on crooked's material. is this ftp release anything new or just old tracks thrown together.

i was looking forward to this release as a way to catch up and hear some of crooked's best material from that era but it sounds half assed from what people are saying.

There is a lot of material on FTP's release that was previously unheard.  I think the only tracks on there that had already been heard up to that point where "Hoodstar," and "I'm So Crooked."  Although even "Hoodstar" on here is a little different.

-im so crooked
-hoodstar
-so damn hood
-bitch

these were available before...atleast i had them

You had these tracks even before the original Death Row Finest / Los Skanless Native project was being offered?

Good call on the "Bitch" track being previously heard.  I forgot to mention that one.  I didn't include "So Damn Hood" because the two mixes on the FTP cd are so different than the final, and only the one with Sisqo had been previously heard. And that was in crap quality.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 04:09:40 PM by JohnnyL »

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #230 on: May 12, 2009, 04:21:43 PM »
i'm not well versed on crooked's material. is this ftp release anything new or just old tracks thrown together.

i was looking forward to this release as a way to catch up and hear some of crooked's best material from that era but it sounds half assed from what people are saying.

There is a lot of material on FTP's release that was previously unheard.  I think the only tracks on there that had already been heard up to that point where "Hoodstar," and "I'm So Crooked."  Although even "Hoodstar" on here is a little different.

-im so crooked
-hoodstar
-so damn hood
-bitch

You had these tracks even before the original Death Row Finest / Los Skanless Native project was being offered?

yes :D

didnt know tey were "rare" at all to be honest
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

EFFeX

« Reply #231 on: May 12, 2009, 04:29:29 PM »

Yeah, we all know that. BUT Crooked I been around Death Row since the "Murder Was The Case" days, kickin' it with Snoop Doggy Dogg & Big C-Style.
That's why i consider it a song from the Death Row/D.P.G. era.

Yeah, but just cause you kick it with someone signed to another label doesn't mean that your on that label tool. So, basically your saying all the material Crooked I recorded after Virgin Records is Death Row era... Not quite. Death Row era didn't start until he signed.

EFFeX

« Reply #232 on: May 12, 2009, 04:30:53 PM »

-im so crooked
-hoodstar
-so damn hood
-bitch

LOL, How could you not know they were rare? Whenever someone talks about So Damn Hood the very first thing that someone says is, "I wish I could have the Big Hutch" version.

Not to mention absolutely no one was ever mentioning the other tracks except for insiders.

It's all good though homie...  8)

EFFeX

« Reply #233 on: May 12, 2009, 04:32:02 PM »
Eastwood outshined the fuck outta Crooked on this whole album. Wood set the tone for every track, did the first verse, did most of the hooks, Ray J made every song he was on (except "Bitch!") a lot better. Crook was like a guest on his own album. I think the album most people are hoping for is "Untouchable".

I'm still hoping to hear Say Hi To The Bad Guy, hopefully that album will be released one day.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #234 on: May 12, 2009, 04:40:55 PM »

-im so crooked
-hoodstar
-so damn hood
-bitch

LOL, How could you not know they were rare? Whenever someone talks about So Damn Hood the very first thing that someone says is, "I wish I could have the Big Hutch" version.

Not to mention absolutely no one was ever mentioning the other tracks except for insiders.

It's all good though homie...  8)

i DL every Crooked I project i see

those tracks were available to others AT SOME POINT IN TIME lol  - not sure why others didnt find them like i did lol.
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Aaron

• 'G'
  • C.O.B. Circle of Bosses
« Reply #235 on: May 12, 2009, 05:37:18 PM »
^^^^ I dont believe you Hack, sorry dude but nah you didnt have them tracks until they leaked!

EFFeX

« Reply #236 on: May 12, 2009, 05:41:04 PM »
^^^^ I dont believe you Hack, sorry dude but nah you didnt have them tracks until they leaked!

Although, it's very possible that perhaps someone posted the songs on a forum and didn't know what they were posting and a few people got their hands on them. Who knows.

I just find it strange that The Dynasty Online Community didn't have these tracks and someone else did... Seems a little odd.

I was a regular member of the Death Row forum and a day one member of Dynasty Online Community and know that So Damn Hood OG never leaked on those sites PUBLICLY, meaning out in the open. Don't know about the other tracks, but like you I download every Crooked project as well.

Doesn't matter anyway, they are leaked now.  8)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 05:43:43 PM by EFFeX »

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #237 on: May 12, 2009, 05:43:58 PM »

1-ive been collected crooked i tracks since 2003 man, ive came across damn near everything...alot of this shit was new to me but not all of it
2-don't really careif you believe me or not, we'll never meet in real life

Okka

« Reply #238 on: May 12, 2009, 05:50:42 PM »
Yeah, but just cause you kick it with someone signed to another label doesn't mean that your on that label tool. So, basically your saying all the material Crooked I recorded after Virgin Records is Death Row era... Not quite. Death Row era didn't start until he signed.

I didn't mean it like that but fuck it, forget it.

bad-n-fluenz supporter of the dangerous crew movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #239 on: May 12, 2009, 06:53:39 PM »

Yeah, but some of the songs on my CD have better quality than the previous ones - this project was about "Quality" from the day one.. Anyway, props to everybody who liked that album. I didn't expect it to do so well, I made it for the DubCnn community and now shit's every fuckin' where 8)
[/quote]

yep..it made its way to ebay also