Author Topic: The official "Say Hi to the Bad Guy" discussion thread  (Read 9724 times)

FuckTheWorld

• 'G'
Re: The official "Say Hi to the Bad Guy" discussion thread
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2009, 09:18:20 PM »
ohhhhhh fuckkkkkkk
this shit is fuckin insane
even tho this is not the real/full album...
ill still buy this shit if it drops officially

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2009, 09:18:56 PM »
Wasn't there like 2 versions of SHTTBG or was that Untouchable?

I believe there were 2 recordings of both actually...

Interesting. Would like to know what the official tracklist looked like for SHTTBG.

EFFeX

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2009, 09:20:04 PM »

Interesting. Would like to know what the official tracklist looked like for SHTTBG.

I do not believe a finalized tracklisting exists, but there are tracks that were spoken of for many years that would have ended up on it.

Al Bundy

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2009, 09:22:58 PM »
thanks GB. saved me the hassle of uploading it

props to the homie who hooked it up!

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2009, 09:23:02 PM »

I do not believe a finalized tracklisting exists, but there are tracks that were spoken of for many years that would have ended up on it.

Didn't SHTTBG have an actual release date? I figured they would've had a tracklist when they were promoting it?

EFFeX

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2009, 09:28:27 PM »

Didn't SHTTBG have an actual release date? I figured they would've had a tracklist when they were promoting it?

It DID a few times, but kept getting pushed back. It was actually available for pre-order on Amazon. However, I've been told by many people that there was not a finalized tracklisting. I do believe though that the only person who truly knows what would have appeared on the project is Crooked.

Bones01

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2009, 09:29:54 PM »
with those numerious interviews you think someone would have asked him >:( So is another group also releasing a version of this?

EFFeX

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2009, 09:31:31 PM »
with those numerious interviews you think someone would have asked him >:( So is another group also releasing a version of this?

Who knows... I do want to hear the rest, but I hope people can control themselves now so we can get a good release from WIDEAwake (the new owners of the Death Row catalog) in the future.

JohnnyL

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2009, 09:35:11 PM »
How long do you think until Shorty-O decides to start selling this?

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2009, 09:38:01 PM »
+1 to Gangsta Boogy & Al Bundy.  8)

Rickdeeznutz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2009, 09:38:58 PM »
Can somone post up other Death Row era Crooked I tracks that somone leaked when LSN was trying to sell his project?? I think there were 5 maybe 6 tracks that were posted...My comp crashed, if somone could please hook those up soo i can add them to this project....iT would be greatlly appreciated, Props the the OP for hooking this up!! I still cant belive this came out!!

EFFeX

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2009, 09:41:22 PM »
Can somone post up other Death Row era Crooked I tracks that somone leaked when LSN was trying to sell his project?? I think there were 5 maybe 6 tracks that were posted...My comp crashed, if somone could please hook those up soo i can add them to this project....iT would be greatlly appreciated, Props the the OP for hooking this up!! I still cant belive this came out!!

There is only one more, the rest are on this project...

There are tracks on the LSN project that still haven't leaked though.

Aaron

• 'G'
  • C.O.B. Circle of Bosses
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2009, 09:46:26 PM »
Ok now Here's my review for the bootleg FTP Crooked I Project. I call it a bootleg project because this is in no way Say Hi To The Bad Guy.

01] Crooked I - Hood Star (OG) feat. Tamara Savage – Similar beat to the version released by Wide Awake, but with more bass. Different adlibs from Crook and Tamara  4/5

02] Crooked I - I’m So Crooked – Gangsta track, you already know!  5/5

03] Kurupt - Boss Me Up feat. Roscoe, Eastwood, Tri Star & Crooked I – Sounds like they had a Crooked I acapella of the wake up show freestyle and just pasted that over the beat of the track, I thought this because at the end of Tri-Star's verse he is cut halfway through his speach and it doesnt sound right. A bad attempt of the transition between the artists. Also sounded like it was a Kurupt track, maybe a throw away track from Against the grain.  2/5

04] Eastwood - La La feat. Crooked I – This song is actually better described as being Eastwood featuring Crooked I since East does the first two verses and the hook and Crooked only does the third verse.  Probably could’ve been a single on an Eastwood album.  3/5

05] Crooked I - So Damn Hood (OG Hutch Version) feat. Sisqo – Ah yes, the version we all heard on Hot 97 back in the day.  So much better than the Darren Vegas version.  This version has more bass and generally the beat just sounds fuller.  5/5

06] Crooked I - Take The Title feat. Eastwood & Gangxta Ridd – Great Track, I like the beat, although its the same verse from Hood Near You it still sounds hot, It does has some different adlibs though. Overall Nice diss track to Lennox Lewis.  4/5

07] Kurupt - Suge’s West Coast feat. Eastwood, Crooked I & Ray-J – Doesnt really sound like a Crooked I album track, Maybe a Kurupt track. I didnt really like it.  3/5

08] Ray-J, Eastwood, Michel’le, Crooked I & Spider Loc - Lil Youngstaz – Good Track, I liked it. Dunno if this was a Crooked track though, Sounds like it was maybe a Dysfunktional Family throw away.  5/5

09] Crooked I - Bitch feat. Too Short, Ray-J, Eastwood & Virginya Slimm – I like the track, Kinda reminds me of Snoop when I hear it, dont know why though!  4/5

10] Crooked I - So Damn Hood (OG Hutch Version, Solo) – Same production as the version with Sisqo. Crooked does the hook, It’s pretty obvious it was just a placeholder for a singer although its still dope to listen to.  4/5

11] Eastwood - House Party feat. Crooked I & Ray-J – Again this doesnt sound like a track from a Crooked I album, more like an Eastwood track! Still a good song though.  4/5

12] Crooked I - Dollas In My Hand – We all know this wasnt ment for Say Hi To The Bad Guy so I dont know why it was thrown in like most of these tracks. Still a classic Crooked club track. Also dont know why there is a minute's worth of music at the end of the track, they should of just faded it.  4/5

13] Kurupt - Frontline feat. Eastwood, Crooked I, Roscoe, Virginya Slimm & Tri Star – Great Track, although this also sounds like a Kurupt track, Maybe this is where all the Crooked I features on Against The Grain went lol  4/5

14] Crooked I - Gangsta Rap (OG) feat. Tha Dogg Pound – How many times has this song been mixed now?? Still a good track.  4/5

15] Ray-J, Eastwood, Crooked I & Gangxta Ridd - Me & My Dogg (R.I.P. Buntry) (OG) – Great track, Dont know if this would of been on Say Hi To The Bad Guy but I would of been happy regardless.  5/5

Overall, the music to listen to is like a 4/5.

FTP Really messed up when they released this, maybe a rushed project to see as much profit as possible, They obviously have more tracks for other compilations. Either way this may be the only way we ever get to hear this music unless WideAWAKE comes through and they looking pretty good atm with the Death Row Sampler being released and all.

Its just a shame that the music had to come out like this but Im grateful I got to listen to it regardless. Not what I expected after the years of waiting for Say Hi To The Bad Guy.

Think you talking bout these tracks??? Half are only radio drops and the others are already on the project!

Im So Crooked
Bitch
Who Wants To Fuck Tonite (ALT)
So Damn Hood (Remix)
The B-Side
Felli Fel
Fantastic Four

and than Hood Star Leaked!!

Well, FTP's project is out... Nothing can change that now.

I guess if people really want to start putting together a semi-realistic project, don't forget "Who Wants To Fuck Tonight (OG)"

Wasnt that released on Dysfunktional Family with Danny Boy?? So its not really ment for this project like Dollars in my hand, Gangsta rap ect.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 12:55:16 AM by Aaron »

EFFeX

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2009, 09:53:47 PM »

Think you talking bout these tracks??? Half are only radio drops and the others are already on the project!

Im So Crooked
Bitch
Who Wants To Fuck Tonite (ALT)
So Damn Hood (Remix)
The B-Side
Felli Fel
Fantastic Four

and than Hood Star Leaked!!

Well, FTP's project is out... Nothing can change that now.

I guess if people really want to start putting together a semi-realistic project, don't forget "Who Wants To Fuck Tonight (OG)"

Wasnt that released on Dysfunktional Family with Danny Boy?? So its not really ment for this project like Dollars in my hand, Gangsta rap ect.

The OG version with Ray J instead of Danny Boy is said to have been originally planned for SHTTBG back in the day. Then it went to Dysfunktional Family instead. The only reason I believe that it was for SHTTBG is because I remember hearing about this track before Dysfunktional Family dropped. This is only what I've been told though, I can not promise this as fact.

By the way, I didn't count the drops as SHTTBG tracks, cause they are just promotional joints for the radio. I also didn't count "Hood Star" cause I didn't count it as a leak, WIDE Awake released that for free. Also didn't count "So Damn Hood (Remix)" since that been leaked for bout 7 years now. So I figured everyone had that anyway.

Also, Take The Title is not a Say Hi To The Bad Guy track either, it was a Lennox Lewis diss that was going to be for Mike Tyson.

I got to be honest though when you listen to the CD, you wonder how many other songs weren't meant for SHTTB, some of these sound like unreleased Kurupt if you ask me.

There's a whole list of Crooked I tracks that haven't been released yet, I think we have only seen the tip of the iceberg.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 09:58:24 PM by EFFeX »

EFFeX

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2009, 09:55:01 PM »
Oh by the way, that So Damn Hood without Sisqo is dope.  8)