Author Topic: The official "Say Hi to the Bad Guy" discussion thread  (Read 9738 times)

JohnnyL

Re: The official "Say Hi to the Bad Guy" discussion thread
« Reply #180 on: May 10, 2009, 11:30:22 PM »
Found this posted on another forum.

Quote:
Here is an "EP" that FTP (For the People) released. Basically its a lot of stuff that this dude had that was made in the same years Say Hi To The Bad Guy was recorded. Most of these tracks wouldn't have appeared on this album, and its pretty clear that some of these tracks are different artists featuring Crooked I. Anyways it's still a pretty good collection of unreleased Crooked I Death Row era tracks.

I think it's funny how hearsay and rampant speculation suddenly becomes fact when enough people keep repeating it.  Lol.  Look, people can have opinions on what they believe to be true.  But something isn't true just because you say it is.  The fact is, none of us know for sure what would have been put on the final version of "Say Hi to the Bad Guy."  Maybe Crooked I could shed some light on what was recorded for what.  But other than that, no one can really say with certainty.

Some of these tracks are really not meant to be on the album though, it's not common knowledge but there's a lot of reliable sources regarding some of these tracks.

Well, I'll admit, I'm far from an expert.  Are there others besides the four I mentioned?  And if so, can you name which ones they are?  I still think the majority of these songs are album tracks.  Maybe there's more than just the four.  But I bet out of 15 songs, more of them are album tracks than are not. 

I'm getting lost with all the posts, but here is my opinion on the whole thing.

We know there were at least two albums worth of Say Hi To The Bad Guy material. Now, I am speaking just from my beliefs, even though I have loose facts and reasoning.

On the FTP release I believe that "Dollaz In My Hand", "Gangsta Rap (OG)", both "So Damn Hoods" and "Take The Title" would not have appeared on a finalized version of Say Hi To The Bad Guy. I DO believe that we would have seen "Hood Star" (the WIDE Awake version), "Bitch", "Me & My Dogg" and probably "I'm So Crooked" although that's just because I think it sounds album quality. However, we know this isn't the finalized version of "I'm So Crooked". As far as the other songs, I don't have any REAL proof, but they just do not sound like they were meant for Crooked's album. It sounds like "La La" was an Eastwood track and "Frontline" as well as "Boss Me Up" sound like Kurupt left-overs. There is nothing disproving that the other songs weren't meant for the project though, they were more than likely meant for the project. Although Mike Toreno's recent information is interesting and worth considering.

There are also tracks that are missing from the tracklisting. These tracks include "Live From Tha Row", "Slap Back", "I Shoulda Made You My Wife" and a rumored track called "Another Day In The LBC" which I have no information about, but a title. Additionally we know there are tracks recorded for the Say Hi To The Bad Guy sessions featuring Murder Inc artists as well as a Jadakiss and a Scarface track which were mentioned before the album's original public release date. There are a few additional tracks mentioned, but because I can find no additional information that proves they are nothing more than hearsay I won't even mention them.

Now you have the LSN / DRF project, which includes songs like "Thug & His Wife", "Cali Luv 3",  "Do It Again", "Fuck Em", "Fuck With You", etc. I have no information regarding these tracks to disprove them. So I can't argue that those were not meant for the album. The track that they leaked "Who Wants to Fuck Tonight (OG)" was meant for Say Hi To The Bad Guy at one point, but later removed. This is common knowledge. Without confirmation we'd only be able to speculate whether or not they are meant for the album by the way they sound.

Now aside from the LSN / DRF project, FTP release and tracks I mentioned above we know there are at the very least 30 other tracks that COULD have been for Say Hi To The Bad Guy. This number was reached through the leaked Death Row inventory documents as well as additional research I've done over the years. Now it's quite possible that some of the tracks are titled incorrectly on the DRF & FTP release, but once again, I do not believe there's any supporting evidence to support that.

I know I forget to mention a whole bunch of stuff, but I'm mad tired and can't remember everything off the top of my head. However, I think that some of this reasoning is at least worth considering when making a judgement on how legitimate the FTP release actually is. Bottom line, yes, some of those tracks more than likely were for Say Hi To The Bad Guy and some were not. We DO know that there is TONS of music left off of their copy. There could be some sure-hit classics left off of these projects. From a fan stand-point I truly do not believe that this was the best Crooked recorded on Death Row. We've heard some Untouchable songs and snippets as well as some of Daz Dillingers copy of Say Hi To The Bad Guy and there are some timeless classics in those collections. To label that "mixtape" that FTP sold as Crooked I's final body of work on Death Row seems unreasonable, because it would almost say that he took a step backward.

Like I said, this is my beliefs on the subject. I am not a former employee of Death Row, just a fan who has done a lot of research.

I agree with you on "Dollas N' My Hand," "Gangsta Rap (OG)," Both "So Damn Hood (OG)'s" and "Take the Title" (I forgot to mention that one earlier), all not being intended for this album.   
 I also agree that "Hood Star," "Bitch," and "Me and My Dog" were all probably meant to be on the album (at least at one time).
 Also agree that it's pretty much confirmed that "Who Wants to Fuck Tonight (OG)," was at one time a "SHTTBG" track, but was later moved to the "Dysfunktional Family" soundtrack.
 However, I'm not so sure about "La La," "Boss Me Up," and "Frontline" not being intended for the album.  This is definitely possible, but difficult to say for sure.  Personally I don't think "Boss Me Up" and "Frontline" are Kurupt tracks because even though he makes appearances on them, he hardly raps.  I would concur though that the possibility is probably a little greater that "La La" is an Eastwood track.  Although it's not necessarily so, just because Eastwood has more lines in the song.  But I have to admit, it seems like a definite possibility.
 Personally, I believe that "Thug and His Wife," "Cali Luv 3," "Do it Again," "Fuck 'Em," "Fuck With You," "Haters," and "Live from the Row," were all recorded for "Say Hi to the Bad Guy," although it's impossible to say how many of them would have made it onto the final album if it had been released.
 I agree that there's definitely tracks missing from both, including "Should Have Made You My Wife," and "Slap Back."  I personally had never heard of "Another Day in LBC," but I don't doubt it.  Especially since we still don't know which tracks were supposed to feature Scarface, Nas, or Jadakiss.
  All in all, you make some good points.  There still isn't concrete evidence, but your logic seems sound.  I guess I'm partially just surprised that everyone else is surprised about this not being the official album.  For one thing, FTP put it out.  So it stands to reason that it probably wouldn't have been a perfectly correct tracklist.  Either way, it's an album-worth of Crooked I tracks that no one had before.

Portugoal

« Reply #181 on: May 11, 2009, 12:25:22 AM »
I didn't read all 8 pages, but LMFAO @ this comment:
Whos is this Ganxsta Ridd, some homie of Suges?
Any other songs/features you people know?

;D

* Jesus Christ is downloading now! Fuck FTP :D

Mietek23

« Reply #182 on: May 11, 2009, 01:26:49 AM »

V2DHeart

« Reply #183 on: May 11, 2009, 02:07:19 AM »
What more can I say? My dubcnn family, enjoy...

Crooked I - Say Hi to the Bad Guy
http://www.zshare.net/download/5981918753a273dd/

Shout out to the homie (who shall remain nameless) for makin this all possible. And shout out to Crooked I!

Nameless? doesn't matter. People know who he is, and he's now banned. This guy does know that there's a Say Hi To The Bad Guy with:

So Damm Hood (remix)
Jack 101
Live at Tha Row
Slap Back
Welcome to LA
Shoulda Made You My Wife

etc. etc.

other people do have this material, so at the end of the day it could have came from the other source supplying it, but since not, I guess this guy should enjoy his 3 minutes of net fame, while he's forgotten about and others get to enjoy the percs of purchasing the rarer, and more sought after Crooked I material :)
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

hobomotel

« Reply #184 on: May 11, 2009, 02:13:33 AM »
from FTP website on purchasing SHTTBG

"Updated 5/10/09: Purchasing this release will NOT guarantee access to "level 2"."

Biggzy

« Reply #185 on: May 11, 2009, 05:16:08 AM »
Gangxta ridd is from the boo yaa tribe

Biggzy

« Reply #186 on: May 11, 2009, 05:36:10 AM »
i think 'still the row' shoulda been on SHTTBG.. it would have made a good 1st track 2 the album..

Mietek23

« Reply #187 on: May 11, 2009, 05:45:55 AM »
Here's my quick review after listening to this CD:

01) Hoodstar OG - Good track, but I've expected something more from Crook on this one as it was supposed to be his first single back in the day.. it's a nice track tho, this version had some more bass added to the previous one released by WideAwake. Crooked raps are on point and Tamara Savage does a nice hook - overall I rate this song 3/5

02) I'm So Crooked - Now that's the shit I want to hear from "Mr. I-C-O-N" 8)! Even tho the song was leaked some time ago by DeathRowFinest I'm STILL bangin' that one and just can't stop! Great beat and dope raps from Crook makes it perfect - 5/5

03) Boss Me Up - it's really a Kurupt track with features from Crook, Wood and Scoe but it bangs hard! Shame it was scrapped from Against Tha Grain cause it would fit the album perfectly! Eastwood steal this one with his verse, but Kurupt & Crook both come close.. Great track 5/5

04) La La - More of a Eastwood track featuring Crooked I but it's nice - didn't really liked the beat but it's always good to hear "East The Beast" and Crooked I collabo.. 3/5

05) So Damn Hood OG - Finally OG version in CDQ! Been waiting for this to drop prolly since 2004.. Hutch beat is so far better from D. Vegas remake that it really feels like listen to a new song - great! 4/5

06) Take The Tittle - A diss song from Row inmatez to Lenox Lewis, it's a good one. Eastwood comes with the best verse, I assume it was written from a Tyson perspective after listen to it.. Crooked also comes hard but his verse been known for years.. Ganxsta Ridd is wack tho with lines like "Tyson is a gangsta nigga and Lenox Lewis is a bitch nigga", not really a creative rhymes - 3,5/5

07) Suge's West Coast - Prolly my biggest disapointment on this CD.. I've expected it to be a stand-out of the album, a vicious song but the beat and chours are wack, just can't feel this one.. shame - 2/5

08) Lil' Youngstaz - Again more of a Eastwood tack but still a good song. Great chours by Ray J with some nice adlibs from Michel'le and good verses from both Crooked I & Eastwood.. Even Spider Loc suprised me on this one with a ok apperance :) 4/5

09) Bitch - Another good one, really feelin' the beat on this track. All rapers come out correctly with their verses but Short Dog shines on it in my opinion.. 4/5

10) So Damn Hood OG Solo - This is the best version of the song that I've heard. The beat bangs even harder and without Sisqo gay ass hook, I can listen to it over and over again ;D 5/5

11) House Party - A dope track from Eastoowd featuring Crooked I. Great beat from Big Hutch gives this song smooth vibe, lovin' it! 4,5/5

12) Dollaz In My Hands OG - Never really liked that one. It was recorded for Untouchable album, it's a good song but it just don't move me like that, don't know why.. 3/5

13) Frontline - Again, more of a "feat. Crooked I" type of track but it's good.. I assume it was recorded durning the ATG sessions but I like it. Good beat + dope verse from Eastwood = 3/5

14) Me & My Dog OG - Great way to end the album! Dope, mellow track dedicated to the memory to Big Buntry [RIP]. I believe it was played at his funeral.. beautiful chours by Ray J and great, deep lyrics by both - Crooked I and Eastwood. It's a type of track I would love to see 'Pac spitting on it... 5/5

Overall, the whole album is pretty good. We all know this isin't the actual Say Hi To The Bad Guy, just a compilation of songs from Row era put together by FTP. The highlights of this CD are def "I'm So Crooked", "Boss Me Up", "So Damn Hood OG", " House Party" and "Me & My Dogg" - the biggest disapointment  to me is "Suge's West Coast" but overall I rate this compilation 3,9/5 8)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 05:48:25 AM by YoungThug23 »

Rudki

« Reply #188 on: May 11, 2009, 06:45:11 AM »
love that 'house party' track...why didnt hutch produce a banger like that for his own solo albums i wonder...or the later above the law projects.. :-\

EFFeX

« Reply #189 on: May 11, 2009, 08:02:01 AM »
What more can I say? My dubcnn family, enjoy...

Crooked I - Say Hi to the Bad Guy
http://www.zshare.net/download/5981918753a273dd/

Shout out to the homie (who shall remain nameless) for makin this all possible. And shout out to Crooked I!

Nameless? doesn't matter. People know who he is, and he's now banned. This guy does know that there's a Say Hi To The Bad Guy with:

So Damm Hood (remix)
Jack 101
Live at Tha Row
Slap Back
Welcome to LA
Shoulda Made You My Wife

etc. etc.

other people do have this material, so at the end of the day it could have came from the other source supplying it, but since not, I guess this guy should enjoy his 3 minutes of net fame, while he's forgotten about and others get to enjoy the percs of purchasing the rarer, and more sought after Crooked I material :)

Jack 101... Ain't that an Untouchable track?

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #190 on: May 11, 2009, 08:12:05 AM »
SUGE'S WEST COAST = BEST SONG  8)
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #191 on: May 11, 2009, 08:41:44 AM »
so what`s the mystery with track 14 (Gangsta Rap OG)? it can't be found anywhere

EFFeX

« Reply #192 on: May 11, 2009, 08:51:14 AM »
so what`s the mystery with track 14 (Gangsta Rap OG)? it can't be found anywhere

It's Crooked I's alternate verse of Dogg Pound's "Gangsta Rap" from the 2002 album.

crip-hop

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #193 on: May 11, 2009, 09:32:01 AM »

It's Crooked I's alternate verse of Dogg Pound's "Gangsta Rap" from the 2002 album.

someone need to hook up this version

« Reply #194 on: May 11, 2009, 10:10:37 AM »
who produced lil youngstaz? i love that beat