Author Topic: The official "Say Hi to the Bad Guy" discussion thread  (Read 9716 times)

hobomotel

Re: The official "Say Hi to the Bad Guy" discussion thread
« Reply #210 on: May 12, 2009, 07:32:37 AM »
Is the Me and My Dogg on the bootleg the original? The one on the sampler on youtube has K-Ci on the hook as well.

EFFeX

« Reply #211 on: May 12, 2009, 07:39:36 AM »
"Uh Oh" is on Escape From Death Row, which isn't "Death Row Records". However, he had just started fucking with Tha Row around that time right? It's also been debated that "Death Rizzo (Remix)" is fan made and not even real. If actually sounds like someone just built a beat on top of the old one.

It's a nice mixtape though...

"Uh Oh" is from the time that Crook was fuckin with Death Row/DPG if i'm right. I heard too that the remix of "Death Rizzo" is fan made, it don't matter though, it's fuckin bangin and way better then the original version. Crooked should be asked about that track.

"Uh Oh" dropped in '99, which your right is during the DPG days. I was just pointing out that the song itself isn't a song from "Death Row Records" or even "DPG Records".

JohnnyL

« Reply #212 on: May 12, 2009, 09:17:06 AM »
Is the Me and My Dogg on the bootleg the original? The one on the sampler on youtube has K-Ci on the hook as well.

I think K-Ci was added later.  So this is either the original, or it's just missing that vocal layer.

« Reply #213 on: May 12, 2009, 09:48:02 AM »
i'm not well versed on crooked's material. is this ftp release anything new or just old tracks thrown together.

i was looking forward to this release as a way to catch up and hear some of crooked's best material from that era but it sounds half assed from what people are saying.

JohnnyL

« Reply #214 on: May 12, 2009, 09:51:34 AM »
i'm not well versed on crooked's material. is this ftp release anything new or just old tracks thrown together.

i was looking forward to this release as a way to catch up and hear some of crooked's best material from that era but it sounds half assed from what people are saying.

There is a lot of material on FTP's release that was previously unheard.  I think the only tracks on there that had already been heard up to that point where "Hoodstar," and "I'm So Crooked."  Although even "Hoodstar" on here is a little different.

phil uk 69

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #215 on: May 12, 2009, 10:48:07 AM »
I BOUGHT A FEW COPIES OF THE CROOKED I EP AND IM BUMPING IT DAILY

EFFeX

« Reply #216 on: May 12, 2009, 11:10:53 AM »

I think K-Ci was added later.  So this is either the original, or it's just missing that vocal layer.

I actually heard K-Ci's vocals were the originals and they were half assed so they got replaced, but I don't know if that's true.

Okka

« Reply #217 on: May 12, 2009, 11:25:12 AM »
"Uh Oh" dropped in '99, which your right is during the DPG days. I was just pointing out that the song itself isn't a song from "Death Row Records" or even "DPG Records".

You don't consider it to be a Death Row song?

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #218 on: May 12, 2009, 11:46:45 AM »

There is a lot of material on FTP's release that was previously unheard.  I think the only tracks on there that had already been heard up to that point where "Hoodstar," and "I'm So Crooked."  Although even "Hoodstar" on here is a little different.

-im so crooked
-hoodstar
-so damn hood
-bitch

these were available before...atleast i had them
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Jaydc555

« Reply #219 on: May 12, 2009, 11:54:27 AM »
Well in all fairness bitch,I'm so crooked and hood star have only been out for a couple months

EFFeX

« Reply #220 on: May 12, 2009, 12:20:57 PM »

You don't consider it to be a Death Row song?

To be honest I never really thought about it...

I'm just saying that I never considered it a Death Row song, because the album it was on isn't a Death Row album. It's pretty much a DPG days - era track though being that it dropped in '99.

EFFeX

« Reply #221 on: May 12, 2009, 12:22:05 PM »

-im so crooked
-hoodstar
-so damn hood
-bitch

these were available before...atleast i had them

You had these tracks even before the original Death Row Finest / Los Skanless Native project was being offered?

Zeus

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #222 on: May 12, 2009, 12:42:29 PM »
1- Hood Star - 3/5 - tight rhymes, weak hook, average beat

2- I'm So Crooked - 5 /5 - heater

3- Boss Me Up - 3.5/5 - cool track, solid, has to be a Kurupt track

4- La La - 3.5/5 - ok beat, dope hook, has to be an Eastwood track

5- So Damn Hood (OG) - 4.5/5 - banger but Sisqo was a mistake, should've used K Ci or even Tyrese.

6- Take The Title - 3/5 cool beat, ridd and the hook sucked

7- Suge's West Coast - 3/5 ok track gon be skipped most times to be honest

8- Lil Youngstaz - 4/5 cool track im feeling it

9- Bitch feat - 3.5/5 - solid, too short and crook cant hate it-beat couldve been better

10- So Damn Hood (OG Solo) - 5/5 heater, big hutch snapped

11- House Party - 4.5/5 banger, Hutch did his thing again

12- Dollas In My Hand - 2.5/5 - standard generic club song, this was meant for untouchable album

13- Frontline - 2/5 - awful hook, boring beat, i would leave this in the vault for a bit.

14- Me & My Dogg (OG) - 4.5/5 another dope "tribute to dead homies" Death Row song.

overall 7.5/10
Best west coast board on the net, sign up

http://WWW.BASEMENT24.PROBOARDS.COM/

phil uk 69

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #223 on: May 12, 2009, 12:46:33 PM »

13- Frontline - 2/5 - awful hook, boring beat, i would leave this in the vault for a bit.

BORING BEAT? WFT!!! MAN IMO YOUR WRONG ,THE BEAT IS FIRE

Zeus

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #224 on: May 12, 2009, 12:48:36 PM »

BORING BEAT? WFT!!! MAN IMO YOUR WRONG ,THE BEAT IS FIRE

different strokes for different folks
Best west coast board on the net, sign up

http://WWW.BASEMENT24.PROBOARDS.COM/