Author Topic: Scarface is the greatest rapper of all time.  (Read 1650 times)

Lunatic

Re: Scarface is the greatest rapper of all time.
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2009, 04:53:01 PM »
I would have to agree with you on this one Justin Melo
8)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2009, 01:50:23 AM »
Face dreams he was the greatest rapper.

Just because YOU believe he has all classic albums doesn't make it so. And even if he did have a perfect discography, it still doesn't mean shit because there are better rappers. Face is good, but his rhymes aren't very complex and there are far better lyricists out there.

LBCstyle

• 'G'
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2009, 02:14:57 AM »
IMO his last albums aren't that great  :-\
But he's definitely one of the best and has dropped a lot of classics with the Geto Boys and solo...

Lunatic

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2009, 04:40:23 AM »
But he's definitely one of the best and has dropped a lot of classics with the Geto Boys and solo...
You didn't like Emeritus?

ABN

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2009, 08:31:15 AM »
iīm glad iīm not the only one on here thatīs a Face head. the thing about Face thatīs unique is the technically heīs not really a great rapper but his subject matter,beat selection,voice and song writing abilities are on another level. when it comes to to pure lyrical skills heīs not even the best in Houston IMO coz thatīs Ro but the big difference is that Face albums are always jamming and Ro stay dropping average shit.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2009, 09:49:12 AM »

2 things to mention about scarface (recent stuff anyway) for instance I had never heard a full scarface album until I heard the Fix. For me scarface is obviously a good lyricist, is obviously able to express himself and drawn in the listener with his introspective lyrics but his voice gets irritating and furthermore he can't really flow. It is the production and his lyrics which carry the album and it is a very listenable album but in my opinion really tails off after track 8. The reason why I listened to this album is obviously I have heard him before on various collabos but as this album was mentioned as a modern day rap classic, I had to listen to it myself. I think what I am likely to find is that scarface is consistent but the beats need to fit around him, he can't fit around the beats. However for that very reason, I don't think he can be described as great. In addition to which, he isn't going to dazzle anyone with wit, with punch lines, with metaphors, so I genuinely don't think he can be described as a classic.

LBCstyle

• 'G'
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2009, 10:12:53 AM »
You didn't like Emeritus?

Not really, maybe I'll give it a second chance ...

Lunatic

« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2009, 10:46:24 AM »

2 things to mention about scarface (recent stuff anyway) for instance I had never heard a full scarface album until I heard the Fix. For me scarface is obviously a good lyricist, is obviously able to express himself and drawn in the listener with his introspective lyrics but his voice gets irritating and furthermore he can't really flow. It is the production and his lyrics which carry the album and it is a very listenable album but in my opinion really tails off after track 8. The reason why I listened to this album is obviously I have heard him before on various collabos but as this album was mentioned as a modern day rap classic, I had to listen to it myself. I think what I am likely to find is that scarface is consistent but the beats need to fit around him, he can't fit around the beats. However for that very reason, I don't think he can be described as great. In addition to which, he isn't going to dazzle anyone with wit, with punch lines, with metaphors, so I genuinely don't think he can be described as a classic.
The Fix is one of his worst albums though.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2009, 04:43:31 PM »
mainstream u prolly can aruge yeah..imo i say outkast lyric for lyric.. face aint seein big or dre

but texas underground... k-rino got the best catalog to date in texas...nigga got classics the mainstream hasnt heard til this day

ABN

« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2009, 02:29:45 AM »
mainstream u prolly can aruge yeah..imo i say outkast lyric for lyric.. face aint seein big or dre

but texas underground... k-rino got the best catalog to date in texas...nigga got classics the mainstream hasnt heard til this day

yeah Kīs raw with it, by the way. am i the only one that likes Ganksta Nip around here? i havenīt met another person in my life that likes him.

Chad Vader

« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2009, 04:17:22 AM »
mainstream u prolly can argue yeah..IMO i say outcast lyric for lyric.. face ain't seeing big or Dre

but Texas underground... k-rino got the best catalog to date in Texas...nigga got classics the mainstream hasn't heard till this day

yeah Kīs raw with it, by the way. am i the only one that likes Ganksta Nip around here? i haven't met another person in my life that likes him.

Ganksta Nip is tight. K-Rino got some shit,but I wouldn't go as far as saying he's up there with Face.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 07:41:14 AM by Chad Vader »

J2K

« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2009, 05:07:30 AM »
The G Code and Guess Whos Back are my favourite Scarface songs. And Hand of the dead body .  8)

westsiderider323

« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2009, 01:13:46 PM »

yea true k-rino is a beast i b bumpin his shit often

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2009, 02:26:00 PM »
mainstream u prolly can argue yeah..IMO i say outcast lyric for lyric.. face ain't seeing big or Dre

but Texas underground... k-rino got the best catalog to date in Texas...nigga got classics the mainstream hasn't heard till this day

yeah Kīs raw with it, by the way. am i the only one that likes Ganksta Nip around here? i haven't met another person in my life that likes him.

Ganksta Nip is tight. K-Rino got some shit,but I wouldn't go as far as saying he's up there with Face.  ;)

..i know if if was a 5th we'd all be fucked...

but if k had the handouts that face had comin up... face wouldnt even be a factor

everybody face done been with had connection from j to troy he aint have to go thru the struggles k-rino has..

i heard a long time ago.. big mello when he was on rap-a-lot.. was the only nigga to not have ft's from anyone.. kuz they aint wanna let him put k-rino on bone hard or wegonefunk.. forgot which one it was..

hell thinkin bout it.. the 2 cats affiliated with spc.. and rap-a-lot..k-rino wasnt on anyone of their albums...

kinda crazy...

k-rino a lil bit too deep for some tho... that nigga makes u go back n google shit..

Chad Vader

« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2009, 03:06:33 PM »
^^^
k-rino is defintly slept on,dude is tight as fuck. but,let me ask you; you're saying,that if rino got beats from mike dean,n.o joe and john bido he would be recongnized as one of the best?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 03:19:00 PM by Chad Vader »