Poll

Good or Bad album

Good
65 (77.4%)
Bad
19 (22.6%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Author Topic: Official Relapse Poll  (Read 694 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Official Relapse Poll
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2009, 10:58:25 AM »
haha, i take it that people want more of the same on Relapse 2 then  :-X

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2009, 11:00:33 AM »
Love it, but shouldn't there have been more options than "good" or "bad"?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2009, 11:02:16 AM »

i want songs like Beautiful, Underground & Must Be The Ganja only, on two.

but i will settle for another album like this, as long as he doesn't sound too repeatative.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2009, 11:19:34 AM »

but i will settle for another album like this, as long as he doesn't sound too repeatative.
i do want to state that the accent is not the only reason Relapse disappointed me.
but, it does bother me a lot.

i mean the beat of 3am grew on me so much, that in general it would be so hard for an artist to ruin my listening experience, over that beat: yet Eminem managed to do so  :-X

you'll see that Relapse will sell quite well for today's standards, so interscope will let Eminem & Dre do the trick again  :P
otherwise they would have been forced to do something different(whether that would benefit the quality is questionable, but there's a possibility).

from now on, i don't want anyone to make a hiphop is dead type of topic anymore, as some of y'all are actually partly responsible for what you claim to hate

Rickdeeznutz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2009, 11:44:42 AM »
I agree, I think the album is pretty fuckin dope, Wasnt expecting much after Encore. But Em came thru, Its got a consistent theme all the way thru besides a few tracks. And Im loving the grimey, physco pathic, Drug refrences lyrics, the production is flawless. Overall its a great hip hop album...I hope that evryone whos feeling it, goes and buys a copy. We need real hip hop like this to do good sales, It would be nice if Em could beat out Waynes numbers. Its a great album and deserves the proper sales whether it leaked early or not
 8)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2009, 05:21:37 PM »

i do want to state that the accent is not the only reason Relapse disappointed me.

i mean the beat of 3am grew on me so much, that in general it would be so hard for an artist to ruin my listening experience, over that beat: yet Eminem managed to do so  :-X

you'll see that Relapse will sell quite well for today's standards, so interscope will let Eminem & Dre do the trick again  :P
otherwise they would have been forced to do something different(whether that would benefit the quality is questionable, but there's a possibility).

from now on, i don't want anyone to make a hiphop is dead type of topic anymore, as some of y'all are actually partly responsible for what you claim to hate

i get what you mean by that, but i don't think albums like Relapse is a contributing factor to hip hop dying.

at least it had some originality & he didn't sell out to make some shit for the ladies.

but i can see why you & some don't like the album the way some of us do.

bad-n-fluenz supporter of the dangerous crew movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2009, 06:34:31 PM »
this album is fuckin dope! it bumps hard on my system

JRiv

• 'G'
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2009, 07:09:21 PM »
Beyond good.

It's great.

As I've said elsewhere, even if you can't stand the topics, you can't deny that Eminem's wordplay, flow, rhyme structure and mastery of the mic are all astounding. Dude is the epitome of spitting on this album.

Amen!

Listening to "Medicine Ball" as we speak!

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2009, 07:37:36 PM »
Other than "We Made You" which is probably one of the worst tracks I've heard in recent years and "Crack A Bottle" then this album is a solid quality album.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2009, 07:44:12 PM »
i thought it was cool.  not a classic or anything, imo.

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

stillinrehab

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2009, 09:47:00 PM »

i get what you mean by that, but i don't think albums like Relapse is a contributing factor to hip hop dying.

at least it had some originality & he didn't sell out to make some shit for the ladies.

Yeah and its not like it had features From wayne TPain Akon or Ron on this... He could have probaly used this to give shady artists some airtime but whatever.... This was bullshit when I first heard it coming from a guy who was sitting near my top 5 list and I was let down... I still sort of am but I prefer to toss the few track I cant stand and now there is an enjoyable album again... 20 tracks was too many anyways...

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2009, 12:12:28 AM »

oh i wouldn't say that Relapse is too commercial either,
it's just that some of the people on here complain about the mainstream music, yet they let Eminem get away with his forced method of resurrecting Slim Shady  :-\
there's some irony to it, you know?

you're obviously not the problem, as you're honest with your opinion.