Author Topic: Haven't said this since Game 4 of the 2006-2007 1st round series vs Phoenix...  (Read 843 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

the league is not tryna hold the lakers back, if anything, it would be tryna make as much money as possible...Lakers will still advance, regardless, but think about two game 7s on sunday. how much cheese do you think that brings the league? or even betting for that matter...it doesnt even have to be the league. the fact of the matter is, the reffing was horrible to the point of retardedness and nothing can change that.

wouldnt 4 game 7's be even better? How come Denver and the Cavs are done with their series? You think the league wouldnt love to have had Lebron on TV today?  The reason that didnt happen is, because the Cavs beat their team in 4....the Lakers couldnt.  Plain and simple.

building LeBron up and playing Kobe down makes it seem as if theyre on the same level and makes for a stronger interest in rivalry...what didnt u get about my previous points?

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

the league is not tryna hold the lakers back, if anything, it would be tryna make as much money as possible...Lakers will still advance, regardless, but think about two game 7s on sunday. how much cheese do you think that brings the league? or even betting for that matter...it doesnt even have to be the league. the fact of the matter is, the reffing was horrible to the point of retardedness and nothing can change that.

wouldnt 4 game 7's be even better? How come Denver and the Cavs are done with their series? You think the league wouldnt love to have had Lebron on TV today?  The reason that didnt happen is, because the Cavs beat their team in 4....the Lakers couldnt.  Plain and simple.

building LeBron up and playing Kobe down makes it seem as if theyre on the same level and makes for a stronger interest in rivalry...

LOL
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

OG Hack Wilson

lebron is building HIMSELF up
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
Honestly I don't think that was rigged, Houston played much harder in Game 6 and deserved to win. In basketball, refs always miss at least a couple calls, there's so much going on at such a quick pace, but the more agressive team usually gets rewarded (and should). They missed a few today and made some that I agreed with that my friend was complaining about.

If there was a grand scheme to fix games though, then it would make sense to work in favor of the Rockets for that game only, because a Game 7 Sunday featuring last year's 2 finalists would be exciting, especially since there was a 2 day delay compared to the usual 1 day off. But they could have kicked off the Conference Finals today if the Lakers and Celtics had won in their Game 6's. The other argument was about why would they risk the most popular team losing, but if the league felt they could rig it to force a Game 7, they would rig Game 7 if they needed to. Using that as an excuse is pretty low unless there's an obvious screw-up, and you haven't presented any real evidence, other than the marketing possibilty.
I got a bird's eye view

Now_Im_Not_Banned

building LeBron up and playing Kobe down makes it seem as if theyre on the same level and makes for a stronger interest in rivalry...

LOL

hilarious, right? because the NBA has never tried desperately to fabricate rivalries for marketing purposes...ahahaha.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Honestly I don't think that was rigged, Houston played much harder in Game 6 and deserved to win. In basketball, refs always miss at least a couple calls, there's so much going on at such a quick pace, but the more agressive team usually gets rewarded (and should). They missed a few today and made some that I agreed with that my friend was complaining about.

If there was a grand scheme to fix games though, then it would make sense to work in favor of the Rockets for that game only, because a Game 7 Sunday featuring last year's 2 finalists would be exciting, especially since there was a 2 day delay compared to the usual 1 day off. But they could have kicked off the Conference Finals today if the Lakers and Celtics had won in their Game 6's. The other argument was about why would they risk the most popular team losing, but if the league felt they could rig it to force a Game 7, they would rig Game 7 if they needed to. Using that as an excuse is pretty low unless there's an obvious screw-up, and you haven't presented any real evidence, other than the marketing possibilty.

the evidence is how retardedly bias the officiating was. i mean, there was one sequence where Houston blatantly kicked the ball and it wasnt called. now, this wouldnt have been fishy had the Lakers not been called for kickballs in the same exact scenario on not one, but TWO previous possessions.

"THE" MoSav

What a win tonight for the Lakers. Chauncey was out of bounds on that last 3 too. Kobe was so huge down the stretch. Kobe is unreal

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

What a win tonight for the Lakers. Chauncey was out of bounds on that last 3 too. Kobe was so huge down the stretch. Kobe is unreal

the officiating was again horrible in Game 1 vs Denver...almost as if Lakers overcame another fixed game. LOL.

foreal, though, i cant be the only one on this site noticing the horrible discrepancy in officiating that goes against the Lakers...i dunno if it's our attitude as a team that makes the refs hate us or if there's money involved, but there's definitely something there. hell, some dude stopped me at Home Depot today cuz he saw my Laker shirt and started talkin about how horrible the refs were last night...he didnt even talk about the win, just how he cant watch basketball anymore cuz the officiating is so one-sided most the time. :grumpy:

818 TRUCK BRO

• Lil Geezy
  • You Want This?
THE REFS WERE SMOKING SHWAG, THEY NEED TO BE BLOWIN OG LIKE KOBE DOES AFTER GAMES!

OG Hack Wilson

LOL

hilarious, right? because the NBA has never tried desperately to fabricate rivalries for marketing purposes...ahahaha.

lebron doesn't need to be built up
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

"THE" MoSav

the officiating was again horrible in Game 1 vs Denver...almost as if Lakers overcame another fixed game. LOL.

foreal, though, i cant be the only one on this site noticing the horrible discrepancy in officiating that goes against the Lakers...i dunno if it's our attitude as a team that makes the refs hate us or if there's money involved, but there's definitely something there. hell, some dude stopped me at Home Depot today cuz he saw my Laker shirt and started talkin about how horrible the refs were last night...he didnt even talk about the win, just how he cant watch basketball anymore cuz the officiating is so one-sided most the time. :grumpy:

No i agree. My boy is a huge Lakers fan and he was over watching the game and we kept talking about the horrible officiating..I remember 3 times specifically in the first half where chauncey went to the line on 3 AWFUL Calls. One shot Kobe blocked SOOOOOOO clean i was in complete shock when the foul was called...

The Best of 3 Worlds

Kool Beenz

NIK i cant believe your being a girl and blaming refs...

for real dude wtf?

paying refs off is 2007-2008

come up with a better excuse why the Lakers are stuggeling

they had their chance last year as disappointed me

anyways on another note

Cavs chocked again...

GOOD OFFICIATING!!! also

Now_Im_Not_Banned

NIK i cant believe your being a girl and blaming refs...

for real dude wtf?

paying refs off is 2007-2008

come up with a better excuse why the Lakers are stuggeling

they had their chance last year as disappointed me

anyways on another note

Cavs chocked again...

GOOD OFFICIATING!!! also

blaming the refs for a win? how much do you smoke, man? and are you sure it's weed?? LMAO

"THE" MoSav

anybody that watched game 1 cant say there wasnt some awful calls in denvers favor, or there lying to themselves

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

anybody that watched game 1 cant say there wasnt some awful calls in denvers favor, or there lying to themselves

yup...they know it too. they just say otherwise to spite me like some females.