Author Topic: "Classic" Albums that you didnt really feel were classics  (Read 2663 times)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: "Classic" Albums that you didnt really feel were classics
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2009, 01:35:08 AM »
I can't believe you just wrote you could find gucci mane tracks and make it better then illmatic.That could be the dumbest thing I have ever read in my entire life.

Was just about to write it.

kemizt

2euce 7even

« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2009, 04:07:13 AM »
2pacalypse now and strictly 4 my N.I.G.G.A.Z never felt it that much...

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2009, 05:58:52 AM »
I can't believe you just wrote you could find gucci mane tracks and make it better then illmatic.That could be the dumbest thing I have ever read in my entire life.

I was just sayin.  People syse "illmatic" way too much.  it was a beast for when it came out and it was a beast for a while and still is, but 9 tracks (all short songs btw) shouldn't give you a pass as a classic.  Even though i would never debate it too hard but it's like still, that album is way too short to just be labeled an "all time classic"

kuruptDPG

« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2009, 06:40:54 AM »
Thought id make this thread since classic is being thrown around like a everyday word, No hate just some of my opinions

off the top of my head

Jay-Z - Reasonable Doubt.....Amazing album and hands down jays best but it didnt quite do it for me for some reason
Souls Of Mischief - 93 Til' Infinity....Regarded as a classic by hiphop heads but i think most of the songs were dull , the title track is one of the best rap songs ever though.
Tha Dogg Pound - Dogg Food...considered classic by 99% of the users here but imo some boring ass tracks kept it from being a classic.

add on........

great thread by the way. im mainly into westcoast but i dont feel jay'z's first album, couple of gd traks ther and then.

now dogg food....this is a classic definetly cause il tell you why:

1) you have 2 rappers who are legends. you have kurupt whos 1 of the best lyricists and daz being 1 of the best producers ever, that is some combo.
2) it sold 2 million.
3) from that album it let daz produce even better songs eg for 2pac.
4) they coped well without dre on this album even though he mixed it.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2009, 06:51:41 AM »
The Blueprint - I didn't get the whole 'classic' thing. I listened to it again recently and still I try to work out what's so damn good about it. I actually liked parts of Blueprint 2 more than this.

Get Rich Or Die Tryin' - Apart from about 3 tracks, this album is straight garbage. I thought The Massacre was better than this, although it took me until 'Curtis' came out to realise that.

Life After Death - Not that this is a bad album but Ready To Die shits on this in a big way, and that doesn't get much recognition.

Raphael

« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2009, 07:15:10 AM »
Thought id make this thread since classic is being thrown around like a everyday word, No hate just some of my opinions

off the top of my head

Jay-Z - Reasonable Doubt.....Amazing album and hands down jays best but it didnt quite do it for me for some reason
Souls Of Mischief - 93 Til' Infinity....Regarded as a classic by hiphop heads but i think most of the songs were dull , the title track is one of the best rap songs ever though.
Tha Dogg Pound - Dogg Food...considered classic by 99% of the users here but imo some boring ass tracks kept it from being a classic.

add on........

great thread by the way. im mainly into westcoast but i dont feel jay'z's first album, couple of gd traks ther and then.

now dogg food....this is a classic definetly cause il tell you why:

1) you have 2 rappers who are legends. you have kurupt whos 1 of the best lyricists and daz being 1 of the best producers ever, that is some combo.
2) it sold 2 million.
3) from that album it let daz produce even better songs eg for 2pac.
4) they coped well without dre on this album even though he mixed it.
Replace "if we all fucc" and "some bomb azz puzzy" with Got My Mind Made Up(OG) and Cant C Us and What Would You Do as a bonus track...That would be a timeless classic to me 8)

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2009, 07:23:47 AM »
A secret to a classic is figuring out how long you have on audio to keep a listeners attention span.  like you couldn't drop a triple album (with 20 songs a piece) and expect to have everybody hail it as a classic.  Artist have like a 60minute pocket to keep a listener interested and having they head boppin the whole time.  The evidence is in all the albums considered to be Classic are all under 60minutes (some obviously SLIGHTLY longer by a few minutes).

http://www.imeem.com/jukeboxmusic16/music/CM2xUIEz/young-zee-thats-my-nigga-fo-real/

even when you make a mix cd of your personal favorites you never play it from front 2 back (all the time).  music is for the mood and timing is everything.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 07:30:16 AM by RadioTube! Da Cannon »

KaiserSoze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #82 on: May 18, 2009, 08:00:04 AM »
any 2pac album thats considered a classic fits into this not really classic category
Pac has like 5 classic albums.

Unfortunately I have to disagree 100% there, it's just another example of people loving 2 Pac too much to view his music objectively, which I'm sure is the case for most people on the board. I mean I'm one of the biggest Eazy/NWA fans you can find, personally my favorite artist is Eazy, but does he have wack tracks, even if I personally like them? Definately.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #83 on: May 18, 2009, 08:09:24 AM »
Nothing released this decade is a classic album.

This you want to know what a classic is, check here.  And still, maybe only 35-40 of those are real classics.

Moe

« Reply #84 on: May 18, 2009, 08:36:04 AM »
any 2pac album thats considered a classic fits into this not really classic category
Pac has like 5 classic albums.

Unfortunately I have to disagree 100% there, it's just another example of people loving 2 Pac too much to view his music objectively, which I'm sure is the case for most people on the board. I mean I'm one of the biggest Eazy/NWA fans you can find, personally my favorite artist is Eazy, but does he have wack tracks, even if I personally like them? Definately.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #85 on: May 18, 2009, 09:23:36 AM »
2pacalypse now and strictly 4 my N.I.G.G.A.Z never felt it that much...

Are these considered classics?

kemizt

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #86 on: May 18, 2009, 09:24:28 AM »

I was just sayin.  People syse "illmatic" way too much.  it was a beast for when it came out and it was a beast for a while and still is, but 9 tracks (all short songs btw) shouldn't give you a pass as a classic.  Even though i would never debate it too hard but it's like still, that album is way too short to just be labeled an "all time classic"

Too short to be a classic? Now that's another dumb statement.

kemizt

jeanmiche777

« Reply #87 on: May 18, 2009, 11:06:39 AM »
Illmatic.  Way too overrated.  I mean serious 9 tracks that are all (besides 1) under 5 minutes long.  It's 9 songs, not 15.  I can take 9 Gucci Mane songs from some mixtapes (all made in the same year) and make a better album than Illmatic.... real talk!

:o :o :o :o

Man, as much as I respect everyone's opinion on music, that right here must be is the dumbest thing I read in all my life on a forum. Gucci Mane??? NO way. Illmatic is my favortie rap album of all time. It is not overrated. You can say you don't like the style, and that it's not a classic in your book, but it is one of the best album released in the 90's. BTW, I don't care if it's short.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2009, 11:29:22 AM »
lol @ these Gucci Mane mixtape songs >>> Illmatic! :laugh:

you said some dumb shit, but that is the worst lol.

Illmatic is the foundation of rap lol, one of the most classic albums ever.

every song, individually, on that album is better than any song Gucci Mane has ever made. :laugh:

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #89 on: May 18, 2009, 11:47:23 AM »
lol @ these Gucci Mane mixtape songs >>> Illmatic! :laugh:

you said some dumb shit, but that is the worst lol.

Illmatic is the foundation of rap lol, one of the most classic albums ever.

every song, individually, on that album is better than any song Gucci Mane has ever made. :laugh:

fuck wat u talkin bout Gucci is that nigga!

« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 11:54:10 AM by RadioTube! Da Cannon »