Author Topic: IM GONNA QUIT WEED FOR A MONTH  (Read 293 times)

Myrealname

Re:IM GONNA QUIT WEED FOR A MONTH
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2002, 12:45:21 PM »
Damn the other night cops have found 50 grams of pure dutch weed under my car's seat....i'm out of pot right about now and in big troubles with them fuckin bastards.
Imagine that....50 grams of pure green from amsterdam....away! >:(  >:(  >:(
My best potdealer is in jail....i'm so damn sober !  :(

Young Dan Iza

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2002, 02:56:46 PM »
Yup, it may not seem like long, but it is too me

ive been blazing weed at least once a day for about 6 months now, for 1-2 years before it was 2-3 times a week.....

im in Uinversity now,,,,i wanna stop eating bullshit foods, and make myself better,,,,im gonna stop for a month,, evaluate the changes then cut down to like once every 2 weeks or so....

i dont mind weed, but now its an essential part of my social life, im always high,,,i gotta change

wish me luck

who are u snoop dogg?

MidnightPills

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2002, 03:23:37 PM »
well the first step to recovery is to admit you have a problem. If you are in denial about your problem... then let that be a sign to you that you have a problem.... the first thing they told us in Human Services you must be able and willing to change your life style but the first step in doing so is to realize there is a problem and ask yourself "what am i going to do about this problem?''
once you have help yourself...you can help others!

good luck on your quest!

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2002, 04:03:13 PM »
Yup, it may not seem like long, but it is too me

ive been blazing weed at least once a day for about 6 months now, for 1-2 years before it was 2-3 times a week.....

im in Uinversity now,,,,i wanna stop eating bullshit foods, and make myself better,,,,im gonna stop for a month,, evaluate the changes then cut down to like once every 2 weeks or so....

i dont mind weed, but now its an essential part of my social life, im always high,,,i gotta change

wish me luck

who are u snoop dogg?

i like to think i am sometimes
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Sikotic™

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2002, 06:11:38 PM »
Tight man. Just give it up all together.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Trauma-san

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2002, 10:10:02 AM »
LOL @ this guy trying to tell me Marijuana's "allright".  Man, have you read anything about it?

1. antimotivational syndrome - this is just a polite way of saying most potheads are lazy as hell.  You get caught up in smoking, and being 'relaxed' as you call it all the time, and can't function propery, start having problems at work, school, etc. don't want to do anything.  Scientific studies, not just my word.

2. Fertility problems. - Lets just focus on men.  Several studies (including one by the University of Buffalo in 1998) have shown conclusively that a. Marijuana (THC, specifically) causes Spermatogenesis (low sperm count), decreased number of Leydig cells (which make testoterone) and that even the Sperm that is created has a harder time fertilizing the egg! Sperm seek out eggs by using cannabanoids, which THC effectively destroys.  

3. If you use Marijuana consistantly, you're 3 times more likely to have psychotic problems.  25 times more likely to have severe psychotic symptoms, and 12 times more likely to be institutionalized for psychotic symptoms.  Bon appetit!

4. Marijuana Impairs lung function (you can't breathe as properly, usually your lungs can't expand by an average of 8% less than a healthy individual)

5. In 2002, Fried, Watkinson, and Gray discovered that smoking more than 5 joints a week produced a decline in IQ test scores.  The problem is reversable though, and it probably doesn't cause long term damage.

6. Another study this year on folks who had been using pot an average of 23 years each showed that it increased their likelyhood of having memory problems, with it getting worse and worse, at a higher rate than the normal population, as they got older.  

7. After you smoke a joint, until the effects wear off, you're 4.1 times more likely to have a heart attack.  

8. You said that marijuana keeps you from committing road rage.  Well, Friedman and Glassman in 2001 showed that marijuana and alcohol (but no other drugs!) actually INCREASE the likelyhood that you will commit a weapon offense.  

9. Marijuana use decreases blood flow to the Cerebellum, which is responsibile for memory, motor functions, etc. etc. etc.

10. In 2000, it was reported that marijuana aggravates tumor growth, compared to placebo'd patients.  

I mean, I could go on and on and on, and it's your choice, smoke if you want... I just think it's stupid for you to say there's nothing wrong with Pot.  If you had done any research at all, you'd know that's not right.  

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2002, 10:24:14 AM »
trauma give more more bad effects im iterested in that, im trying to collect them all in one file and print them just to remember :)
peace

Trauma-san

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2002, 10:43:53 AM »
O.K., I'll write more later, when I have more time.

I'm a christian, and I believe we shouldn't smoke them at all... however, most scientists agree that smoking OCCASIONALLY isnt' very harmful at all.  If you're habitually smoking though, you know, several days a week, then it's probably controlling your life more than you think.  Most of the problems with it are associated with a couple areas:

1. Anti-Social behaviour - Pot causes people to feel (or literally be) seperated from the pack

2. Health Concerns - Pot is a poison, plain and simple, how else you think you feel 'high'? It's poisoning your mind, that's why you trip off of it.  It's been associated with countless brain problems, as well as lots of cancer problems (just like regular smoking)..

3. Memory, motor problems - it affects the areas of your brain that deal with memory and motor senses, that's why you can't see as clearly, think as quickly, move as carefully, etc.  

4. Criminal problems - it is associated with a general loss of control, which leads to criminal problems.  twice as many crimes are committed under the influence of pot and alcohol as are committed to get money to buy pot and alcohol. Remember that

budsmokeronly

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2002, 03:39:49 PM »
1) Pot has never ever once been linked to kill a human being.

all those statements that your wrote- who the hell came up with them?  A lot of those things that you stated  are things like this, that I don't know the word, but I will give you some examples:

All Nike shoes are black.
The pair of shoes I bought are black.
Therefor I bought a pair of Nike's.

All potsmoker's are lazy.
I am lazy.
Therefor I am a pot smoker.

All christians attend church.
I attend church.
Therefor I am a christian.

See my point?

Of course there is going to be studies where they post information such as what you have stated.  There is also tons of information that posts good things about weed.  That crap about having psychotic problems is just that- straight crap.  How the hell can you have an accurate study that can prove that?  C'mon Trauma I know you are a pretty intelligent person.  You just cannot prove something like that.  There is way too many variables in that test and it would take years and years of testing and many many people would need to be tested.  That is straight bullshit.  The thing about the lungs.  Sure if you don't ever get any exercise and just smoke pot all the time your lungs are not going to be in good shape.  But like I posted previously it has been stated in Sports Illustrated and said by basketball players in interviews (Charles Barkley) that over 60% of the NBA smokes pot.  I would bet large amounts of money that I am in better shape than over 60% of our nation.  So a study shows that pot and alcohol increase the likely hood of committing a weeapons offense, but no other drugs.  Again bullshit.  Yeah alchol will probably make it more likely, but pot?  Give me a break, people high on pot are way calm, peaceful and relaxed.  And to say no other drug increases that likelyhood.  Hahahahaha.  Cocaine, Acid, Exstacy, Mushrooms, speed, crack.  C'mon man all those drugs would have much higher chances of someone doing something violent.
 I could go on and on too.  And I never said that there is nothing wrong with marijauna.
I ain't gonna lie like a lot of stoners, that shit does cause problems in your life.

Pot gets a bad rap because people just believe every damn thing they hear.  I am 22 years old and I have smoked since I was 15.  I am a senior and Cal Poly University and will graduate with my BS in Business Finance in June.  Do you know the percentage of people in the United States that have graduated from college?  Its not high.  Too add to that I have 8 years work experience in about 10 different jobs.  2 jobs I have held each for 2 years too.  I have pretty much financed my own way through college.  Do you know the percentage of people my age who have done that?  I gaurantee its not high.  That claim about anti social behavior, well I have met many many people just through pot.  So throw all that crap out the window that you read about negativities of pot.  It is the person themselves that makes their life what it is.  Learn to control your own life and not have it be controlled.  That is fine that you do not smoke it, but don't believe all the hype.  The government obviously helps fund studies which show negativities about pot.  The government does not want it legalized.  You know why?  It isn't because it is really bad for you.  Hell cigaretts and alcohol are way worse for you.  The reason is money, money, money.  If pot became legalized here is just some ways it would screw with the economy:

1) The cotton industry would be wiped out.  Hemp is a much stronger and better product than cotton.  Hemp lasts a lot longer.  Think about how this would effect the clothing industry.
2) The cigarette and alcohol industry.  Think about how many people are involved in these industries and how they would all vote against the legalization.  There would be less consumption of alcohol and cigaretts.  Budweiser and Marboro both fund C.A.M.P. (Campaign against marijauna Production)  Think about bars and nightclubs losing much business.
3)Pot is the number 1 cash crop with annual sales of $32 billion.
4)the thousands of people who make a living off of growing, selling, gaurding, or are just involved with pot.
5)Millions of arrests are made each year due to pot.  Think about how many police officers, judges, prison gaurds, DEA's, etc. etc. are employed thanks to marijuana.
Have I ever read anything about marijuana you want to know?  Of course I have.  The thing is I don't believe everything I read/hear/see and you should not either.